Non-Texas recruiting: 2020

Fud

43 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Truth be told, they would rather have Tom and his merry men at the helm..luckily for us CDC is a much better AD than Swann was.. Bohn is in a tough pickle

That's a pretty low bar if they would rather have Tom. Oof. Maybe he turns it around, I dunno, but reality seems pretty low. I guess if Harrell can get USC to 9 wins with a frosh 3rd string backup, there's no reason we shouldn't be able to match that with a senior qb. All assuming we even land Harrell to begin with. But our conference is far different than theirs week in and week out. 

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 11:28 PM, Tree Fidy said:

Heard Lindberg is going to flip from GA to LSU. Don’t shoot the messenger, could be BS.

I think LSU is looking at all of Georgia's OL commits, not sure how much of priority Lindberg is in that group. Also, LSU is going to land Crawford. Space is tight for them, although they're losing a safety commit to Clemson who they'd prefer to keep. 

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Maybe I read too many Looch writeups when aggy were in for him

I think he’s a solid low-end 4 star type but not as good as his current composite ranking.
He’s still be a huge get for A&M at DB if he goes back there. Hopefully the aggy staff burned some bridges on his way out.

FWIW, 

- 247's profile page doesn't show any LSU visits (official or unofficial) for Bijan Robinson.

- Kendall Milton (Georgia commit) did an official at LSU.

(Don - yeah, I remembered some comments from Milton during his recruitment, so I was looking at that guy too ... )

- Ol' Tank Bigsby (Auburn commit, 5-star) - he solid ... ?  Just wondering.

14 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Ol' Tank Bigsby (Auburn commit, 5-star) - he solid ... ?  Just wondering.

He has seemed pretty locked in, would be surprised if they flipped him. Bijan did not take an official to LSU that has been reported, and he would not be a culture fit at all. If they are after him, that DGF nugget will certainly become an earworm for him. My guesses would be Milton and Ashaad Clayton in their own backyard.

2 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

He has seemed pretty locked in, would be surprised if they flipped him. Bijan did not take an official to LSU that has been reported, and he would not be a culture fit at all. If they are after him, that DGF nugget will certainly become an earworm for him. My guesses would be Milton and Ashaad Clayton in their own backyard.

Both Tigerdroppings and Bama’s sec rant board have said Gibbs is a target for both schools. Milton is likely the other one.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Both Tigerdroppings and Bama’s sec rant board have said Gibbs is a target for both schools. Milton is likely the other one.

Milton, McClellan, Gibbs, and Lee. 

Bijan has never even visited BR. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2866585-early-national-signing-day-2019-dates-announcement-schedules-and-latest-rumors

Early National Signing Day 2019: Dates, Announcement Schedules and Latest Rumors

TIMOTHY RAPP       DECEMBER 12, 2019

Gail Burton/Associated Press

The early signing period in college football for the Class of 2020 will take place between Dec. 18-20, and with more and more recruits choosing to sign their letters of intent early every year, it's fast becoming a busier period than National Signing Day (Feb. 5, 2020) itself.  Below, we'll take a look at the scheduled announcements and some of the rumors with the early national signing period just a week away.                    

Notable Expected Announcements Before National Signing Day

• 5-star linebacker Justin Flowe: Dec. 18
  • 4-star linebacker Trenton Simpson: Dec. 18
  • 5-star defensive end Jordan Burch: Dec. 19
  • 5-star athlete Darnell Washington: Jan. 2 at the Under Armour Game
  • 5-star running back Zachary Evans: Jan. 2 at the Under Armour Game
  • 4-star cornerback Dontae Manning: Jan. 2 at the Under Armour Game
  • 5-star cornerback Kelee Ringo: Jan. 4 at the All-American Bowl
  • 4-star wideout Xzavier Henderson: Jan. 4 at the All-American Bowl 

Rumors

According to Andrew Nemac of The Oregonian, Justin Flowe "appears to be a Clemson lean" but "Oregon has made up ground and has a shot, especially with the sales pitch that he can play alongside Kayvon Thibodeaux, Noah Sewell and, later, Keith Brown."  Steve Wiltfong of 247Sports.com added that the Ducks "may be making a move on Clemson" in an effort to poach Flowe.  Flowe would instantly add a level of physicality and sideline-to-sideline prowling to Oregon's defense if he chose the Ducks, though at Clemson he could alleviate the loss of versatile linebacker Isaiah Simmons, who is expected to be a first-round pick in the 2020 NFL draft. 

As for Jordan Burch, Wiltfong noted that "Buzz appears to be picking up in favor of LSU for Burch as they battle South Carolina, Clemson, Alabama and Georgia."   Clemson is in the running for Burch, though, and if it landed him and Flowe, it would have put together an absolutely stellar class. Burch projects as an excellent three-down defensive end capable of becoming both a top-tier pass-rusher and sturdy run defender. 

The Tigers are also chasing wide receiver Xzavier Henderson, among others. Clemson currently sits at No. 2 in 247Sports.com's composite rankings for the Class of 2020. 

LSU, meanwhile, is nipping on its heels at No. 3. The difference in the rankings could be decided in the coming weeks.

As for Zachary Evans, both Sam Spiegleman and Mike Farrell of Rivals.com expect him to choose LSU. Spiegleman said on Dec. 10:  "LSU has a sizeable lead, but with Evans, things are fluid constantly. Looking back, it was Texas and then it was Georgia and then it was Alabama and now it feels like LSU. He hasn't taken any official visits since the LSU visit for the Auburn game in October. It has been the favorite ever since. That's not to rule out Texas A&M and that's really the only team really left in the mix."

Evans is going to make somebody's offense better. The exciting running back flashes elite athletic ability and is a highlight reel waiting to happen. In LSU's new-look, high-octane offense, he could be an immediate big-play threat the moment he arrives in Baton Rouge.  Assuming he chooses LSU, that is. At this time of year, you just never know.

Edited by LTtxfan

On 12/6/2019 at 7:52 AM, Thiefery said:

damn it.. we are about to miss out on Harrell who obviously does..Real.Recruiting.

Seems to be working out well.  SC currently has the #12 rated recruiting class... IN THE PAC12 (and #78 overall)..

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/?Conference=Pac-12

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/TeamRankings/

#25 is not where we want to be, but a month ago we were in the shitter (in the 40s-50s), so we are moving in the right direction.

Edited by Sbbruin

Bijan specifically mentioned LSU as another option so I'm sure they've had contact. He did so while affirming his commitment and the recent indications are all that he's solid. Never say never but I wouldn't worry too much with LSU.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Bijan specifically mentioned LSU as another option so I'm sure they've had contact. He did so while affirming his commitment and the recent indications are all that he's solid. Never say never but I wouldn't worry too much with LSU.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

They supposedly have two committed out of state RBs ready to flip if Evans doesn’t send his LOI in by the time he’s supposed to. I think one is Keyvone Lee, and I’d guess the other is Gibbs for Ga Tech. I don’t think Bijan is involved. 

46 minutes ago, Fud said:

Anyone have this, for those of us interested in national recruiting?

247 / Wiltfong / Buzz on big recruiting weekend leading into Early Signing Period

Spoiler

We are less than a week out from the three-day Early Signing Period beginning on Dec. 18 and this weekend is the last weekend college programs can host prospects on campus.

247Sports takes a look at the biggest official visits happening across the land as Alabama, Clemson and LSU battle for the No. 1 class in the land with Ohio State, Georgia, Texas A&M, Florida, Georgia, Texas and Oklahoma all fighting to finish in the top five.

Flowe checking out USC

It wasn’t long ago this was a recruiting battle USC would win. In 2018 Clay Helton and the Trojans landed five of the top six in the state headlined by receiver Amon-Ra St. Brown and quarterback JT Daniels. However last year Helton and his staff secured just two of the Top10 in the state (receiver Kyle Ford and defensive end Drake Jackson) and in this 2020 cycle they don’t have any in the fold. Mystery around Helton’s job status and lack of consistency on the field has obviously crushed the local program on the trail. However for Flowe, they have maintained darkhorse status as they head into this weekend trying to make a move on Clemson and Oregon with Miami also in the top four. The Tigers have been considered the favorite since the summer but a recent official to see the Ducks seemed to move the needle. Helton is secure as USC’s coach for next fall and they’ll push for Flowe to be the program’s next great linebacker. The 247Sports Composite tabs the ferocious, hard-hitting Flowe as the No. 4 prospect in America and No. 1 inside linebacker in the land.

If Clemson doesn’t get Flowe, or feels like it's fading

Keep an eye on five-star Trenton Simpson and the Tigers. Oregon head coach Mario Cristobal is going in-home with Flowe on Friday prior to that official to USC. I like the way that’s trending for the Ducks right now. That doesn't mean I'm ruling out Clemson. Flowe loves the staff and how they treat the players, sees the tremendous recruiting class and he has family high on the Tigers too. But Oregon is way in this. Meanwhile I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Charlotte (NC) Mallard Creek blue-chipper in Simpson on Clemson’s campus this weekend depending on how things develop late with Flowe. North Carolina is the heavy 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite for Simpson going into his announcement on Wednesday but the Tigers are a threat if they’re pushing down the stretch.

Update: Simpson is on Clemson's campus for an official visit, and perhaps there is room for both he and Flowe depending on what happens with Burch.

Buzz on where Jordan Burch visits

Speaking of Jordan Burch.

Having already taken visits to LSU and Alabama, the five-star defensive end from Columbia (SC) Hammond School has those two programs in his final five alongside Clemson, Georgia and South Carolina. One source says the Gamecocks are expected to host him. Perhaps Kirby Smart and company changed that during Thursday night's in-home. Burch will announce his college decision on Dec. 19 with buzz around this recruitment favoring the Tigers of the ACC, Tigers of the SEC and Gamecocks at different times. He is the No. 5 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite and No. 2 strong-side defensive end and would obviously be a massive coup for Will Muschamp and company. While the buzz has seemed to favor LSU and South Carolina down the stretch, a source continues to tell me Burch is high on Clemson.

Update, looks like the in-home with Smart sees him visiting Georgia this weekend per Clemson247's Anna Hickey.

Georgia bringing back five-star cornerback Kelee Ringo

The No. 1 cornerback in America and No. 8 prospect overall is slated to head back to Georgia, a program he’s frequented throughout the process and one that has led on the 247Sports Crystal Ball since the spring. Oregon is making it interesting down the stretch. The Ducks hosted him in October and Mario Cristobal and several staff members went in-home on Thursday as they try and convince Ringo to stay West and play in the Pac 12. Ringo at one point planed on announcing his college decision on Jan. 4 at the All-American Bowl, but 247Sports National Analyst Blair Angulo says the blue-chipper could take more visits next month if his mind isn’t made up.

Tennessee gets the last crack at five-star tight end Darnell Washington

The Las Vegas (Nev.) Desert Pines standout heads back to Knoxville this weekend, a place he’s been numerous times including earlier this fall. I view the Vols as the sleeper in this recruitment but believe that Georgia comes into the weekend with a significant lead. Alabama and Miami have been near the top for Washington much of the cycle as well with Florida being the fifth school that got an official visit. The 6-foot-7 1/2, 260-pound Washington is the No. 1 athlete and No. 10 prospect overall in the 247Sports Composite.

A&M working to keep Donell Harris in the fold

It’s a big weekend on Texas A&M’s campus with Miami (Fla.) Gulliver Prep Top247 defensive end Donell Harris headlining the list of visitors. He has been committed to Jimbo Fisher and the Aggies since Nov. 11 but an official visit to Florida this past weekend has tightened this recruitment up if not given the Gators the momentum. Ranked as the No. 3 weak-side defensive end and No. 51 prospect overall, Harris will announce his final decision this coming Wednesday.

Clemson bringing in a top receiver target
(Photo: 247Sports)

No program has recruited Miami (Fla.) Columbus Top247 receiver Xzavier Henderson harder than Clemson, who has coveted the Sunshine State standout as long as any prospect in this 2020 cycle. And the defending National Champs were considered the one to beat early in the process, but Alabama and Florida have impressed and Georgia got an official too. There seems to be a buzz around the Gators here for Henderson’s whose older brother CJ put the finishing touches on his All-American career in Gainesville this season. But Clemson has had a recent knack for pulling these tight, high-profile recruiting battles out and they hope to do it again with Henderson, who is the No. 10 receiver in the country and No. 59 prospect overall.

Baylor has a big weekend including a Top247 DE
(Photo: 247Sports)

Highlighting the official visit weekend in Waco is Bastrop (Texas) Cedar Creek defensive end Alfred Collins, who attended the last two home games of the season in Waco and now returns for his official. One source close to the recruitment likes Matt Rhule and company’s chances as they battle Oklahoma and Texas. Collins doesn’t plan on announcing till February but this is his last official so we’ll see. He is the No. 3 strong-side defensive end and No. 71 prospect in the country.

Ohio State is all in on Top247 quarterback CJ Stroud

Rancho Cucamonga (Calif.) High four-star quarterback CJ Stroud returns to Columbus after taking an unofficial during the fall. The Buckeyes are the only program that will get two visits since the start of the season and have been trending on the 247Sports Crystal Ball. A recent official to Georgia made an impression as did one to Michigan, but this one looks like Ohio State’s to lose coming into the trip.

A look at some other significant visits happening

Georgia is bringing in a big crop of visitors alongside Ringo, which includes Top247 receiver Arian Smith and Top247 cornerback Dontae Manning. I like the Bulldogs for Smith and think coming in Manning is leaning towards the Ducks. We’ll see if Kirby Smart and company can change that. Two other Top247 DBs in Athens include Major Burns and Eric Reed…A big weekend at Florida includes in-state Top247 defensive tackle Timothy Smith, an Alabama commit who has shown the Gators a lot of interest this fall. …The first big recruiting weekend at Ole Miss for Lane Kiffin and his staff includes Texas A&M offensive line commit Chris Morris and tight end Jeremiah Pegues. Auburn and Alabama have been trending for Pegues who is from Oxford. Four-star defensive tackle Josaih Hayes will also be there Saturday and I like the way that’s trending for Kiffin and company…Top247 defensive end Jason Harris visits UCLA this weekend. Colorado has been trending and Indiana made an impression over the weekend but 247Sports Blair Angulo has been keeping an eye on the Bruins here. Top247 running back Jalen Berger is expected in Westwood as well, but 247Sports Brian Dohn is hearing he won’t sign till February and Rutgers is considered the favorite right now. …A massive recruiting weekend for new coach Mike Norvell and his staff at Florida State includes Top247 receiver Bryan Robinson. ...Top247 defensive lineman Tyler Baron has visited local Tennessee countless times and returns for his official this weekend. The Vols are the 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite going into his announcement on Wednesday. …Top247 defensive end Van Fillinger is the big name for a big weekend at Utah and the Utes are trending for him on the 247Sports Crystal Ball. ...Nebraska will take a swing at Top247 linebacker Keyshawn Greene, a former Florida State commit who probably ends up at Miami as things stand now.

• Like 1