Non-Texas recruiting: 2020

Fud

I'm curious... How long do you think you guys can hold onto Brady? Seems to me that, with the success you guys are having on offense, some team would come in and give him a pay raise and a true OC title.

for a while...he loves it there and from all accounts they love him, and he and Slinger have become good friends. and he’s about to get promoted and paid.

he just turned 30 in September and he’s still got a lot to learn and understands that.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, we were seriously circling the drain recruiting wise a few weeks ago, but just got a wave of new commitments after winning a few games and have gotten ourselves off the mat.  We were in the 60's, now up to #34 and climbing.  SC is sucking the gaspipe, with a dead man walking coach.  

7 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

LSU really hasn’t fucked up a head coach hire in a long time.

Both LSU and blOU just promoted guys they already had, and are enjoying massive success. It's bullshit but what are you going to do.

I still think LSU comes back to Earth next year. The benefit of inheriting a senior QB + a team loaded with talented upperclassmen (many of whom could have declared for the NFL a year early) can't be overstated. Riley is really the one we have to worry about, he's built something of a perpetual motion machine at blOU fueled by QB transfers.

Arky losing players....

"Arkansas' de-commitment list for Sunday has reached three after wide receiver Mason Mangum announced his decision Sunday evening.  Mangum, a 5-11, 190-pounder from Austin (Texas) Westlake tweeted a statement at 8 p.m.  "I’m so grateful for Coach (Chad) Morris, Coach (Justin) Stepp, Coach (Mark) Smith and the entire staff at Arkansas for believing in me and giving me the opportunity to be a Razorback. This is tough to do... in light of today’s news I have decided I will be reopening my recruitment. WPS," Mangum said in his tweet.

Mangum is Arkansas' third de-commitment since head coach Chad Morris was fired on Sunday morning. He joins Marshall (Texas) wide receiver Savion Williams and Houston (Texas) North Shore running back John Gentry as the first to jump ship following Arkansas' coaching change.

https://247sports.com/Player/Mason-Mangum-46079598/ 

https://247sports.com/Player/Savion-Williams-46051526/

https://247sports.com/Player/John-Gentry-46054715/

14 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Arky losing players....

"Arkansas' de-commitment list for Sunday has reached three after wide receiver Mason Mangum announced his decision Sunday evening.  Mangum, a 5-11, 190-pounder from Austin (Texas) Westlake tweeted a statement at 8 p.m.  "I’m so grateful for Coach (Chad) Morris, Coach (Justin) Stepp, Coach (Mark) Smith and the entire staff at Arkansas for believing in me and giving me the opportunity to be a Razorback. This is tough to do... in light of today’s news I have decided I will be reopening my recruitment. WPS," Mangum said in his tweet.

Mangum is Arkansas' third de-commitment since head coach Chad Morris was fired on Sunday morning. He joins Marshall (Texas) wide receiver Savion Williams and Houston (Texas) North Shore running back John Gentry as the first to jump ship following Arkansas' coaching change.

https://247sports.com/Player/Mason-Mangum-46079598/ 

https://247sports.com/Player/Savion-Williams-46051526/

https://247sports.com/Player/John-Gentry-46054715/

Add the TE from Crockett to the list.

11 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

4 Star #13 ranked dual threat QB.  Wonder who needs a QB.... maybe K-State, SMU, or God forbid Bailor??

Would Chad let him play for Bimbo at Aggy??

https://247sports.com/Player/Chandler-Morris-46040236/

He's a small dude, like Shane. He should go to a air raid based offense where he can just get rid of the ball quickly to the open guy in 4 or 5 wide sets. Maybe Wash St, SMU, or UH?

On 11/11/2019 at 5:50 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

Colorado just landed a 4* RB from Louisiana ( Ashad Clayton ) and are getting a run of flip picks for 4* Safety Christian Gonzalez out if Texas and picks for 4* DE Jason Harris from Arizona ( has a Texas offer ).

On 11/11/2019 at 5:50 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

Colorado just landed a 4* RB from Louisiana ( Ashad Clayton ) and are getting a run of flip picks for 4* Safety Christian Gonzalez out if Texas and picks for 4* DE Jason Harris from Arizona ( has a Texas offer ).

Also got a commitment from Toren Pittman out of Frisco.  He is the son of Kavika Pittman and grandson of Drew Pearson

Class finish prediction from an LSU insider. They're already at 25 and can probably only take about 26, so they're going to have to trapdoor some kids as higher rated ones come in 

After the addition of Guillory we will take (take the hint) Webb, Evans, Dumervil and 2 possible 3 more. Burch isn't a given at this point, but we are the hands down leader going into the final stretch. The other spots will come down to eligible guys. We really like Crawford and Hill for OL, but both have their respective issues. We may take a second RB should Curry decide on transferring (betting man says he does) also CEH is leaving that decision has been made (barring injury obviously). We also have not shut down QB recruiting...

My predicted finish:
1. Evans
2. Webb
3. Dumervil
4. Crawford
5. Burch
6. RB/QB (could go either way)

Wonder if they circle back to King. It’ll be interesting to see if they can recruit well enough at the QB position to keep the steam going.
Hopefully they’ll be able to compete with Riley for QB transfers.

Not for long. It’ll be a small window with Brady. He’ll be back in the nfl before Riley. Cowboys OC, chargers job. There will be plenty of opportunity to lure him out of America’s butthole. They’ll be the spot for this next transfer class and that’s probably it.

Not for long. It’ll be a small window with Brady. He’ll be back in the nfl before Riley. Cowboys OC, chargers job. There will be plenty of opportunity to lure him out of America’s butthole. They’ll be the spot for this next transfer class and that’s probably it.

we just reupped him at 4 yrs for $1.8 mil per.

28 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

lol...y’all are practically begging him to leave...almost like y’all need him to leave.

We play y’all game 2 next year, whether he stays on staff or not for us is irrelevant because likely what he has in place can carry over at least one off season assuming you’re not breaking in a true freshman for that game or don’t hire a replacement OC with a wildly different scheme.

and if you’re insinuating that we’ll meet in the playoffs I’m guessing you haven’t spent a lot of time on the doom and gloom pages of what is called the football board.

17 hours ago, Fud said:

Class finish prediction from an LSU insider. They're already at 25 and can probably only take about 26, so they're going to have to trapdoor some kids as higher rated ones come in 

After the addition of Guillory we will take (take the hint) Webb, Evans, Dumervil and 2 possible 3 more. Burch isn't a given at this point, but we are the hands down leader going into the final stretch. The other spots will come down to eligible guys. We really like Crawford and Hill for OL, but both have their respective issues. We may take a second RB should Curry decide on transferring (betting man says he does) also CEH is leaving that decision has been made (barring injury obviously). We also have not shut down QB recruiting...

My predicted finish:
1. Evans
2. Webb
3. Dumervil
4. Crawford
5. Burch
6. RB/QB (could go either way)

Burch is such a tough one to predict. 

Umm whatever.  His new contract you just referenced.  Still irrelevant.  Still ignored completely by you.
But hey, maybe they sprung for A/C.  That might keep him there.  LOL.

still peppery after Burrow set a new yardage record for DKR, i see.

well you go, girl! we’ll see ya on the other side.

hoisting that trophy.
  • Fuck You 1

Nah, just don’t like proven bald faced liars like your HC nor do I like his snarky fans who called in racist death threats. You girls are straight up Cajun trash.

nah...you just don’t like getting your ass kicked. that’s all that matters...and you know it. you just don’t have the chest to admit it.

“Roll Tide!” what? fuck you!

“We’re back!” what? fuck you!

get used to it.

don’t worry, MENSA’s your guy. you all laughed and laughed about how y’all got your guy and we were left with an illiterate reject, about how MENSA was so much smarter and would roll us and our second hand coach, about how we couldn’t run a spread RPO the first year and how you all have a defense that sees that all the time and would blow us out.

how’d that turn out?

how’s that turning out in recruiting when we’ll have the No. 1 class?

you don’t know fuck all about how this works.

it’s about Ws...and we’ve got them.

and you don’t.
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Congrats. You have a good football team no doubt (when they’re not cramping up by the dozens of course). Good luck the rest of the season. Hope abandoning human decency, honesty  and ethics is worth it to you.

Oh wait, never mind, you’re from Louisiana lulz.

3 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

nah...you just don’t like getting your ass kicked. that’s all that matters...and you know it. you just don’t have the chest to admit it.

“Roll Tide!” what? fuck you!

“We’re back!” what? fuck you!

get used to it.

don’t worry, MENSA’s your guy. you all laughed and laughed about how y’all got your guy and we were left with an illiterate reject, about how MENSA was so much smarter and would roll us and our second hand coach, about how we couldn’t run a spread RPO the first year and how you all have a defense that sees that all the time and would blow us out.

how’d that turn out?

how’s that turning out in recruiting when we’ll have the No. 1 class?

you don’t know fuck all about how this works.

it’s about Ws...and we’ve got them.

and you don’t.

giphy.gif

(well, replace "me" with "us")

• Haha 2

giphy.gif
(well, replace "me" with "us")

i’m not at all, but y’all are some arrogant mother fuckers who never seem to learn the lesson of humility.

there’s a fine line between humility and humiliation. learn it.

i’m here, btw, because i’m a raging liberal and i like you all individually...many of which posters are some of my best personal friends. i like you all...i really do.

but your hubris and arrogance is systemic and is ingrained to the point where it’s viral and a part of your football programs ethos.
  • Fuck You 5