Surly Boxing Thread

BigOrange1

1 hour ago, spystud13 said:

That sucks. I liked him on HBO, glad he outlived HBO’s boxing run. 

Sorry to see HBO give up on boxing. It’s created a void on my weekends since December. I miss Friday Night Fights on ESPN too.  

Edited by DeepEastTexas

I had a lot of fun watching Williams vs. Hurd on FOX Saturday. Hurd was starting to gain steam as a dangerous man at 154, and I thought he was better than the much more hyped Charlos (which he still might be), but Williams just took it to him, and beat him at his own game on the inside. Great fight.

The two fights on ESPN were not nearly as good as two bigger/longer guys beat down their smaller counterparts. Berchelt looked much too fast for Vargas, and Navarrete looked much too long and busy for Dogboe.

8 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Yea I’m dumb and thought Wilder was next week and Usyk was this week so I missed it live. That was vicious.

Yeah, you had me all confused yesterday. Usyk tore his right biceps, so he ain’t fighting for awhile. 

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/26694752/usyk-1st-heavyweight-bout-due-injury

7 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Mike Tyson to the white courtesy phone.

Oh, I saw all of Mike Tyson's fights. But name me another that looked like that, in a heavyweight championship fight.

Off the top of my head I'd say the Marvis Frazier, Henry Tillman and Michael Spinks fights could fall into that category. But I still think the crispness of that Wilder shot trumps those by Tyson.

1 hour ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Oh, I saw all of Mike Tyson's fights. But name me another that looked like that, in a heavyweight championship fight.

Off the top of my head I'd say the Marvis Frazier, Henry Tillman and Michael Spinks fights could fall into that category. But I still think the crispness of that Wilder shot trumps those by Tyson.

Let me go watch Tyson’s greatest hits (I haven’t done that in quite a while, and it is very enjoyable) and I’ll get back to you.

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

Let me go watch Tyson’s greatest hits (I haven’t done that in quite a while, and it is very enjoyable) and I’ll get back to you.

I just did.  Jesus Christ.  That's a must watch once or twice a year.  It's like a bomb goes off on several of his KO's.