Non-Texas recruiting: 2020

Fud

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Just so we we're clear, Rivals fucked up. That's not in question. Profiles get created in 2 manners: someone manually creates them or they are scraped. If it's a manual creation, that person needs to have their shit together and fact check things. Rivals didn't. They're morons. But 247 just running a scrape and having a new profile pop up is different. If I get on a bus or in an uber, I'm not asking the driver every time if I can see their driver's license. I just assume the guys employing them did their due diligence. It's also the same reason you don't see industry analysts calling Alabama coaches to confirm every "offer" they send out. They just listen to the kid more times than not. 

That's fair. Unlike your car service though, you won't get a ticket if your driver gets pulled over and can't provide their license. If 247 wants to scrape and put up profiles another system puts up, then they should share in any bad press for being too lazy or tight-fisted to check the data they put on their own site. Rivals fucked up by straight getting duped. 247 fucked up by not doing due diligence on what they put on their website. You may give them a pass, but I see it as something a low-level editor could have checked with little effort. (Just like a low-level editor could actually make these recruiting 'analysts' read like they have some proficiency with the English language.)

I understand the composite.  
I also understand that if anyone publishes a composite of someone that doesn't exist,  whether it was scraped from another source or not,   you have a meaningless composite.  

That one guy's composite ranking was meaningless, but it's not like it had any major impact on the composite rankings of the real players.

On 2/14/2019 at 8:00 AM, MonkeyDoughnut said:

That's a lot of butt hurt over something that is "****" and doesn't matter....

At least they are helping recruits believe that they should consider visiting Texas as it will likely up their ranking. I for one appreciate their help getting top recruits on our campus.

For someone who doesn't care about SB NATION and Texas, he sure spends a lot of his free time defending his shitty site and shitty school.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Hah some Westfield parent is showing his ass on Twitter and even Lindberg is jumping into the comments

Singletary seems like a moron.  However, according to my untrained eye, Booker does look like a pretty good player.  

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/10369142/5bb12879d45e781130a71060

On 2/15/2019 at 12:22 PM, golfclap said:

Morven Joseph commits to Florida. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Morven-Joseph-46059010/

Jimbo didn't offer... he wasn't the SEC West level good in Florida that he's looking to offer now that his prospects are dimming in state.

On 2/16/2019 at 5:27 PM, Machinator said:

That 1 CB to USC missed it by "This much".

-Three letters [check]
-"S" & "U" are two of those three letters [check]
-Head coach is a bit of a clueless fuck [check]
-The university is west of the Mississippi River [ch... OHHHH...

...missed it by about a mile... so close. Please try again.]

8 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

...according to my untrained eye, Booker does look like a pretty good player.  

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/10369142/5bb12879d45e781130a71060

Mine too. He looks like a LB who outgrew LB.

He's pretty quick & strong, but he also appears to be playing against much weaker competition.

He looks like he could put on a lot of muscle in his lower body and that would make him a monster.

SCATTERSHOOTING WHILE THINKING... I was about 1/2 his weight late in my junior year of high school. I can't imagine the grocery bill for some of these parents. (or the plumbing bills)

Just now, Fud said:

Uh, he plays for Westfield 

Which means...?

(I think that that's Houston area and I grew up in Dallas. I also haven't really lived in Texas for ~20 years, so I don't know

-if Westfield plays good teams  /[he performed against top competition]
-if Westfield has so many good player that he's rarely double teamed.
-if Westfield is the only team worth a shit in their district...

Excuse my ignorance, but I don't know the significance of Westfield.

Just now, Napoleon said:

Which means...?

(I think that that's Houston area and I grew up in Dallas. I also haven't really lived in Texas for ~20 years, so I don't know

-if Westfield plays good teams  /[he performed against top competition]
-if Westfield has so many good player that he's rarely double teamed.
-if Westfield is the only team worth a shit in their district...

Excuse my ignorance, but I don't know the significance of Westfield.

Westfield plays 6A Houston football, against a bunch of good athletes, although sometimes not the best coached. The competition is pretty good. 

1 minute ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

The Booker kid was the camp MVP or something like that and he did win a rep against Parr. Regardless, the dad is a total ass. Trash talking Lindberg without knowing who he is even though Chad didn't participate. 

Maybe he couldn't tell them apart. #reversekatfid

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Alec Bryant to LSU. OU was recruiting him hard for a long time, no idea if the new defensive staff was as high on him though. Wonder if LSU takes Branard Wright soon, too?

Isn’t he the one that’s pretty good friends with Princley Umanmiely, they rode together to Norman a few times? Would this help seal the deal with Princely pretty quickly?