This is a man. He's over 40. He's a man.

kopp0e

2 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Can't wait to see what excruciating way we lose this weekend and help OU back into another Big 12 title.

Saturday will be the 21st time Ok State play OU while the Cowboys are ranked. Ranked Ok St teams are 3 - 17 vs Oklahoma (wins in 1947, 1997, 2012). That means the win percentage for ranked Ok St teams is about the same as unranked Poke teams.

Of the twenty times Ok St has played OU while ranked, twelve have come in the last 16 years. This current period in Ok State football is by far their best since WWII. Unfortunately for them, it has coincided with a period of sustained success for the Sooners.

Edited by quigley

Not sure how accurate, but Wiki says: "After the 2019 season, the Cowboys are 2–13 vs. the Oklahoma Sooners under Gundy as head coach. They won in 2011 and 2014."

So Gundy's last Bedlam victory was in Norman in 2014.

Logo of the Oklahoma Sooners
Edited by LTtxfan

15 hours ago, 'stache said:

My guess, they keep it close for 3+ quarters, then blow us out at the end. So not only do we get blown out, they kept us up for the whole game. I’d prefer they just curb stomp us as expected and I can be in bed by halftime to avoid a hangover.

Maybe.

But the best part of the Bedlam stomach-punch loss is that you never can predict it. Key player injury, missed officiating calls, dropped pass, dropped INT, bizarre deflection on a kickoff, missed extra point(s), fluky busted play TD for OU..... really the possibilities are endless... 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Maybe.

But the best part of the Bedlam stomach-punch loss is that you never can predict it. Key player injury, missed officiating calls, dropped pass, dropped INT, bizarre deflection on a kickoff, missed extra point(s), fluky busted play TD for OU..... really the possibilities are endless... 

Don’t forget fake field goal td in an ice storm. Fml.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Maybe.

Even better, this year we have absolutely no interest in the outcome when both OU and Okie Light are fighting for their chance to win the conference. Having to pull for either of these schools to advance UT's chance at the conference title, even in the least meaningful way, is an unpleasantness I'm happy not to have to worry about.

50 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Well, since the Cowpokes are due a tail-whippin' tomorrow:

He should stick with aggy facts. He may get a rise out of some new money poke fans but most of us understand the ineptitude and aren’t gonna make aggy excuses, especially anyone who followed the program before 2005.

• Like 2

There's talk on the interwebs that 20 or so ou players are out with covid. This supposedly includes 3-5 defensive starters, one starting WR (Haselwood) and maybe their really good TE. I believe none of this and still expect to get thrashed. Sanders just ain't that good, he'll have 2+ turnovers and give the goons a short field for a couple of easy TDs. 38-16 shitbags. Fuck ou.

On 11/17/2020 at 8:26 PM, LTtxfan said:

Not sure how accurate, but Wiki says: "After the 2019 season, the Cowboys are 2–13 vs. the Oklahoma Sooners under Gundy as head coach. They won in 2011 and 2014."

So Gundy's last Bedlam victory was in Norman in 2014.

Logo of the Oklahoma Sooners

2014 Oklahoma State Wins Bedlam in Norman    38-35

Edited by LTtxfan

54 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

OSU’s defense is pretty good. They have more than enough on offense to exploit OU’s defense. OSU should win this game, but OU seems to always find a way.

The defense is pretty good but why on earth do you think OSU "should" win? Gundy's won this game twice. Once with the greatest team in the history of the fucking program and the other when Stoops made one of the most boneheaded mistakes of his career. The spread was at 10 until some covid rumors have it down around 7. I want a win badly but Gundy + Sanders' turnovers = 38-16 fuckheads win. 

• Like 1

The defense is pretty good but why on earth do you think OSU "should" win? Gundy's won this game twice. Once with the greatest team in the history of the fucking program and the other when Stoops made one of the most boneheaded mistakes of his career. The spread was at 10 until some covid rumors have it down around 7. I want a win badly but Gundy + Sanders' turnovers = 38-16 fuckheads win. 
It's always amazing to me how 'outsiders' look at this game.

8 hours ago, Sandman said:

Damn, I just about nailed it. It's like I've seen this movie before or something.

On 11/18/2020 at 8:29 AM, oSuJeff97 said:

Maybe.

You never can predict it? I predict it every year. Y’all beat them even less frequently than we do. 

6 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

You never can predict it? I predict it every year. Y’all beat them even less frequently than we do. 

yeah, I had the game on in the background and glanced up to see it was 21-0, and was struck (again) by what a silly nickname the series has

it's not Bedlam when you expect one team to win 100% of the time and they come through 85% of the time. I loved 2001 and 2002 but those are the only real Bedlammy games I can think of as a disinterested outsider

Did you even read what he said? The prediction isn't that we will lose, it's how we will lose. We always lose, but sometimes we keep it close enough to give us hope only to lose at the end. This was a more traditional blowout loss with the game being over ten minutes in.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 11/22/2020 at 12:06 AM, Tex Pete said:

Ummm... you never can predict *how* the stomach punch loss will unfold was what I was saying. The loss is a given, *how it it happens* is what cannot be predicted.

2 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Ummm... you never can predict *how* the stomach punch loss will unfold was what I was saying. The loss is a given, *how it it happens* is what cannot be predicted.

Sorry. I was just angry that y’all lost. 2020 has been such a gut punch in so many ways. 

yeah, I had the game on in the background and glanced up to see it was 21-0, and was struck (again) by what a silly nickname the series has
it's not Bedlam when you expect one team to win 100% of the time and they come through 85% of the time. I loved 2001 and 2002 but those are the only real Bedlammy games I can think of as a disinterested outsider

You should try learning about the root of the name. I won’t bore you with it since you probably don’t care, but you’re wrong here.

Glad we are doing our annual ‘one day out of four as legit vacation, with the other three days dedicated to Xmas decorating Friday, pre-Xmas toy consolidation/cleanup Saturday, and the usual laundry/grocery/cleaning Sunday’ routine...gives me an excuse not to watch OSU struggle and/or bed shit on a rainy Saturday because we once again failed to put all the pieces together properly.