Non-Texas recruiting: 2020

Fud

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Fuck no. That is a horrible idea. I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt and just assume you’re at least five pours in to a good whiskey, friend. 

Seems like a good assumption, seeing as ol Bill doesn't know what "semi annually" means.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Fuck no. That is a horrible idea. I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt and just assume you’re at least five pours in to a good whiskey, friend. 

*Prepares to be flamed.* 

I like playing different, compelling teams every year as much as the next guy, but I love rivalries. The OU rivalry is great.  Every other team in the Big 12 hates us too, but we don’t hate them back. It’s just not the same.

And no, I don’t want to play Aggy again. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

3 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I wouldn’t mind bringing back the Piggy rivalry. It’s an automatic win against a SEC team and former rival. 

What’s the best case scenario for Arky Chad’s program? Maxing out at 7 wins? 

You may not remember, but that’s a trap game. Ask Mack. They hate us more than they love themselves. Our players can’t evem comprehend the irrational hate. We don’t think about Arkansas at all. 

Fuck, here we go with the “play Arkansas again“ horseshit. Next up whoever the idiot was who said we should be playing UH every year to help with H-town recruiting will show up and prop his dirty, shit covered boots on the desk and make himself at home. 

If we beat Arkansas’s it’s a given we win and we get no credit, if we lose it ruins seasons, and as others have said they hate us more than they like themselves. You travel to their shit little town and you get slashed tires and keyed vehicles. They play dirty. Fuck those assholes, you don’t throw them bones. We play tech every fucking year, you don’t consider it a rivalry, but you think bringing back Arkansas would be? Stop. Get help. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Texas Tech has received commitments from what appears to be a couple of decent recruits over the last few days.  

Derrick Lewis, a LB out of Schertz Clemens who picked TT over Neb., Oklahoma State and others, as well as A&M Consolidated DB, Nate Floyd, who selected TT over Missouri and Ariz.  Tech now has 18 commitments.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Mack and Brew just grabbed a five-star, the best player in NC. Nicely done.

https://247sports.com/Player/Desmond-Evans-46035517/

Sanford is just 20 minutes south of campus. It's not like he was killing himself in Florida for this one. Hell, Fuquay-Varina would be harder to get to. (No point here, I just like saying "Fuquay-Varina").

3 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Sanford is just 20 minutes south of campus. It's not like he was killing himself in Florida for this one. Hell, Fuquay-Varina would be harder to get to. (No point here, I just like saying "Fuquay-Varina").

As long as we keep our in state recruits, the more guys North Carolina can keep out of Alabama, South Carolina, and Georgia the better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

As long as we keep our in state recruits, the more guys North Carolina can keep out of Alabama, South Carolina, and Georgia the better.

I'm actually a little surprised Mack is able to make any inroads at all into the state of Texas (doors might open, but getting somebody to visit from there to here seems next to impossible), but the VA/Carolina/Tennessee/KY/GA area ought to be pretty ripe for him. If he can't succeed over the next few seasons at UNC then he really does need to just hang it up.

6 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I'm actually a little surprised Mack is able to make any inroads at all into the state of Texas (doors might open, but getting somebody to visit from there to here seems next to impossible), but the VA/Carolina/Tennessee/KY/GA area ought to be pretty ripe for him. If he can't succeed over the next few seasons at UNC then he really does need to just hang it up.

Well, after Georgia and that little school in West South Carolina are done selecting their classes.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Well, I have Fuquayed South Austin's mom's Vagina more than a few times, if you know what I mean.

5 hours ago, golfclap said:

In the rare actual surprise :: 

Arik Gilbert (5* TE) to LSU.   

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27913754/no-2-tight-end-recruit-arik-gilbert-commits-lsu#

"LSU landed a commitment from five-star tight end Arik Gilbert on Wednesday.  The No. 12 recruit overall, according to ESPN, chose the Tigers over a top list of Alabama, Clemson, Georgia and Texas A&M.😄😄😄

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27913754/no-2-tight-end-recruit-arik-gilbert-commits-lsu#

"LSU landed a commitment from five-star tight end Arik Gilbert on Wednesday.  The No. 12 recruit overall, according to ESPN, chose the Tigers over a top list of Alabama, Clemson, Georgia and Texas A&M.😄😄😄

Gilbert is a monster. As funny as it is that he didn't pick aggy, I kind of wish he'd gone to Clemson, Bama, or UGA. The thought of our defense trying to cover him next year is just depressing.

4 hours ago, campcrunk said:

Gilbert is a monster. As funny as it is that he didn't pick aggy, I kind of wish he'd gone to Clemson, Bama, or UGA. The thought of our defense trying to cover him next year is just depressing.

You're worried about a fucking true freshman tight end?

On 10/18/2019 at 11:32 AM, texifornia said:

Mack and Brew just grabbed a five-star, the best player in NC. Nicely done.

https://247sports.com/Player/Desmond-Evans-46035517/

On 10/18/2019 at 1:04 PM, Walden Ponderer said:

On 10/18/2019 at 1:11 PM, texifornia said:

Well, after Georgia and that little school in West South Carolina are done selecting their classes.

I actually think Trenton Simpson is the best player in North Carolina for the 2020 class, and it's not even close. He's a straight up baller who I wish Clemson went after harder, but they filled up on LB early and the oversign spot is being held for Flowe. I'd still take him and figure it out later, because he's a perfect fit for the athletic Sam LB that Venables relies so much on. Simpson is fucking legit though, and it's looking like he decomitted from Auburn in order to join the Fightin' Mack Browns! 

I really hope Mack gets Carolina to be a consistent top 20 team. 

14 minutes ago, TheBryMan81 said:

I'm curious... How long do you think you guys can hold onto Brady? Seems to me that, with the success you guys are having on offense, some team would come in and give him a pay raise and a true OC title.

He’s making 400k right now, no doubt he can triple that this off season. 

10 hours ago, TheBryMan81 said:

I'm curious... How long do you think you guys can hold onto Brady? Seems to me that, with the success you guys are having on offense, some team would come in and give him a pay raise and a true OC title.

He's going to get promoted to primary OC and get a huge contract. Maybe someone hires him away with a head coaching offer, or maybe the NFL comes calling, but I don't think another college can steal him as the OC. 

• Like 1