This is a man. He's over 40. He's a man.

kopp0e

https://www.si.com/college/oklahomastate/football/kasey-dunn-offensive-coordinator

As Pokes Report projected on Friday when Oklahoma State head football coach Mike Gundy hired former Louisiana Tech record-setting quarterback, NFL veteran, and college and NFL quarterback coach Tim Rattay as his quarterback coach, Kasey Dunn has been elevated into the role of offensive coordinator for the Cowboys.  

Gundy announced the move today and took full advantage of his involvement with the ESPN Coaches Film Room coverage and the attention on college football as the Dunn promotion will run on the ESPN crawl throughout the evening. In addition, Gundy will likely comment on Dunn and his promotion during his appearance on the Coaches Film Room program.

Dunn has called plays before for the Cowboys. In the opening game this season at Oregon State when the coaches heading back to the press box for the second half were stuck in the elevator, it was Dunn that called the plays for a perfect 10 play, 75-yard drive that took 2:40 off the clock and was culminated with a two-yard touchdown run by Chuba Hubbard.  On the sidelines, Gundy was trying to congratulate Sean Gleeson on the series when he was told the coaches in the booth were just getting in there and that Dunn had called the series from the field. Dunn has been a big contributor to game plans throughout is time at Oklahoma State.

Following the bowl trip, Gundy and athletics director Mike Holder both worked on keeping Dunn on the Oklahoma State staff and got it accomplished. In part, with the opportunity to be offensive coordinator and also a reported five-year contract worth a speculated $800,000 per year.   Dunn joined Gundy's staff in 2011 and is widely recognized as one of the best in college football. In 2017, both 247Sports and Football Scoop honored him as the nation's top receivers coach. 2020 will be his 10th season with the Cowboys, which will make him the longest consecutively-serving OSU football assistant since 1962.

"We have been in Stillwater going on 10 years and have loved raising our family here and being part of the OSU community," Dunn said. "We have an excellent returning cast of players and coaches and a supportive fan base, which makes this an exciting time for Cowboy football. I'm honored to get this opportunity and thankful to Coach Holder and Coach Gundy."     Both of Dunn's daughters, Kayla and Lauren, are outstanding students and are in school at Oklahoma State. Kayla was a top 20 freshman her first year and has won awards for her work in her major in journalism. Dunn's wide Janelle is very involved in the community. 

During his time in Stillwater, Dunn has coached two winners of the Biletnikoff Award presented to the nation's top receiver – Justin Blackmon in 2011 and James Washington in 2017. Blackmon (2011), Washington (2017) and Tylan Wallace (2018) each earned first-team All-America status under Dunn's tutelage.

In his nine years with the Cowboys, his receivers have earned All-Big 12 honors 10 times and OSU has had at least one All-Big 12 receiver in all but one of Dunn's years on staff.  This is the second straight year that Dunn has earned a promotion, as he added the title of Associate Head Coach in 2019.  In addition to his time in the college game, Dunn has an NFL pedigree. He coached running backs for the Seattle Seahawks from 2008-09. Since coming to Oklahoma State, 10 of his pupils have gone on to play in the NFL, including current pros Washington, Marcell Ateman, Tyron Johnson and Chris Lacy.

"Coach Dunn is a player's coach because he will be honest with you and always treat you with respect," Washington said. "He knows what matters and does a great job of communicating it in an authentic way.   Kasey Dunn was a big help to me and a major contributor to everything we did when I was offensive coordinator at Oklahoma State," said former Cowboys offensive coordinator and now new Texas offensive coordinator Mike Yurcich. "Kasey was the main communicator for me down on the sidelines."

Dunn has earned a tremendous amount of respect from his players, from his fellow coaches and from administrators and officials on campus. It is not imminent, but someday Mike Gundy will decide to retire and Kasey Dunn, with his time at Oklahoma State and knowledge of what it takes to succeed at OSU, could be a candidate to be the next head coach of the Cowboys. Make no mistake right now, he is very happy to be the next offensive coordinator.  

https://www.si.com/college/oklahomastate/football/kasey-dunn-offensive-coordinator

Yes he was excellent during that Fiesta Bowl run, and we wanted him back as OC...his family vacations with Gundy, he continued to innovate after Holgy installed a new offense, and was aggressive at key times.  His NFL experience would be a recruiting boon and his closeness to Gundy could hopefully avoid some of the turtling we’ve seen over the years.  

Oh well Dunn has been an outstanding recruiter, seems to do well at developing WRs, and apparently called plays with great success when an elevator broke and Staff/Gleeson  were stuck during the other OSU game. He’s also been around a long time so I expect him to stand up to Gundy.  

But yeah I wanted Monken.  

Edit:  Saw the elevator story already posted above.  Such a huge sample size of his play calling tells me we will have unprecedented success and average 1,200 yards per game

Edited by Homercles

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2019 at 8:35 PM, Okie State said:

It honestly couldn't have happened any other way. Well, I guess we could have won that game and then let OU knock us out the next week. That's the only thing that could have been worse. At least we got a Bedlam win and Conference title out of the deal instead of nothing.

And the Fiesta Bowl win as well.

• 1 month later...

Heard good things about him, but heard even better things about incoming freshman Illingsworth. I honestly don't remember the juco guy Bullock. I just hope Sanders fixes some of his shortcomings from last year. Missing spring practice is particularly shitty for us because he needs all the practice he can get.

2 hours ago, Okie State said:

So is the headline implying he got it from the protest or that he could have potentially spread it at the protest?

I think they are implying he probably got it at the protest.  And apparently, it's 3 players and not 5.  

Seems pretty unlikely to show up only a few days later on test results, but I'm no expert.

I’m no expert either and I’ve always assumed it would show up that quickly. Maybe the fact that we don’t even understand something this basic is one of the problems.

16 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

When are the rest supposed to arrive? It would suck if they got an even later start to camp. This is supposed to be their year.

Okie Lite first game not till Sept 3rd.

Aren't the fall camps limited to 6 weeks so starting sometime in mid-July??  Any workouts that start June 15th (the B12 approved start date)   are voluntary so hopefully still a decent amount of time for COVID-19 positive players to recover before fall camp.

Edited by LTtxfan

banned for one post season.   That'll learn em.

Here is a full list of the sanctions handed down by the NCAA to the Oklahoma State program on Friday:

Three years of probation.

A 2020-21 postseason ban for the men’s basketball team.

A $10,000 fine plus 1% of the men’s basketball program budget (self-imposed by the university).

A reduction of men’s basketball scholarships by a total of three during the 2020-21 through 2022-23 academic years.

A reduction of men’s basketball official visits to 25 during the 2018-19/2019-20 rolling two-year period and to 18 during the 2019-20/2020-21 rolling two-year period (self-imposed by the university).

A prohibition of men’s basketball unofficial visits for two weeks during the fall of 2020 and two weeks during the fall of 2021 (self-imposed by the university). The university also must prohibit unofficial visits for three additional weeks during the fall of 2020, 2021 and/or 2022.

A prohibition of men’s basketball telephone recruiting for a one-week period during the 2020-21 academic year (self-imposed by the university). The university also must prohibit telephone recruiting for six additional weeks during the probation period.

A reduction in the number of men’s basketball recruiting person days by 12 during the 2019-20 academic year (self-imposed by the university). The university also must reduce the number of recruiting person days by five during the 2020-21 academic year.

A 10-year show-cause order for the former associate head coach. During that period, any NCAA member school employing him must restrict him from any athletically related duties unless it shows cause why the restrictions should not apply.

A prohibition of the men’s basketball staff from participating in off-campus evaluations for three consecutive days during the summer evaluation periods in 2020 (self-imposed by the university).

So, what happens to LSU when the Head Coach is on tape buying players?  I hate that I'm not shocked he still has a job.  SEC: It Just Means More

“‘Cause I went to him with a strong ass offer about a month ago,” Wade said on the wiretap. “F***ing strong. Now, the problem was, I know why he didn’t take it now, it was tilted toward the family a little bit. But I mean, it was a f***ing hell of an offer. Like, a hell of an offer. Especially for a kid that’s going to be a two- or three-year kid. I’ve made deals for as good a players as him that were a lot simpler than this.”

• 2 weeks later...
YTz0-AxN_bigger.jpg     Pete Thamel     @PeteThamel
1h

Column on Oklahoma State aiding and abetting a decade of Mike Gundy's buffoonery. Chuba Hubbard should be admired for demanding "CHANGE." But history says OSU would rather be a national mockery (again) than hold Gundy accountable.

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Gundy is an idiot, but Pete Thamel and Barry Tramel are not remotely credible to discuss the topic.

Disagree slightly.

Thamel is good buddies with Thayer Fucking Evans if that tells you anything. He's a complete piece of shit.

Tramel, on the other hand, is quite credible, IMO.  That said, I absolutely do not expect Gundy to go anywhere. 

EDIT - and yes, Gundy is a good football coach, but kind of a moron in pretty much every other aspect of life.

Edited by oSuJeff97

22 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Disagree slightly.

Thamel is good buddies with Thayer Fucking Evans if that tells you anything. He's a complete piece of shit.

Tramel, on the other hand, is quite credible, IMO.  That said, I absolutely do not expect Gundy to go anywhere. 

EDIT - and yes, Gundy is a good football coach, but kind of a moron in pretty much every other aspect of life.

Tramel is credible on covering the sports side of things, but to comment on what OSU admin might do, within hours of Chubas tweet, is just fucking stupid.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2020 at 4:56 PM, Iceman said:

Firing Gundy would be guilt trip/ cancel culture move from hell.

Do it!!!!   Lolz

While I think it would be funny, fuck that. It's childish and immature af. He's the best coach their program has ever had. 

Edited by Longboard Horn