OU Recruiting 2019: White Visors and Belly Tats

Machinator

• 4 weeks later...

Reminds me of the time I was on that campus, which is actually quite pretty. I was also wearing a Texas polo but only got a few bad looks. When I went to their version of the coop, they had the same exact Longhorns metal decal most Texas shops have, only the boxes were turned upside down. Figured I'd be courteous and fix it for them...

52 minutes ago, rickyspub said:

So what's the appropriate hand gesture for 'OU Sucks!'? They are sort of constrained by their shitty identity. A limp-wristed horns down is probably the best they can do in 'polite', non-methed up company.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Reminds me of the time I was on that campus, which is actually quite pretty. I was also wearing a Texas polo but only got a few bad looks. When I went to their version of the coop, they had the same exact Longhorns metal decal most Texas shops have, only the boxes were turned upside down. Figured I'd be courteous and fix it for them...

15qnil.jpg

You know how I know you're mentally ill?

On 5/23/2018 at 10:09 AM, SydneyCarton said:

15qnil.jpg

You know how I know you're mentally ill?

There are a couple of shit buildings on campus, but now that they've gotten rid of the old architecture building (ironically), it's a lot more uniform and relatively nice.  It could use more terrain variety, but as someone who walked to class on that campus, I was glad not to have to walk up hills like Kansas or walk miles like Ohio State.

5 hours ago, Skyline said:

They picked up a commit from a 4* DE out of Washington DC. 

3 DL commits already, how many are they taking?  I wouldn't them filling up and maybe Texas getting in a better spot for Marcus Hicks or maybe Stripling if he is cooling on aggy a bit.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

Simpson is addition by subtraction for the fucking Dirt Burglars that fucking guy looked like his feet were made of lead. I was looking forward to him being at RT for them. 

I'm really happy about them losing these 3 guys and here's to 4-5 more. (hopefully they all land in a JUCO so they get a better education and a new lease on life away from Dirt Burglardom)

5 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Simpson is addition by subtraction for the fucking Dirt Burglars that fucking guy looked like his feet were made of lead. I was looking forward to him being at RT for them. 

I'm really happy about them losing these 3 guys and here's to 4-5 more. (hopefully they all land in a JUCO so they get a better education and a new lease on life away from Dirt Burglardom)

The best part is that if any of these guys don't make it in, they still get penalized for their signing.  So those guys "count" for purposes of how many OU can sign next year, even if they don't make it in.

From the OU Braniacs site:

– Earlier today, Lincoln Riley sent out a tweet about the freshmen move-in day. A pic was posted and four noticeable signees were absent in 2018 LB DaShaun White, OL Tramonda Moore, DL Ron Tatum, and OL Darrell Simpson.

I spoke with White last night and he said, “I leave for Norman in the morning. Just graduated.” White added, “When I get there it’s all about getting number 8!” Something Sooners fans will love to hear!

As for Moore? He’s had his ups and downs since high school, but this time around it looks like all things are working in his favor as a source specified that, “Moore should be arriving next week.”

With Moore’s track record, I’m sure the Sooners staff will have a watchful eye on him to make sure he does what’s needed when he arrives, “Everyone at OU is rooting for him. Not many have as high an upside as he does on the football field. Just hope he’s got everything else figured out too.”

As for Tatum and Simpson, we can say we know that they are enrolled and in the OU Student Database. While we are hearing rumblings of potential delays in their arrivals, we cannot confirm reasons for the delay at this point, and we will be digging to see what we can come up with.

TFB will stay on top of this and let you all know when Moore, Tatum and Simpson have arrived on campus. – (Brandon)

19 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

2018 WR Kundarrius Taylor did not qualify 

Signed with juco in Mississippi

So its looking like him and Simpson are the ones that are unlikely to qualify? Tatum seems like he'll get in.  Was there another guy who's iffy? Either way, losing 2 4 stars out of your class before the summer even starts is never a good way to go.

It would be interesting to see 247 or someone else update class rankings after summer and/or fall enrollments to get a more true sense of who had the best class. And to take it one step further, it would be interesting to see them update class rankings every year based on attrition and transfers to see who actually stayed. 

2 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

So its looking like him and Simpson are the ones that are unlikely to qualify? Tatum seems like he'll get in.  Was there another guy who's iffy? Either way, losing 2 4 stars out of your class before the summer even starts is never a good way to go.

It would be interesting to see 247 or someone else update class rankings after summer and/or fall enrollments to get a more true sense of who had the best class. And to take it one step further, it would be interesting to see them update class rankings every year based on attrition and transfers to see who actually stayed. 

They have another guy who'll get in, Tramonda Moore, who most expect to fail out at some point 

On 6/5/2018 at 5:29 PM, Dbeasy said:

Not a fabulous offer list.

Hard to tell if Bedenbaugh is seeing something early, or reaching here.  Word is the kid is playing out of position at tackle and projects as a guard, but I'd rather have someone who lights it up at tackle and can push down to guard.

That being said, he's the position coach I'd give the most leeway to in terms of the guys he wants to get and his plans for them once on campus.  If he were on the defensive side with that offer list, I'd be more concerned.

6 minutes ago, texifornia said:

That's a bummer - was hoping they'd fill up and he'd fall to us like Carson with tOSU last year.

I believe this is called "The Oscarian Maneuver". Just sit on your fucking hands until everyone else fills up and then run a mass email campaign to anyone on the 247 Top 1500 that is uncommitted and listed as a DL. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I believe this is called "The Oscarian Maneuver". Just sit on your fucking hands until everyone else fills up and then run a mass email campaign to anyone on the 247 Top 1500 that is uncommitted and listed as a DL. 

Lulz. The one thing I will say for Giles and the staff is that they seem pretty good with DL evals. I'd prefer they had to do less of them and it's not a solution to the problem, but I guess it's somewhat of a consolation.

• 3 weeks later...