Non-Texas recruiting: 2020

Fud

1 hour ago, angelos's frog said:

Yeah, more or less.  It wasn't certain but Holiday seemed very likely to flip over the past week and apparently Gray has an uncle who is best friends with Samples at SMU.  The uncle connection and plus the fact that SMU puts up big numbers on offense and their top 2 WR's are graduating while our offense was stuck in the mud most of last season makes the flip to SMU not that surprising.  The kid has two years to prove himself, why not go somewhere where he can be the man and has a good veteran QB to throw him the ball.  Gray apparently still has to graduate in May to qualify though. 

On the bright side, TCU signed two top 75 players for the first time in history and probably has by far the best O-line class they've signed since I've been following recruiting.  We also got two stud 4* DTs in Patrick Jenkins and Jaquaze Sorrells.  Sorrells signed with S. Carolina last year but didn't qualify.  He apparently is now qualified and can show up in January.  Between those two guys, we got the #253 player (#25 DT) from the 2020 class and the #157 (#14 DT) from the 2019 class.  Makes up a little for the 4* freshman from Ohio who got homesick this fall and went back to Ohio mid-semester.

At least you fuckers stole QJ from us. Bastards. Lol

1 minute ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

lol...our WR room is fucking stacked for the next few years.

and fuck, son...have you seen our OL, DL, LB and DB haul?  

Boutte is not impressive, I've coached against him 3 years in a row and I wasn’t impressed at all. He’s overrated 

Just now, Hornsfan91 said:

Boutte is not impressive, I've coached against him 3 years in a row and I wasn’t impressed at all. He’s overrated 

fill us in on Chase, Marshall, Lee, Moss and Palmer, all of whom already where the colors.  add to that Koy Moore and Arik Gilbert.

we're perfectly fine on the perimeter.

24 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Pretty sure Burton is from Georgia and moved recently, either way, I don't understand why a kid with his potential would choose to play in Smart's offense... 

Yeah, I think I read on 247 he is from Georgia. He also went to IMG academy for like 2 weeks before changing his mind at the start of this semester. 

1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Pretty sure Burton is from Georgia and moved recently, either way, I don't understand why a kid with his potential would choose to play in Smart's offense... 

Smart is a great recruiter.

And UGA really needs some receivers who can get free and catch the ball.  They've got a lot of John Burt types.

One weird note in Baylor's annus mirabilis - their recruiting class is kinda shitty
https://247sports.com/college/baylor/Season/2020-Football/Commits/
Their class is the worst in the conference and 4 of their commits didn't even sign

In my opinion, you can’t really evaluate the programs that sign mostly 3 stars against each other. There is way too much variability in the performance of 3 stars.
  • Like 1

Saw this and thought it was interesting....following the early signing day, the top of each conference really seems to be pulling away from the rest...

Using the 247 team recruiting points, Clemson is 60 points better than second place Miami. Ohio State is 45 points better than 2nd/3rd place Michigan and PedoState. Texas and Oklahoma are 50 points better than 3rd place TCU. The secsecsec is closer, but won't be when Georgia and LSU fill out their classes. The Pac 12 really seems to be struggling to keep up. The top of that conference is going to be pretty far behind the top of the other conferences. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Saw this and thought it was interesting....following the early signing day, the top of each conference really seems to be pulling away from the rest...

Using the 247 team recruiting points, Clemson is 60 points better than second place Miami. Ohio State is 45 points better than 2nd/3rd place Michigan and PedoState. Texas and Oklahoma are 50 points better than 3rd place TCU. The secsecsec is closer, but won't be when Georgia and LSU fill out their classes. The Pac 12 really seems to be struggling to keep up. The top of that conference is going to be pretty far behind the top of the other conferences. 

The Pac conference really is struggling i.e USC is really struggling.  We have been struggling as well, hopefully the talent can overcome some of the coaching we have shown.

40 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Good Lord, y’alls Class is insane. 3 5 star DL and 4 in the top 100. 

I’m surprised Oregon’s class is so low. They landed 2 5 stars but 14 of their 22 commits are 3 stars. I would’ve thought between Cri$tobal and winning 10 games, they’d have a better class.

7 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I’m surprised Oregon’s class is so low. They landed 2 5 stars but 14 of their 22 commits are 3 stars. I would’ve thought between Cri$tobal and winning 10 games, they’d have a better class.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Good Lord, y’alls Class is insane. 3 5 star DL and 4 in the top 100. 

They're hamstrung by their weak in-state recruiting base (they only have one kid from Oregon in that class!) and being far away from LA, which is the Pac's natural recruit center of gravity.

National recruiting, especially to a school that's really far from a big airport and is in a lets call it demographically-challenged town for big time CFB, is tough.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thiefery said:

The Pac conference really is struggling i.e USC is really struggling.  We have been struggling as well, hopefully the talent can overcome some of the coaching we have shown.

Ahead of USC in the composite:

Tulane
La Tech
Appalachian State
Toledo
University of North Texas
Bowling Green
Western Michigan

Bru chose poorly.

2 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Ahead of USC in the composite:Tulane, La Tech, Appalachian State, Toledo, University of North Texas, Bowling Green, Western Michigan

Bru chose poorly.

WOW....  5 OT's, 3 DT's and a Kicker 

USC 2020 Football Commits

National Rank.  #78     Prev. Yr: 20 Next Yr: 10

Pac-12 Rank.  #12        Prev. Yr: 3 Next Yr: 2

Avg. Rating. 0.8630. Prev.Yr: 0.8821 NextYr: 0.9390

Signed Letter of Intent (11)

• Jonah Monheim.  Moorpark (Moorpark, CA)  
    6-5 / 280.   0.8925. 350 13 26    OG
  • Josh Jackson.  Narbonne (Harbor City, CA)   
    6-0.5 / 179.  0.8830. 432 72 39.   WR
  • Tuli Tuipulotu  Lawndale (Lawndale, CA) 
    6-3 / 266.   0.8788. 486 43 42.   DT
  • Jamar Sekona Marin Catholic (Greenbrae, CA)  
    6-2.5 / 303.  0.8784. 491 44 43.   DT
  • Kobe Pepe. St. John Bosco (Bellflower, CA)   
    6-1 / 294.  0.8734. 553 47 49.    DT
  • Courtland Ford.  Cedar Hill (Cedar Hill, TX)  
    6-6 / 305.  0.8662.  689 51 90.  OT
  • Caadyn Stephen.  Camas (Camas, WA)  
    6-5 / 295.  0.8647. 720 54 9.  OT
  • Casey Collier.  Barbers Hill (MONT BELVIEU, TX)  
    6-7 / 300.  0.8465. NA 98 162.  OT
  • Andrew Milek.  Brophy College Preparatory (Phoenix, AZ)  
    6-6 / 295.  0.8464. NA 100 28.    OT
  • Andres Dewerk.   Los Gatos (Los Gatos, CA)  
    6-7 / 297.  0.8452. NA 101 108.    OT
  • Parker Lewis.  Saguaro (Scottsdale, AZ)  
    6-3 / 200.  0.8183.  NA 7 46.   K