Eagles Concert at Jerry's world

Litig8r

We flew from Florida to see the Eagles @ Jerry's World last weekend.  First the Good, it was amazing how Vince Gill and Deacon Frey fit in so seamlessly.  They played for about 3 hours and sound during most of the songs was outstanding.  The sound during the "talking parts" was terrible.  JW is just too big a place unless you drop serious coin for super seats.  Nobody who worked there seemed to be in hurry about anything, whether it was getting a beer, mixing a drink or selling a t-shirt. I missed most of the opening act in line to get my wife a T-shirt. They were all nice but S L O W.  It had to be huge revenue booster for Dallas.  On Sunday we saw so many eagles tshirts.  I guess the total revenue for JW was 20-35 million.  Hotels and ubers and restaurants must have also made a killing.  We were on the plane back to Florida with some folks who had gone and it was there 32 Eagles show.

We had dinner at Javier's.  Great experience for us.  Lunch at Rodeo Goat, Drinks at Stirr in Deep Ellum and just a great time. Did the Book Depository tour. Seems like every time we drove in front of the building on Elm, I was sitting in back passenger seat...

Glad you enjoyed the town and the show.

I've never set foot in teh Death Star to watch a show.   I've been tempted (George Strait, The Macca, The Stones...) but I knew that I'd just be unhappy with the ginormous cavern that Jerruh World.

I don't have $2k to drop on seats that would make the show worth watching to me.  Unless Led Zeppelin gets back together, then get back with me.

16 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Glad you enjoyed the town and the show.

I've never set foot in teh Death Star to watch a show.   I've been tempted (George Strait, The Macca, The Stones...) but I knew that I'd just be unhappy with the ginormous cavern that Jerruh World.

I don't have $2k to drop on seats that would make the show worth watching to me.  Unless Led Zeppelin gets back together, then get back with me.

every show I wanted to see at cool venues was on Sunday..the day we left.  Until this year I have never been to Dallas.  This was the third time this year and not a good (I like red dirt music) show was to be found.  Next time, just straight to Austin

1 minute ago, Litig8r said:

every show I wanted to see at cool venues was on Sunday..the day we left.  Until this year I have never been to Dallas.  This was the third time this year and not a good (I like red dirt music) show was to be found.  Next time, just straight to Austin

Too bad.  Willie, Sturgill and a bunch of others are playing this Saturday.  John Prine is Friday.  Weezer/Pixies is Thursday.

It's shaping up to be a big week. 

56 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Too bad.  Willie, Sturgill and a bunch of others are playing this Saturday.  John Prine is Friday.  Weezer/Pixies is Thursday.

It's shaping up to be a big week. 

you are fucking killing me

1 hour ago, Litig8r said:

You could have come to Atlanta and seen Kelly Willis with me.  We had a group of 10 go.  Tickets were $20 and probably 150 in the room.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, MAROON said:

saw then in Houston a few weeks ago.  Joe Walsh was the star of the show.  Made me feel good that a guy that old, who has tortured his body for years upon years, could still rock out.

Joe definitely can still work those strings.  I was worried his bottom plate (denture) was going to fly out though.  

I saw the Eagles in San Antonio around 1994 with one legged Mike from Paris, Texas. Mike had spent a few years inside the grey walls of Huntsville. They said Mike, it’s your lucky day - we’re getting you a new leg and you get to pick the color!” Mike surveyed the medical brochure and pointed at the brown leg. They said “Mike, what the hell you want with a Mexican leg?” Mike thought it would be great if it looked like he had a tan year round. The Fucking Eagles man.

12 minutes ago, HiggyBaby said:

Was anyone else there in 1995

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagles/1995/texas-memorial-stadium-austin-tx-bdbd5d2.html

and yeah the deathstar blows as a concert venue

I remember flying close enough to see inside the stadium during that show. I was 14 and don’t think I’d heard of the eagles but my mom thought it was cool. 

1 hour ago, HiggyBaby said:

Was anyone else there in 1995

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagles/1995/texas-memorial-stadium-austin-tx-bdbd5d2.html

and yeah the deathstar blows as a concert venue

I was there. I remember enjoying it, but I didn't have great seats. I had a much better experience seeing them at ACL Fest in 2010. They sounded really great.

Have pretty good memories of the DKR show. I was working as an usher at the time at the Erwin center. They staffed the concert and I ended up being one of the security guys at the mixing booth. I don’t recall working so much as kicking back and enjoying the show. Getting paid whatever minimum wage was at the time.

Went to the AAC to Henley's 70th birthday show last year with Stevie Nicks, Joe Walsh, Timothy Schmidt, and Patty Smyth.  Could not bring myself to buy a ticket to Jerruh World to see the Eagles after hearing so many of their hits in a good venue last year.

• 1 year later...

Well, the "E" does stand for "Entertainment".   But with Berman involved you have to hit pause, minimum. 

ESPN will air the Eagles concert “Live From The Forum MMXVIII” this holiday weekend. The Eagles spent the majority of 2018 on an extensive North American tour with Vince Gill and Deacon Frey joining Don Henley, Joe Walsh, and Timothy B. Schmit. Earning rave reviews from fans and critics alike, the quintet arrived at the Forum in Los Angeles for three sold-out concerts on September 12, 14, and 15. Highlights from all three shows have now been compiled for the new 26-song live album and concert film that will premiere on ESPN this Sunday, July 5th, at 8 PM EDT / 5 PM PDT, introduced by longtime Eagles fan ESPN’s Chris Berman.

https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/espn-sunday-night-eagles-chris-berman.html

On 7/2/2020 at 8:02 AM, Wally Pryor said:

Well, the "E" does stand for "Entertainment".   But with Berman involved you have to hit pause, minimum. 

ESPN will air the Eagles concert “Live From The Forum MMXVIII” this holiday weekend. The Eagles spent the majority of 2018 on an extensive North American tour with Vince Gill and Deacon Frey joining Don Henley, Joe Walsh, and Timothy B. Schmit. Earning rave reviews from fans and critics alike, the quintet arrived at the Forum in Los Angeles for three sold-out concerts on September 12, 14, and 15. Highlights from all three shows have now been compiled for the new 26-song live album and concert film that will premiere on ESPN this Sunday, July 5th, at 8 PM EDT / 5 PM PDT, introduced by longtime Eagles fan ESPN’s Chris Berman.

https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/espn-sunday-night-eagles-chris-berman.html

I hate myself for not pulling the trigger.  I figured the Eagles died with Frey.