Non-Texas recruiting: 2020

Fud

35 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

They were worked by Carrington last cycle. Even Rhule was RTing Carrington during all the Hookfin nonsense. 

They hired a young guy they think can connect with recruits. He does interact with a lot of recruits and seems to have a general knowledge of the high school landscape. The problem is he's a street agent. 

Yep. Sounds like Rhule wants his own version of BC/Samples and this is the guy that tapped? fucking shit. Is there not some former Baylor player that isn't a failed street agent wannabe that could do the job without embarrassing the school even further? because the longer this goes on the more likely that jkb does something fucking moronic. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

They were worked by Carrington last cycle. Even Rhule was RTing Carrington during all the Hookfin nonsense. 

They hired a young guy they think can connect with recruits. He does interact with a lot of recruits and seems to have a general knowledge of the high school landscape. The problem is he's a street agent. 

JKB becoming Baylor's director of recruiting would be the biggest plot twist in recruiting. Suddenly Hamm's tales of being offered a position at A&M under Sumlin sound a little less far-fetched 😂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, texifornia said:

This might beat Waco's restaurant board for weird chain food sadness

(He's State's ex-Scout writer)

Are there dipping dots and sbarro pizzas that are not in shopping malls (or shopping mall like places - airports, professional sports stadiums)?

The good news is as follows:

1.) While I'm certain this fuckhead is a liar in general, he will either a.) actually believe all his recruits are 5 star players and thus have them chasing shit every cycle; b.) will continue to have Baylor fans perplexed as to why all their 5 star recruits aren't producing 5 star results on the field and thus continue the schadenfreude, or c.) both.

2.) He's a clueless fuckhead so NCAA rulebreaking and infractions will certainly be forthcoming, like tweeting at recruits in wrong classes and telling them in public to pistol whip their girlfriends and/or mothers.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

BOMC

How can they sign this kid and also hire JTB, who was actively pimping him?

This is the first specific example I'm aware of where a school hired a kid's handler to a non-position coach spot since the rule changes.  Gotta think the NCAA will come down hard on this.

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The good news is as follows:

1.) While I'm certain this fuckhead is a liar in general, he will either a.) actually believe all his recruits are 5 star players and thus have them chasing shit every cycle; b.) will continue to have Baylor fans perplexed as to why all their 5 star recruits aren't producing 5 star results on the field and thus continue the schadenfreude, or c.) both.

2.) He's a clueless fuckhead so NCAA rulebreaking and infractions will certainly be forthcoming, like tweeting at recruits in wrong classes and telling them in public to pistol whip their girlfriends and/or mothers.  

3.) Rhule races off to the NFL next season and he is relegated back to being a Twitter fluffer.

1 minute ago, Katfid54 said:

This is the first specific example I'm aware of where a school hired a kid's handler to a non-position coach spot since the rule changes.  Gotta think the NCAA will come down hard on this.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

yeah, but I'm not sure this hurts Texas. 

This dude seems to really value the diamond in the rough types that aren't ranked high. I don't know how much pull he has on Baylor's staff (probably not much) but I hope he's trying to get Baylor to take all these "undervalued" types. 

Edited by texasstrong12

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Also, the first couple minutes of that hudl TJ Franklin looks slow as fuck and about as explosive as as a turtle stuck in a tar pit. 

He went on a big rant on why TJ Franklin was the best dlineman in the state on Twitter. He pissed off Leal at one point. I can't remember what he tweeted about Leal. 

Either way, like I said above I hope he's trying to get Baylor's staff to take these types. 

2 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

I get it.  But the NCAA loves slapping the shit out of POS schools like Baylor while letting the blue bloods do whatever the hell they want.

Still waiting for that NCAA dick slapping of Baylor from their 8 or so year reign of terror raping women all over campus. So I guess we'll see. I'm hoping I'm wrong, though. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

He went on a big rant on why TJ Franklin was the best dlineman in the state on Twitter. He pissed off Leal at one point. I can't remember what he tweeted about Leal. 

Either way, like I said above I hope he's trying to get Baylor's staff to take these types. 

Yeah man, I get it. I said the same thing 10 minutes before you did. So, like really above. 

• Like 1

It's almost like he had a stake in the kid's recruitment with that nonsense. 

It's not like Franklin is some unknown that plays in Dime Box or Muleshoe, FFS. Every D1 coaching staff in the country has been to Temple over the past 4-5 years and probably pretty consistently since ... well fuck, since McQueen was there. He has a 23 inch vertical, he's not a better athlete than even a spare like Ellison at Aggy. He's a good high school football player with size and strength but come the fuck on. I'm all for Baylor signing more jkb specials and him having more influence. Fuck those assholes. 

4 minutes ago, golfclap said:

It's almost like he had a stake in the kid's recruitment with that nonsense. 

It's not like Franklin is some unknown that plays in Dime Box or Muleshoe, FFS. Every D1 coaching staff in the country has been to Temple over the past 4-5 years and probably pretty consistently since ... well fuck, since McQueen was there. He has a 23 inch vertical, he's not a better athlete than even a spare like Ellison at Aggy. He's a good high school football player with size and strength but come the fuck on. I'm all for Baylor signing more jkb specials and him having more influence. Fuck those assholes. 

Franklin's offer list was Baylor, UH, ULL, and UTSA. 

Maybe every major program in the area missed on Franklin but odds are they didn't. 

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

It really is weird. Zero commits in March, and they're hiring some low-grade street agent on the staff.

They actually had a good class last year, so they're not incompetent, and Rhule (Paterno loyalty aside) has a pretty sterling reputation among coaches. It's all strange.

I agree. I think Rhule's a good coach and they are on a good path.  I'm just not sure what that fool brings to the table.  

2 hours ago, rickyspub said:

3.) Rhule races off to the NFL next season and he is relegated back to being a Twitter fluffer.

One of the tricky things about getting an NFL job is that you have to pass a background check. Being a raging alcoholic might be a blocker for a signed deal. Being quietly supportive of the Sandusky and Paterno families and regime at Penn State might also be a problem. So we’ll see, I guess.

The combo of Resting Rhule Face and unbridled liquor swilling has me thinking that that fucker’s breath becomes a problem in the living room. Actually heard that his chronic hallitosis is more of an inhibitor in the face to faces with moms than Derek Warehime unleashing massive grumpies onto unreinforced porcelain.

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

One of the tricky things about getting an NFL job is that you have to pass a background check. Being a raging alcoholic might be a blocker for a signed deal. Being quietly supportive of the Sandusky and Paterno families and regime at Penn State might also be a problem. So we’ll see, I guess.

The combo of Resting Rhule Face and unbridled liquor swilling has me thinking that that fucker’s breath becomes a problem in the living room. Actually heard that his chronic hallitosis is more of an inhibitor in the face to faces with moms than Derek Warehime unleashing massive grumpies onto unreinforced porcelain.

If true, that

a) explains why he looks like that all the time

b) Is kind of a sad waste of talent. Dude's a good coach, and in a narrow sense supposed to be a good mentor to his team.

Him being Team Pedo hasn't even been that quiet, though, so good riddance and all that.

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

But, but, but... Vodka Tom!!!

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Interesting info. There are probably enough backroom Paterno ghost dick suckers in the NFL to make that a positive position in certain circles, but a lush might not pass muster. Cap'n Rumlin also had several (supposed) close brushes with the NFL that came to naught.

TTU QB commitment under Kliff, Wison Long of Austin Regents, decommitted today. Hadn't even heard from the new staff and they already have another QB commitment.

Obviously they were not interested.  Per reports, he is very much Colt McCoy's boy as he worked with him in the off season. He tried to get UT interested but they, like others, had concerns about his height, or lack thereof.  Top 100 kid though.

10 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Well, that's a new angle.

Yes. Because USC and UCLA have always been known for having to load up with talent from Mississippi, Texas, and Florida to survive. You hate to see this kind of thing happening. 

It has nothing at all to do with the fact that Clay Helton is literally a bucket on a mop handle of a coach, UCLA as a school is indifferent of the football program on a good day and actively vengeful on a bad one (on top of having hired a coach who hates recruiting the way Katfid hates Soul Food), and Washington keeps getting thumped in cross conference games. Oddly enough, Oregon seems to be poised to do good things and has been recruiting well. I can't imagine what Cristobal is doing up in Oregon, land of hippy anti-vaxers and measles apologists are doing to sway young talent to Eugene. 

• Like 1

Miami will probably be recruiting more in Arizona and West Coast.....

Miami: Andy Vaughn, who spent the past nine months as the senior director of recruiting and high school relations at Arizona, is “in line to become” the next director of player personnel on Manny Diaz’s staff, per 247. Prior to joining the Arizona staff, Vaughn worked at Nebraska, Nevada, Middle Tennessee State, and Clemson.