Non-Texas recruiting: 2020

Fud

2 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I think he's already signed - but I'm guessing he hasn't qualified yet.  He missed the first half of the title game because he was taking his ACT.

Minor correction: he missed the entirety of the championship game because he wouldn't give up his cellphone. He missed first half of the semifinal to take his ACT.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2019 at 4:14 PM, Huckleberry said:

Ruled a suicide.  Apparently had mental health issues and his family was basically homeless.  Sad.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/deerfield-beach/fl-ne-bryce-gowdy-mental-health-20200101-ryf43wlw25e6too3bdce6lt35i-story.html

2 minutes ago, WBT said:

Ruled a suicide.  Apparently had mental health issues and his family was basically homeless.  Sad.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/deerfield-beach/fl-ne-bryce-gowdy-mental-health-20200101-ryf43wlw25e6too3bdce6lt35i-story.html

Wow that's so awful. I hope his family is able to get some support.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Wow that's so awful. I hope his family is able to get some support.

Go Fund Me to pay for his funeral and to provide permanent housing for his mother and siblings.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/bryce-gowdy-family

Poor kid had their whole entire world on his shoulders.  How's a teenager expected to deal with that?

Below is from the ACT site.  If Evans needed to take the ACT on December 14 to qualify, how is he going to be able to early enroll?  It appears his score may not be available until after the spring semester would have started.

National test dates Multiple-choice scores first posted online
September 14, 2019 September 24 - November 8, 2019
October 26, 2019 November 12 - December 30, 2019

December 14, 2019

December 26, 2019 - February 7, 2020

If Georgia is trying to jettison him for any reason, they would release him from his NLI rather than force him to enroll and transfer. That could all be done on the down low to spare the athlete PR issues I assume, so we might never know if it happened. He could say it was always aggy, or whomever. 

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Go Fund Me to pay for his funeral and to provide permanent housing for his mother and siblings.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/bryce-gowdy-family

Poor kid had their whole entire world on his shoulders.  How's a teenager expected to deal with that?

I agree that it's tough, but it happens a lot more than most people know. Working with HS players, I have had to help a lot of kids/families in crazy situations. No food, no electricity, living in cars, etc.

58 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I can think of a few rea$on$ why Evan$ reached out to team$ and told them he'd be available to $ign. 

So is this numbnuts actually playing tonight? Or is he gonna have some kind of dramatic bail out right before kick?

26 minutes ago, WBT said:

Below is from the ACT site.  If Evans needed to take the ACT on December 14 to qualify, how is he going to be able to early enroll?  It appears his score may not be available until after the spring semester would have started.

Evans isn't concerned with your rules or reality.

5 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

King looks....awkward?

Remember the last series by King, where he completely missed a guy out in the flat? This is why I love aggy mods. 

Spoiler

Ryan Brauninger

5:57p 

Staff

King avoids the sack and makes a good throw that's dropped 

Ryan Brauninger

6:01p 

Staff

Great throw from King to fit it into a tight window. WR just couldn't get a toe down. 

It forces a 55 yard FG. The kick by Stanford bound Josh Karty is wide left

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

King looks really good.  Have to be to take that many hits.  Sure, he might could throw it but then people would question his toughness.  Better to take as many hits as possible to show how SEC worthy he'll be playing behind a shit line at aggy.  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

King looks really good.  Have to be to take that many hits.  Sure, he might could throw it but then people would question his toughness.  Better to take as many hits as possible to show how SEC worthy he'll be playing behind a shit line at aggy.  

Guess taking those shots can be his excuse for the perpetual black eyes, rather than malnutrition or disease. 

17 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

What the fuck did he say? 

“I apologize to my college coaches for the things that are going on and the things that they’re hearing. I’m really a good kid...I made some stupid decisions. I’m ready to come in and get to work...”

Edited by Tex Pete

I'm thankful that Texas was able to lock up Bijan and avoid the Evans shit show. He's been suspended several times for clashing with his coaches, rumor has it he's attempting to swindle money out of programs that he isn't interested in playing for and I wouldn't be shocked if he has some serious academic issues that will prevent him from being eligible to play at the D1 level. All the talent in the world, but is that talent worth the accompanying headache?

On 12/19/2019 at 6:25 PM, LTtxfan said:

Former USC stars jab football program over poor recruiting rankings. 

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/former-usc-football-poor-recruiting-rankings

Former USC coach Lane Kiffin responded to Leinart’s tweet with a crying emoji.

Former USC safety Taylor Mays added that the recruiting rankings were “embarrassing.”

Five-star quarterback recruit D.J. Uiagalelei, who grew up a Trojans fan, offered a telling sign into USC’s recruiting process in an interview with The Show LA earlier this week.  “They just didn’t really recruit me how a lot of other schools was,” Uiagalelei said. “I just ended up not going there and choosing a different school.”

That school was Clemson.

And yet Bru gained 50 lbs McCoy returned 

4 hours ago, Chad said:

I'm thankful that Texas was able to lock up Bijan and avoid the Evans shit show. He's been suspended several times for clashing with his coaches, rumor has it he's attempting to swindle money out of programs that he isn't interested in playing for and I wouldn't be shocked if he has some serious academic issues that will prevent him from being eligible to play at the D1 level. All the talent in the world, but is that talent worth the accompanying headache?

There are a lot of ridiculous but believable stories out there about him, including falling asleep on a recruiting visit to LSU while coaches were talking to him, and almost getting his ass beat by another recruit while visiting Bama. Remember when he was halfway to Austin for a visit when a concern was canceled, and he just turned around?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cafe society said:

I'm shocked BlowU isn't in on this kid, he absolutely shrieks Sooner to me.

McClellan refused to let them recruit him, it was part of his grand screwjob of their RB recruiting. They'd be coming in way late, now, and after all this they're probably just fine with McGowan.

Edited by texifornia