Non-Texas recruiting: 2020

Fud

11 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

nah...you just don’t like getting your ass kicked. that’s all that matters...and you know it. you just don’t have the chest to admit it.  

it’s about Ws...and we’ve got them.  and you don’t.

Great... LSU Won!!

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

nah...you just don’t like getting your ass kicked. that’s all that matters...and you know it. you just don’t have the chest to admit it.

“Roll Tide!” what? fuck you!

“We’re back!” what? fuck you!

get used to it.

don’t worry, MENSA’s your guy. you all laughed and laughed about how y’all got your guy and we were left with an illiterate reject, about how MENSA was so much smarter and would roll us and our second hand coach, about how we couldn’t run a spread RPO the first year and how you all have a defense that sees that all the time and would blow us out.

how’d that turn out?

how’s that turning out in recruiting when we’ll have the No. 1 class?

you don’t know fuck all about how this works.

it’s about Ws...and we’ve got them.

and you don’t.

2 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

i’m not at all, but y’all are some arrogant mother fuckers who never seem to learn the lesson of humility.

there’s a fine line between humility and humiliation. learn it.

i’m here, btw, because i’m a raging liberal and i like you all individually...many of which posters are some of my best personal friends. i like you all...i really do.

but your hubris and arrogance is systemic and is ingrained to the point where it’s viral and a part of your football programs ethos.

tl;dr

• Haha 1

hmmm...you want to do the same for you all across that same time period?

let’s see it...compare the two.

Pretty sure you didn’t read his post. He clearly states that we acknowledge that we’re rebuilding and that most of us are down on the current state of the team/coaching staff.

What purpose does comparing those numbers serve?
  • Like 1

i’m not at all, but y’all are some arrogant mother fuckers who never seem to learn the lesson of humility.

there’s a fine line between humility and humiliation. learn it.

i’m here, btw, because i’m a raging liberal and i like you all individually...many of which posters are some of my best personal friends. i like you all...i really do.

but your hubris and arrogance is systemic and is ingrained to the point where it’s viral and a part of your football programs ethos.

Ya, we’re arrogant. Most of us hold degrees from a prestigious university that offers degrees beyond “web-footed ancestries studies” and “I fucked my cousin/wife on the 1st date”. And we are a blue blood that will not disappear. How bout you beat aggy this year and teach your coach a different language than cookie monster.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

On 11/14/2019 at 12:50 PM, Kyrie Eleison said:

“Roll Tide!” what? fuck you!

“We’re back!” what? fuck you!

get used to it.

don’t worry, MENSA’s your guy. you all laughed and laughed about how y’all got your guy and we were left with an illiterate reject, about how MENSA was so much smarter and would roll us and our second hand coach, about how we couldn’t run a spread RPO the first year and how you all have a defense that sees that all the time and would blow us out.

how’d that turn out?

how’s that turning out in recruiting when we’ll have the No. 1 class?

you don’t know fuck all about how this works.

it’s about Ws...and we’ve got them.

and you don’t.

Lulz. You got fucking TRIGGERED because people had the audacity to suggest that your passing game coordinator might just possibly consider accepting a promotion to OC in the NFL, and that himsigning a contract extension is some sort of ironclad agreement to keep him locked up at LSU. Because coaches never break their contracts for a promotion. Fucking relax weirdo.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Lulz. You got fucking TRIGGERED because people had the audacity to suggest that your passing game coordinator might just possibly consider accepting a promotion to OC in the NFL, and that himsigning a contract extension is some sort of ironclad agreement to keep him locked up at LSU. Because coaches never break their contracts for a promotion. Fucking relax weirdo.

Easy bro, he likely holds a degree from LSU. It’s just wrong to make fun of those “less intellectually capable”. Hope that was politically correct.

50 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It's LSU. Literally the easiest program in the country for recruiting.

it's better now with all the excitement and new scheme, but it's been work the past few years getting who we need/want.

and it'll get even easier with Frank Wilson coming back when UTSA fires him after this season.

honestly, though, i don't like losing Lee regardless if it makes room for Jordan Burch.  Burch is a helluva talent and clearly better, and a position of need, but Lee's a damn good DT...and it's chickenshit.

• Like 1

5* LB Noah Sewell, brother of Oregon LT Penei Sewell (likely a future first round pick), commits to Oregon. Cristobal has them rolling on the field and in recruiting. Their defense next year will feature guys like Sewell, Mase Funa, Kayvon Thibodeaux, Mykael Wright, Jevon Holland, and probably one of Deommodore Lenoir and Thomas Graham. That's what a roster can look like when you recruit and evaluate each position group well *coughs at Herman and Orlando*.

Edited by George Clooney
  • Like 1

Some interesting comments about recruiting by Matt Rhule after Texas game...

Q. Why do you feel like it's been so quick?

MATT RHULE: Just a bunch of guys that worked. They worked. They're good players. I mean, we got talented players. We've recruited well. I'll say this to you. Recruiting is not ranking. Recruiting is not what people say it is. Recruiting is finding players that can play, develop them, put them in the right position.

I will say this. We knew what we were doing recruiting. We find good players. We got a lot of good players.

I mean, even like tonight, Yusuf Terry was out there playing as a freshman, redshirting. He's going to be something else. We have good players. Will have good players for years to come. It's about getting the right good players, guys that want the grind, want to work. We have those kind of kids.

This has nothing to do with the coaching staff to me. This has to do with our players, the players that have decided to come, their parents and families. A lot of parents and families either kept their kids here or made a decision to come here when there was a lot of noise, a lot of chatter.

I think that to me is the story, all the little stories. Guys who walked on, who paid to be on the football team, paid to go to school, contribute. A lot of great stories like that. Proud to be a part of those guys.

Q. Grayland Arnold’s impact

MATT RHULE: He's something special. The best thing is he's always working on what he's not good at to get better. Know what I'm saying? Not someone that just looks at his stats.

There's something about recruiting guys who played point guard, played basketball, played offense. Some of the things we lose nowadays, all the single-sport athletes, one-platoon football.

Coach Paterno used to talk about recruiting baseball players, guys that could track the ball. That's what Grayland was. People still talk about him playing basketball.

He has such a great feel for adjusting to the balls. Really the biggest thing is he wanted to redshirt last year. It was him making a decision to move from corner into safety, that not a lot of guys will do. He's not 6'2". We thought he could be a difference maker inside. He was banged up there for a while. Look at the turnovers he's created. Those aren't gimmes. He's making big- time plays down the field, catching the ball. That was critical tonight.

36 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

MATT RHULE: Just a bunch of guys that worked. They worked. They're good players. I mean, we got talented players. We've recruited well. I'll say this to you. Recruiting is not ranking. Recruiting is not what people say it is. Recruiting is finding players that can play, develop them, put them in the right position.

I will say this. We knew what we were doing recruiting. We find good players. We got a lot of good players.

I mean, even like tonight, Yusuf Terry was out there playing as a freshman, redshirting. He's going to be something else. We have good players. Will have good players for years to come. It's about getting the right good players, guys that want the grind, want to work. We have those kind of kids.

This has nothing to do with the coaching staff to me. This has to do with our players, the players that have decided to come, their parents and families. A lot of parents and families either kept their kids here or made a decision to come here when there was a lot of noise, a lot of chatter.

I think that to me is the story, all the little stories. Guys who walked on, who paid to be on the football team, paid to go to school, contribute. A lot of great stories like that. Proud to be a part of those guys.

MATT RHULE: He's something special. The best thing is he's always working on what he's not good at to get better. Know what I'm saying? Not someone that just looks at his stats.

There's something about recruiting guys who played point guard, played basketball, played offense. Some of the things we lose nowadays, all the single-sport athletes, one-platoon football.

Coach Paterno used to talk about recruiting baseball players, guys that could track the ball. That's what Grayland was. People still talk about him playing basketball.

He has such a great feel for adjusting to the balls. Really the biggest thing is he wanted to redshirt last year. It was him making a decision to move from corner into safety, that not a lot of guys will do. He's not 6'2". We thought he could be a difference maker inside. He was banged up there for a while. Look at the turnovers he's created. Those aren't gimmes. He's making big- time plays down the field, catching the ball. That was critical tonight.

so we could use Shaka to help us find good PG football players?

On 11/25/2019 at 9:54 AM, LTtxfan said:

Rhule's Paterno connections gross me out, but there's got to be a solid coach out there that doesn't have rape/murder/molestation in their closet.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

what are his connections other than having played there?

Rode for JoePa all through the scandal, continued to go back to events and talk about how much of a mentor he was through the peak of the scandal.

Just a total blindspot. He's toned it down now that he works outside of PA but that kind of thing really skeeves me out.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-recruiting-the-quarterbacks-to-know-ahead-of-the-2019-early-signing-period/

College football recruiting: The quarterbacks to know ahead of the 2019 early signing period

This year's class has some generational talents and program elevators ready to break out

by Barton Simmons   @bartonsimmons

Nov 27, 2019 at 1:08 pm ET • 

247Sports

As we survey the teams circling the College Football Playoff, it's clear the importance of landing the blue-chip quarterback in today's modern, offense-friendly football. Ohio State has Justin Fields, LSU has Joe Burrow, Clemson has Trevor Lawrence, Georgia has Jake Fromm, Oklahoma has Jalen Hurts and Alabama has been elevated by Tua Tagovailoa and will now be tested without him. Even run-heavy Utah is finally knocking on the playoff door thanks to the No. 5 quarterback in the country in efficiency, Tyler Huntley.

On Dec. 18, the early signing period in college football hits and the quarterback future of some of the top teams in college football will be set in motion for better or worse. In our continued lead-up to the consequential early signing period, here is a look at what you need to know about the quarterback landscape in the class of 2020.

The generational talents

D.J. Uiagalelei (Five star, committed to Clemson): The No. 1 pro-style quarterback in the country according to the 247Sports Composite rankings, Uiagalelei will come to Clemson, sit as a true freshman behind Trevor Lawrence and then continue Dabo Swinney's remarkable streak of first-round talent under center. In terms of physical tools, Uiagalelei is former No. 1 pick Jamarcus Russell. He's massive, athletic and has an 80-yard arm. He's thrown for nearly 10,000 yards in his three years as a starter at national power St. John Bosco in southern California. He's the type of player that can elevate a team to national title contender. In the case of Clemson, he'll simply sustain what Lawrence and Deshaun Watson have already established. 

Bryce Young (Five star, committed to Alabama): The No. 1 dual-threat quarterback in the country according to the 247Sports Composite rankings, I don't expect Young to sit as a true freshman. He's better than Mac Jones ans Taulia Tagovailoa. He's a right-handed Tua. With nearly 13,000 career passing yards, Young has spent much of his high school career battling against Uiagalelei at national power Mater Dei. Unlike his 6-foot-5, 250-pound counterpart, Young isn't quite six feet tall and fits more in the Russell Wilson mold. He has remarkable instincts and feel and all kinds of horsepower from an arm talent standpoint. The one-time USC commit will enroll early and compete for the starting job right away. Young and Uiagalelei regularly compete against each other for state titles in high school. The two are likely to meet again for a national title.

Uncommitted priorities

CJ Stroud (Four star, considering Ohio State, Georgia, more): As a junior, Stroud flashed but didn't have the sustained dominance of some of the other elite quarterback prospects in the 2020 class. However, the skillset was there and he matured in front of our eyes at the Elite 11 Finals where he won the MVP. Now the wiry, big-armed, mobile passer is in the midst of a huge step forward as a senior. He completed 60% of his passes for 2,300 yards and 19 touchdowns a year ago. As a senior, Stroud has over 3,500 yards on 67% completions and 46 touchdowns. Consequently, he went from a sleeper to blue chipper. Stroud took an official visit to Georgia recently and has Ohio State, Oregon and Michigan trips ahead of him.

Malik Hornsby (Four star, considering Baylor, Texas A&M, more): A one-time North Carolina commit, Hornsby is a special athlete with a personal best of 10.7 seconds in the 100 meters. He's not a polished passer with just over 3000 yards through the air in the last two seasons combined, but he's thrown for 46 touchdowns and only two interceptions in those two years. He has also added over 1,000 yards rushing as a senior. Baylor has emerged as the leading contender for his commitment.

Chandler Morris (Four star, considering Oklahoma, Arkansas, more): The son of former Arkansas coach Chad Morris, Chandler was committed to finally give his father a quarterback in Fayetteville before Arkansas' disappointing 2019 season spoiled the reunion. Now Morris looks likely to join Lincoln Riley in Norman instead. Morris is undersized without an NFL arm, but he is one of the most productive and effective quarterbacks in the country. He had more than 3,700 yards passing and 62 combined touchdowns on the ground and through the air as a junior.

Program elevators 

Evan Prater (Four star, committed to Cincinnati): Get ready for Cincinnati to become the next Group of Five powerhouse. Luke Fickell has already shown that he can put together a really strong defensive football team, but Prater is going to add the offensive juice that will make the Bearcats a bear out of the AAC. He's lost one game in three years and over that period and has accounted for 126 total touchdowns. As a local kid with a brother already on the roster, Prater is firm in his Cincinnati commitment and he's the type of athlete that can elevate and already ascending program.

Anthony Richardson (Four star, committed to Florida): Credit Dan Mullen for fitting his offense to the talent of his quarterbacks, but Richardson possesses the skillset that Mullen seems to be most comfortable utilizing. He's huge and rugged at 6-4, 225 pounds. He's athletic with a 4.6 40-yard dash and a slew of rushing yards to his credit. Before injury as a senior, Richardson had bumped his completion percentage up from 48% as a junior to 64%. He's got all the size and athleticism that Mullen loves, but the development that has Mullen so highly regarded as a developer is already well underway.    

Chubba Purdy (Four star, committed to Louisville): There is real transformation taking place at Louisville in Year 1 under Scott Satterfield, but quarterback recruiting and development ultimately defines a program's ability to level up. In Purdy, Louisville could be getting that level up talent. He's the younger brother of Iowa State star Brock Purdy and he's big, strong and athletic with the ability to be a factor in Satterfield's offense that leans on the quarterback run. He's also shown tremendous productivity as a thrower with consecutive seasons of more than 3,000 yards passing. Louisville won a national recruiting battle to land him and he looks poised to win Satterfield some nationally relevant games.