Non-Texas recruiting: 2020

Fud

After landing high 4* CB Fred Davis last night, Clemson now has 11 commits, all 4*s, and lead for about five 5*s. They told a top 100 corner (Henry Gray) that they likely won't have room for him. 

33 minutes ago, Fud said:

After landing high 4* CB Fred Davis last night, Clemson now has 11 commits, all 4*s, and lead for about five 5*s. They told a top 100 corner (Henry Gray) that they likely won't have room for him. 

That’s insane. 

Can we just point people to this post every time they revert to the “well, our coaches can coach up 3 stars” argument? This is the type of talent we’re going to have to beat if we want to win a title. 

4 hours ago, Fud said:

It's almost as if winning two NCs in three years has a positive impact on recruiting, which has a positive impact on your ability to win NCs. 

14 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

Is Mickens still thought to be overrated? Also, beginning in the 2015 recruiting class to today Clemson has had 1 recruit flip his commitment to another school. 

I think of him as being similar to Brian Williams; limited athletically at a position where you can make up for it easily with instincts, football IQ, fundamentals, and ball skills. Clemson sees the value in having safeties who are always in the right spot. I think both are top 30-40 in the state of Texas types though, which can be takes for anyone in the country if they fit the system and program 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fud said:

Meh for LSU, but lulz for A&M. 

Too slow for Aggy per FTWAggy

After he scratched his 40 time at The Opening I think our staff knew he wasn't a boundary/field CB.

NVM the entire roster of scratched 40 times or 4.8 S playing CB for them currently. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, golfclap said:

NVM the entire roster of scratched 40 times or 4.8 S playing CB for them currently. 

I think you're misunderstanding (through no fault of your own, interpreting this as a rational person and all instead of as an aggy). They are saying that without knowing his 40 time, they don't know whether he's slow enough to keep from making the other CBs feel bad about themselves or not.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Haha. aggy saying a guy is too slow for corner is truly hilarious. I bet they also weed out CB prospects who are under 210 lbs in HS. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

21 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

FIFY

Meh for LSU, but lulz about A&M. 

Meh for LSU, but lulz towards A&M. 

Meh for LSU, but lulz upon A&M. 

Meh for LSU, but lulz into A&M. 

Meh for LSU, but lulz onto A&M. 

21 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Someone wash EJ's sheets

I really think he could be an Olympic hurdler, he’s wasting his time playing football. He fled Steele HS for IMG before his sophomore year after the coach said he wasn’t going to start him over Caden Sterns. His helicopter dad & him then took to Twitter to trash the Steele program after they lost an early season game to (eventual state quarter finalist) SA O’Connor. Sterns fired back and defended his team & coaches and basically called out the pair for being bitches. I became a Sterns fan that day.

• Like 3