Non-Texas recruiting: 2020

Fud

12 hours ago, texifornia said:

Meanwhile in Fayetteville

That shit is fucking hilarious. I have a BIL that is a shit talking razorback and a BIL that is a perfect aggie. Today has been fun on the text strings. God, as bad as it has been as a Texas fan, the futility at Arkansas is so much worse and so prolonged. It’s glorious. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

That shit is fucking hilarious. I have a BIL that is a shit talking razorback and a BIL that is a perfect aggie. Today has been fun on the text strings. God, as bad as it has been as a Texas fan, the futility at Arkansas is so much worse and so prolonged. It’s glorious. 

Starkelmotion is MAD y'all

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Starkelmotion is MAD y'all

alright... there's a lot of layers of social media going on here. Correct me if I'm wrong:

Someone tweeted an image of Bieber making an Instagram post saying he's upset, which is in reference to Starkel tweeting that he was getting rid of his Bieber undershirt? Maybe?

1 minute ago, TommyGufano said:

alright... there's a lot of layers of social media going on here. Correct me if I'm wrong:

Someone tweeted an image of Bieber making an Instagram post saying he's upset, which is in reference to Starkel tweeting that he was getting rid of his Bieber undershirt? Maybe?

Correct. After all his weird Bieber fandom, the only time he got his idol to notice him was out of disappointment. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, thepop said:

I would have preferred he stay at SC. Young might be Bama's QB when they roll into tow.

Which reminds me of Coach going off on how ridiculous it is for us to play teams like them when we play 9 conference games on his radio show last Thursday. I agree with everything he said. It's fun for us to attend those games but it's dumb for us to do so when not mandated. 

45 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Which reminds me of Coach going off on how ridiculous it is for us to play teams like them when we play 9 conference games on his radio show last Thursday. I agree with everything he said. It's fun for us to attend those games but it's dumb for us to do so when not mandated. 

The Big 12 mandates that everyone plays one P5 game a year.  We could play lesser teams like Cal or Maryland if you’d rather...

7 hours ago, Goodman said:

In a purely rational world, sure. But we all didn't become college football fans to watch games against, say, Virginia.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

In a purely rational world, sure. But we all didn't become college football fans to watch games against, say, Virginia.

This ^^^

I get in arguments all the time with fans who only want hardware/titles and are willing to schedule absolute shit games.   Motherfucker we only get so many games a year, I want an epic clash not a cupcake.  You don't end up even remembering the team you hung 60 on.. it's boring and frankly just padding to enrich coaches/business.  As a fan, it's infuriating!

I'm soooooo psyched for *checks schedule* Towson ?  

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, texifornia said:

2 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

I'm all in.

College football is about classic matchups,  not a baylor type OOC schedule.  

Correct. Herman can fuck right off with wanting to water down the schedule. Set a higher standard and continue to point out the utter hypocrisy. Don’t cry in public that the meanies aren’t playing fair. 

On 9/23/2019 at 6:50 AM, texifornia said:

On 9/23/2019 at 6:57 AM, Loco said:

This ^^^

I get in arguments all the time with fans who only want hardware/titles and are willing to schedule absolute shit games.   Motherfucker we only get so many games a year, I want an epic clash not a cupcake.  You don't end up even remembering the team you hung 60 on.. it's boring and frankly just padding to enrich coaches/business.  As a fan, it's infuriating!

I'm soooooo psyched for *checks schedule* Towson ?  

On 9/23/2019 at 7:12 AM, closetojumping said:

Correct. Herman can fuck right off with wanting to water down the schedule. Set a higher standard and continue to point out the utter hypocrisy. Don’t cry in public that the meanies aren’t playing fair. 

I strongly believe that going into the Shoe (at night) in 05 was a huge reason Texas won it all that year. That game gave the team confidence they could beat anyone anywhere anytime. And if you lose those early games against great teams, then it's not your year anyway. 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2019 at 11:43 PM, Goodman said:

This disappoints me in Herman. I was unaware of it. Coaches need wins to keep their jobs. Programs need big wins to remain elite.

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

This disappoints me in Herman. I was unaware of it. Coaches need wins to keep their jobs. Programs need big wins to remain elite.

Has anyone else heard that radio interview?  I've seen Herman talk about other teams having an advantage playing only 8 conference games - but i don't think I ever heard Herman talk about playing an 'easier' schedule.  He's usually praised Del Conte for scheduling these big OOC games.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Has anyone else heard that radio interview?  I've seen Herman talk about other teams having an advantage playing only 8 conference games - but i don't think I ever heard Herman talk about playing an 'easier' schedule.  He's usually praised Del Conte for scheduling these big OOC games.

Think it was in the early part of last week's Longhorn Weekly on LHN after the Rice game...

Edited by LTtxfan

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I heard it on XM 375 two days ago. Whether you put stock into it or not, he legitimately spoke about watering down the schedule and talking to Bowlsby about it. Now, was he just making a point about the SEC and ACC scheduling bullshit? I hope so, but it wasn’t exactly obvious. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Now, was he just making a point about the SEC and ACC scheduling bullshit? I hope so, but it wasn’t exactly obvious. 

That would be my assumption. Just like when he praises certain players during the spring and everyone scratches their heads. Mensa, man. 

On 9/24/2019 at 11:53 AM, fellside said:

http://www.hudl.com/v/2BqMLa

Low 3 star guy from FW committed to Missouri.  First four game highlight looks like a full senior season highlight reel.  Reminds me a bit of Chris Warren but with a better juke move.

Glad he's going out of conference. He looks like the kind of guy Patterson would turn into a total monster at linebacker (or RB). 

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

<not a recruiting buff>

Is there a public, free database out there that shows recruiting rankings of specific individuals who might not be "blue chip"?

How not blue chip are you talking? 247's player database covers pretty much every decent recruitable player, even FCS level kids (though not at the same level of coverage as, say, Bijan obviously)

Edited by texifornia

I'd say lower-D1 (Texas State, etc.) down through D3.  I would expect coverage to be spottier the lesser the talent (meaning I'm sure plenty of kids never get covered but still play college ball at some level).

My son is a sophomore (soccer/track) who is pretty tight with several guys at his HS on the football team and he was asking if any of them were good enough to play college ball.  I'm nowhere near capable of watching a game and saying "yeah, that guy has what it takes".

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'd say lower-D1 (Texas State, etc.) down through D3.  I would expect coverage to be spottier the lesser the talent (meaning I'm sure plenty of kids never get covered but still play college ball at some level).

My son is a sophomore (soccer/track) who is pretty tight with several guys at his HS on the football team and he was asking if any of them were good enough to play college ball.  I'm nowhere near capable of watching a game and saying "yeah, that guy has what it takes".

Try googling their name followed by 247 or rivals 

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

I've done that for one kid, and got nothing.  He's 6A all-district, too.  (I'd rather not get into names for a couple of reasons.)

Not a big deal, just trying to see what kind of upside some guys might have.

In that case they might still be D2 or D3 good, but at that point you'd just have to ask them what their offers are.