Surly Boxing Thread

BigOrange1

1 hour ago, spystud13 said:

Neither was kellerman. He ripped the Texas commission after that fight but that shouldn't take anything away from what Lopez did. This kid has potential to be the best p4p in the next coming years

To bad Mares is out tonight. Don't Think Mares has the power to beat Davis but regardless would have been a good fight.

Being that I'm from San Antonio I can't wait to see how Mario Barrios looks. This is probably gonna be his toughest fight to date.

Edited by Coach pop a bitch

I saw that fight last night too. Entertaining one. I started pulling for Zepeda after it became clear he was there to win, but I was fine with 115-113 Ramirez. 116-112 was a bit wide. If Zepeda was better conditioned he would've taken that belt, but you could tell his feet weighed a lot more beginning in about round 8 or 9.

16 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Today was the anniversary of Tyson/Douglas. Anyone under 40 probably has no earthly idea what an absolutely stunning upset that was at the time. 

Before my time but the fact that Tyson's corner didn't bother bringing a cold press to the ring is still baffling.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2019 at 1:49 PM, BigOrange1 said:

GGG to DAZN, will fight in june and will likely complete his trilogy with canelo in september:

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/26187047/ggg-signs-deal-dazn-fight-june

Who would he fight in June? I doubt Canelo takes Jacobs/GGG back-to-back (just doesn't seem like something fighters do these days, take the #1 and #2 contenders immediately after each other), but I have zero interest in seeing GGG against anyone other than Andrade or Charlo.

Super excited for Garcia-Spence. I think Spence is getting too much love in the buildup from boxing fans (many expecting him to stop Garcia). He might very well win it and maybe even over-power Garcia, but I don't think Garcia is going to be obliterated like some people do. This will be very technical and likely go 12. We'll know by the 2nd/3rd round whether Mikey has enough power to halt Spence from coming forward on him though.

9 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

errol spence is a motherfucking problem.  who the fuck is gonna beat this guy?

The only two fights I want to see him in are against Thurman (which I think Spence wins) and Crawford (classic fight/toss up). Manny doesn't need to be in there with him. Porter is basically what Spence would be if he had only 1/3 of the technique and styles that Spence has. Any other fights at 147 are wastes of time.

PBC is going to feed Manny to him for big bucks, probably at JerryWorld ....I can't blame him for taking that payday before Thurman or Crawford although not the best thing for real boxing fans

and Mikey is made out of granite ...Kel Brook and Lamont Peterson couldn't last that long against Spence and he didn't hit either of them with anywhere near that many clean shots,  Mikey kept his elbow tucked most of the fight and never got caught with a really clean left hook liver shot that Spence puts people down with ...Mikey is one of my favorite fighters I hope that fight didn't scramble his brain he took too much for too long 

• Like 1

On 3/17/2019 at 12:32 PM, BurdineBandit said:

The only two fights I want to see him in are against Thurman (which I think Spence wins) and Crawford (classic fight/toss up).  

would be nice to unify the belts and beat thurman’s ass but that bitch keeps dodging him.  the fight with crawford would be the best but I dunno if espn and pbc can work together.  espn sucks. 

• 4 weeks later...