Non-Texas recruiting: 2020

Fud

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Weird, I missed the part about a certain church funneling money to players. Probably my mistake, I will rewatch 

I was looking for that as well--seemed absent from the feel good story about what a great program they've built on playing for beloved coaches and their program.

36 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Saban started talking like a truly old coach this past season in my opinion. I know they had a lot of injuries and went through a lot, but he just seemed especially exhausted.

If you were losing sleep over Cuckbo and the sleeping giant Aggies, you would be exhausted too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Awful

Ocoee High football player and Louisville signee Dexter Rentz Jr. died after being shot late Saturday night, Orlando police confirmed Sunday.

Louisville football coach Scott Satterfield issued a statement that read: “We are deeply saddened to hear about the passing of Dexter Rentz. He was a great young man who had a contagious personality, and was able to light up a room with his smile. He was a great kid to be around and he will be missed. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Rentz family during this extremely difficult time.”

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/highschool/football/os-sp-hs-dexter-rentz-20200426-cesqrgufajfq5ni7npvezqxxru-story.html

https://247sports.com/player/dexter-rentz-jr-46058594/

Edited by texifornia

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

Seems like there’s one of these every year anymore. Crazy to think how many kids this happens to that we don’t hear about because they’re not football stars. RIP

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, texifornia said:

They have a wide open depth chart, he's starting day one as long as he literally does the minimum necessary not to get booted.

Yeah, I was just looking at this, too. Everyone is a FR or RS-FR. He'll start day 1. He would have never made it somewhere where he had to wait his turn and he won't have to at TCU. 

Maurice Clarett got to 14 games at tOSU. Give me the under because of TCU's lack of postseason opportunity, but they'll unfold in exactly the same way. 

• Like 1

He would have been an aggy, but they didn't have room. 

Spoiler

Liucci

11:03p, 5/10/20 

Staff

AG

He mentioned it this weekend in Demas' Instagram live per several folks. Here's the thing: If the Ags has an available spot, yeah, my prediction would absolutely be that he'd end up an Aggie. The only way that would have happened would have been if someone didn't qualify from the 2021 class, thus leaving the Ags one spot under their 'initial counter' limit. That's not going to happen. And not that the Ags wanted to see any of their signees not qualify, but any guys who were on the borderline at any program got a big assist in terms of everythnig that happened in terms of school getting cut short etc. 

Yeah, the rumor making the rounds (including on message boards...imagine that) is TCU as a landing spot has some real treaty to it. 

7 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Hide contents

Liucci

Staff

AG

He mentioned it this weekend in Demas' Instagram live per several folks. Here's the thing: If the Ags has an available spot, yeah, my prediction would absolutely be that he'd end up an Aggie. The only way that would have happened would have been if someone didn't qualify from the 2021 class, thus leaving the Ags one spot under their 'initial counter' limit. That's not going to happen. And not that the Ags wanted to see any of their signees not qualify, but any guys who were on the borderline at any program got a big assist in terms of everythnig that happened in terms of school getting cut short etc. 

Yeah, the rumor making the rounds (including on message boards...imagine that) is TCU as a landing spot has some real treaty to it. 

So they didn't lose his recruitment, they ran out of spots?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Thiefery said:

So they didn't lose his recruitment, they ran out of spots?

Well, yeah, said it right there in Luigi’s article. Who in their right mind would pick TCU over the premier in-state SEC west program. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SameSame said:

Unfortunately I think that’s a good fit.  He’ll either get with Gares program or he’ll be gone quickly.

And if he gets with it, he should be real good.

Gone quickly? History will tell you that Gary will only get rid of this talent once he is out of eligibility or the feds/rangers come in to make an arrest. TCU, like Baylor and SMU is just a good'ol christian school...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Hide contents

Liucci

Staff

AG

Yeah. Definitely made a good move taking Crownover and Jefferson or whatever that 2 star POS bread was with the iron will to not get trapdoor'd over Evans, particularly when you dont care about/have a trash locker room culture anyway. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah. Definitely made a good move taking Crownover and Jefferson or whatever that 2 star POS bread was with the iron will to not get trapdoor'd over Evans, particularly when you dont care about/have a trash locker room culture anyway. 

This is how you know that Evans was NEVER going to aggy. Ever. Fisher DGAF about the culture in the locker room and they had fucking 6'5" backup QB Connor Blumrick on the 2 deep. at RB for their spring. They'd have taken Evans and forced one of those fucksticks (Jefferson or whatever) to greyshirt if Evans wanted in. He's going to TCU because no other regional P5 school will have him. I think he'd have ended up at Houston before aggy. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Well he's enrolled, so no one's recruiting him. Probably ran out of teams willing to put up with his shit.

ah I didn't see that. been multitasking this morning. the post I saw said he was "committed" and not enrolled. 

Edited by The Dog