Best Texas Movie by City

9 hours ago, Gen. Applewhite said:

Anywhere with a Las Colinas I suppose.

The "office" was actually in south Austin near Woodward and St Elmo. I know that some of it was shot in the Dallas area as well.

Chotzky's was actually the Alligator Grill on South Lamar (not sure what is in that building now).

On 6/27/2018 at 11:43 AM, Not a cat said:

This sent me down the internet rabbit hole.  In 2004 Slater, Floyd and Wooderson sued Linklater for defamation.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A45614-2004Dec7.html?noredirect=on

Some facts from the article-

Pink was a second string OL, not a star QB, Wooderson is now divorced (not shocking), Wooderson's son went to Harvard.

From L to R, Slater, Pink and Wooderson in 2004.

I45606-2004Dec07

Sounds like a bunch of sensitive, ill-humored pussies to me. 

On 8/17/2018 at 9:02 AM, Steamboat1874 said:

The "office" was actually in south Austin near Woodward and St Elmo. I know that some of it was shot in the Dallas area as well.

Chotzky's was actually the Alligator Grill on South Lamar (not sure what is in that building now).

Golfsmith bought the cubicles after filming and we used them for years.  It was surreal to actually sit in those cubicles and have office space "experiences".  

“Terms of Endearment” Houston

Best friend’s grandma’s house was the house Jack Nicholson’s character lived in. 

“Powder” was shot in Wharton

“Rollerball” with James Caan. Set in Houston and filmed a few scenes there. 

The Alley Theater in Houston was the entrance to “Westworld” in the original movie 

oh, and “Murder at the World Series” was shot in the Astrodome. Humblebrag, I got a kiss from Karen Valentine during a break in production while she was signing an autograph for me. 

Edited by Saint Tacky

On 6/27/2018 at 4:12 PM, Not a cat said:

According to the obit Wooderson was an aggy.  Makes sense if you think about it but i guess with mccoughnahey playing him I always pictured him as one of us.

http://obituaries.itemonline.com/obituary/robert-wooderson-1957-2018-1061794896

That obit actually says “working for the city”

wow.

On 8/19/2018 at 7:49 PM, Stu said:

Golfsmith bought the cubicles after filming and we used them for years.  It was surreal to actually sit in those cubicles and have office space "experiences".  

Please tell me someone at least unscrewed one side of their cubicle  and pushed it over

2 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

What’s funny about that?

The opening scene where Michael is sitting in traffic was filmed on LBJ freeway, you can see my old office in the background

The entire movie is filmed in Austin. The opening scene was filmed on Metric blvd. You can literally see the UT JJ Pickle research center in multiple shots

12 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Maybe the first 2 seconds opening shot of the freeway? The rest of the opening sequence with the actors in their cars and the rest of the movie is all austin

i would probably agree with that.  some of the other movie was also filmed in dallas but i don't know which parts.  majority is definitely in austin after reviewing

I grew up in Taylor, so this hits close to home. The Life of David Gale was partially filmed in Taylor, and so was Home Fries.

Flesh and Bone was filmed in Louis Mueller’s - Dennis Quaid
The Rookie in Austin- Quaid
DOA around Austin- Quaid
The Alamo by Spicewood- Quaid
Nothing is great, but just realized how much that guy has filmed around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Flesh and Bone was filmed in Louis Mueller’s - Dennis Quaid
The Rookie in Austin- Quaid
DOA around Austin- Quaid
The Alamo by Spicewood- Quaid
Nothing is great, but just realized how much that guy has filmed around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Curt's nephew, Ryan Bohls was in Flesh and bone.

On 8/25/2018 at 9:39 PM, GreenspointTexas said:

The entire movie is filmed in Austin. The opening scene was filmed on Metric blvd. You can literally see the UT JJ Pickle research center in multiple shots

The car of a dude I worked with at Golfsmith is in that scene.  It's the car Peter sees the old mad with the cane walk by.  Nothing special about that really except if you notice the car is a POS, but there is a BMW emblem on the back.. When he found out they were using his car, he went out and stole a bunch of emblems and mounted them on his car.. He had all kinds of shit on it.  fucking weirdo.