OU Recruiting 2019: White Visors and Belly Tats

1 hour ago, Constant said:

No surprise. It was a long time coming. That said, I could go for some positive news. Thats 2-3 decommitts in a row. 

Spring game is April 14th with an insane guest list so we'll see. 

I understand it was a surprise even if he was an Aggie legacy. Who knows but I need some good news.

6 hours ago, Constant said:

That said, I could go for some positive news. Thats 2-3 decommitts in a row. 

Nah, you good.

Also, it might just be me but spencer rattler's mouth looks just like Case McCoy's.

Edited by GotThatFire

Visitor list so far for the Spring game this Saturday. 

The Red-White Spring game weekend, April 13th – 15th, is shaping up to be a massive recruiting weekend for the Sooners. Elite visitors from across the country, literally from coast-to-coast, will be flocking to Norman for the weekend.

Below is a list of the class of 2019 recruits which we have compiled so far, and while it is quite extensive, we do expect the list to change as the weekend approaches. We also expect a large 2020 presence, and we will do our best to bring you some of those names by the middle of the coming week.

While we are still confirming the types of visits for each athlete (official or unofficial), at this point, unless noted, we are working under the assumption that they will be official visits. However, things are very fluid, particularly with the more regional recruits who may just use an unofficial since they are within easy travelling distance.

We will continue to update this list as we gather additional information

Trejan Bridges WR – TX (Hebron) – (OUCommit)

Jack Buford OT – MO – (Lutheran North) Unofficial

Nelson Ceaser DE – TX (Point Ridge)

Shammond Cooper LB – MO (Trinity Catholic) 

Jaden Davis CB – FL (St. Thomas Aquinas)

Derek Green DT – NC (Southwest)

Jadon Haselwood WR- GA (Cedar Grove)

Arjei Henderson, WR – TX (Fort Bend Travis)

Braylen Ingraham DE/TE – FL (St. Thomas Aquinas)

Tyler Johnson OT – TX (Oak Ridge)

Jarrian Jones S – MS (Northwest Rankin)

Cam’ron Kelly ATH – VA (Oscar Smith HS)

Marcus Major RB – OK (Millwood)

Jamal Morris S – TX (Ft. Bend Bush)

Jalyn Phillips S – GA (Archer)

Suaava Poti DT – CA (St. John Bosco)

Kori Roberson DE – TX – (Manvel ) – (OU Commit)

Isaiah Rutherford CB – CA (Jesuit)

Isaiah Spiller RB – TX  (Klein Collins) – Unofficial

Chris Steele CB – CA (St. John Bosco)

Austin Stogner TE – TX – (Prestonwood Christian) – (OU Commit)

Michael Tarquin OL – FL (Belleview)

Caeden Wallace OL – NJ (Hun School)

Theo Wease WR – TX  (Allen)

Jalani Williams DB – MO (Parkway North)

Carl Williams DT – TX (Lufkin)

Stacey Wilkins OT – AR – (Camden Fairview) Unofficial

Edited by Constant

15 hours ago, Constant said:

Tyler Johnson OT – TX (Oak Ridge)

Marcus Major RB – OK (Millwood)

Chris Steele CB – CA (St. John Bosco)

Stacey Wilkins OT – AR – (Camden Fairview) Unofficial

From what I know, these are the names of interest to UT fans although I think Major and Steele are long shots at best.  Tyler Johnson is a UT lean while we've got a puncher's chance with Wilkins.

Awesome coffee's for closers gif. Super topical and not at all played out. Four years ago. 

Congrats on getting Theo Wease and Arjei Henderson back, I guess. Is Riley just gonna have that duo commit and decommit over and over and visit Aggy just to rope-a-dope them and create fauxmentum in Norman every few months? Wease has only ever wanted to go to OU. I for one am super glad to see Henderson hit your locker room for the ~2 years. I'm assuming Jamal Morris will go ahead and pull the trigger, even though Young is going to Aggy this weekend?  

That's A LOT of OVs this early in the cycle, if this weekend doesn't net 4-5 more commits you're going to have an interesting summer and fall. 17 of your 56 possible OVs off the books in mid-April. You better fucking hope Riley is closing. 

Dax Hill is a no-show again. I've enjoyed reading the OU mods explain his absences in Norman over and over and over again. I esp. like the fact that they seem to think that it's OSU that is the problem. I have no idea why they are last to the party but ... Alabama.  

DirtBurglar OV list ::

DT Derek Green (6'5, 309) of Jacksonville (Southwest), North Carolina who was a one-time commitment to OU and the decommitted because he said that he needed to stay close to home. However, OU has stayed on the phone with him and he is taking his official to OU this weekend.

OT Tyler Johnson, 6'4, 270, Conroe Oak Ridge, Texas is taking his official to OU this weekend.

OLB Cade Stover, OLB, 6'4, 225, Mansfeld (Lexington), Ohio is a four-star that really likes OU and he will be taking his official this weekend.

Austin Stogner, TE, 6’6, 230, Plano (Prestonwood Christian), Texas: Four Star: OU Commit. Despite efforts from A&M and UT Stogner remains totally committed to OU and this will be the only official visit that he takes.

Theo Wease, WR, 6’3, 194, Allen, Texas: Four-Star: The one time OU commit appears to still be leaning to OU, but following this spring he will take two more visits this spring to LSU the following weekend and USC on June 22nd. OU’s goal this weekend is to get him to recommit and then cancel those two other visits.

Arjei Henderson, WR, 6’1, 179 of Richmond (Travis), Texas: Four-star: Another former OU commit is best friends of Wease and they say they would like to play at the same school. Henderson has his choices narrowed down to three schools OU, Texas A&M, and Alabama and he says he wants to visits all three schools unofficially.

Jason Haselwood, WR, 6’2 1/2, 180, Ellenwood (Cedar Grove), Georgia: Five-Star: Georgia Commit. This longtime Georgia commit has family ties to OU and has a long time interest in the Sooners and he is going to give the Sooners a chance to change his mind. Hazelwood has been unofficially to Auburn and South Carolina so he does seem to be looking around.

Chris Steele, CB, 6’1, 188, Bellflower (John Bosco), California: Five-star: Steel has the schools he wants to visit and he is going to Louisville this weekend, OU for the 13th, LSU the following the weekend and Florida on September 8th. If he is still not committed by the time he gets to Florida that may be tough for the Sooners to overcome.

Jaden Davis, CB, 5’9, 166, Fort Lauderdale (St. Thomas Aquinas), Florida: Four-Star: Davis is a talented corner that has liked OU for a while and has official visits thus far set with OU and Ohio State. He takes a look at the Buckeye’s this weekend. Miami and Florida also seem to be major players here.

Brayden Ingraham, DE, 6’4, 260, Ft. Lauderdale (St. Thomas Aquinas), Florida: Four-Star: OU needs to bring in more talented defensive lineman and Ingraham fits that mold. OU will have to beat Miami here but they have also offered his good friend Davis and OU would love for them to be a package deal at OU.

Jamal Morris, S, 6’2, 185, Richmond (Fort Bend Bush), Texas: Four-star: Morris seems to like OU a lot and OU has a good chance to earn a verbal this weekend. The rub is that he is best friends with four-star cornerback Erick Young who likes OU too, but has decided to visit Texas A&M this weekend. Those two say they would like to play together but they are not visiting together unless one of them changes their mind where they are going this weekend.

Jarring Jones, S, 6’1, 185) of Flowed (Northwest Rankin), Mississippi: Four-star: Talented safety that is going to take his first official to OU for the spring game. OU has a decent shot here.

Michael Tarquin, OT, 6’5, 290, Belleview, Florida: Four Star: Tarquin is working the recruiting game as he has already been to OU twice, Miami, Ohio State, Clemson, South Carolina and Michigan. The oping game will be his first official visit and OU hope to get that verbal, but 247Sports feels he is a Miami lean.

Caedan Wallace, OG, 6’5, 315, Princeton (Nun School), New Jersey: Four-star: OU appears to be very much in the running for Wallace and they will take their at-bats with him with him. Penn State appears to be the Sooners biggest challenger early.

Jalyn Phillips, S, 6’1, 190, Lawrenceville (Archer), Georgia: Four-Star: OU appears to be in the running for Phillips with Alabama and Tennessee and he recently went to Georgia Tech unofficially.

Cam’Ron Kelly, ATH, 6’1, 190, Chesapeake (Oscar Smith), Virginia: Four-Star: Kelly is a two-way talent that OU likes as a CB, S and a WR. He has been to Junior Day’s at Clemson, Virginia Tech and twice to Virginia and now he is going to check out OU.

Joseph Wete', WDE, 6'4, 220, Washington DC (Gonzaga): Four-star: OU Offer, OU is battling Penn State for his signature and get their first chance to really go after him hard this weekend.

That's A LOT of OVs this early in the cycle, if this weekend doesn't net 4-5 more commits you're going to have an interesting summer and fall. 17 of your 56 possible OVs off the books in mid-April. You better fucking hope Riley is closing. 

Dax Hill is a no-show again. I've enjoyed reading the OU mods explain his absences in Norman over and over and over again. I esp. like the fact that they seem to think that it's OSU that is the problem. I have no idea why they are last to the party but ... Alabama.  

Edited by golfclap
,|,,

Awesome coffee's for closers gif. Super topical and not at all played out. Four years ago. 

Congrats on getting Theo Wease and Arjei Henderson back, I guess. Is Riley just gonna have that duo commit and decommit over and over and visit Aggy just to rope-a-dope them and create fauxmentum in Norman every few months? Wease has only ever wanted to go to OU. I for one am super glad to see Henderson hit your locker room for the ~2 years. I'm assuming Jamal Morris will go ahead and pull the trigger, even though Young is going to Aggy this weekend?  

DirtBurglar OV list ::

DT Derek Green (6'5, 309) of Jacksonville (Southwest), North Carolina who was a one-time commitment to OU and the decommitted because he said that he needed to stay close to home. However, OU has stayed on the phone with him and he is taking his official to OU this weekend.

OT Tyler Johnson, 6'4, 270, Conroe Oak Ridge, Texas is taking his official to OU this weekend.

OLB Cade Stover, OLB, 6'4, 225, Mansfeld (Lexington), Ohio is a four-star that really likes OU and he will be taking his official this weekend.

Austin Stogner, TE, 6’6, 230, Plano (Prestonwood Christian), Texas: Four Star: OU Commit. Despite efforts from A&M and UT Stogner remains totally committed to OU and this will be the only official visit that he takes.

Theo Wease, WR, 6’3, 194, Allen, Texas: Four-Star: The one time OU commit appears to still be leaning to OU, but following this spring he will take two more visits this spring to LSU the following weekend and USC on June 22nd. OU’s goal this weekend is to get him to recommit and then cancel those two other visits.

Arjei Henderson, WR, 6’1, 179 of Richmond (Travis), Texas: Four-star: Another former OU commit is best friends of Wease and they say they would like to play at the same school. Henderson has his choices narrowed down to three schools OU, Texas A&M, and Alabama and he says he wants to visits all three schools unofficially.

Jason Haselwood, WR, 6’2 1/2, 180, Ellenwood (Cedar Grove), Georgia: Five-Star: Georgia Commit. This longtime Georgia commit has family ties to OU and has a long time interest in the Sooners and he is going to give the Sooners a chance to change his mind. Hazelwood has been unofficially to Auburn and South Carolina so he does seem to be looking around.

Chris Steele, CB, 6’1, 188, Bellflower (John Bosco), California: Five-star: Steel has the schools he wants to visit and he is going to Louisville this weekend, OU for the 13th, LSU the following the weekend and Florida on September 8th. If he is still not committed by the time he gets to Florida that may be tough for the Sooners to overcome.

Jaden Davis, CB, 5’9, 166, Fort Lauderdale (St. Thomas Aquinas), Florida: Four-Star: Davis is a talented corner that has liked OU for a while and has official visits thus far set with OU and Ohio State. He takes a look at the Buckeye’s this weekend. Miami and Florida also seem to be major players here.

Brayden Ingraham, DE, 6’4, 260, Ft. Lauderdale (St. Thomas Aquinas), Florida: Four-Star: OU needs to bring in more talented defensive lineman and Ingraham fits that mold. OU will have to beat Miami here but they have also offered his good friend Davis and OU would love for them to be a package deal at OU.

Jamal Morris, S, 6’2, 185, Richmond (Fort Bend Bush), Texas: Four-star: Morris seems to like OU a lot and OU has a good chance to earn a verbal this weekend. The rub is that he is best friends with four-star cornerback Erick Young who likes OU too, but has decided to visit Texas A&M this weekend. Those two say they would like to play together but they are not visiting together unless one of them changes their mind where they are going this weekend.

Jarring Jones, S, 6’1, 185) of Flowed (Northwest Rankin), Mississippi: Four-star: Talented safety that is going to take his first official to OU for the spring game. OU has a decent shot here.

Michael Tarquin, OT, 6’5, 290, Belleview, Florida: Four Star: Tarquin is working the recruiting game as he has already been to OU twice, Miami, Ohio State, Clemson, South Carolina and Michigan. The oping game will be his first official visit and OU hope to get that verbal, but 247Sports feels he is a Miami lean.

Caedan Wallace, OG, 6’5, 315, Princeton (Nun School), New Jersey: Four-star: OU appears to be very much in the running for Wallace and they will take their at-bats with him with him. Penn State appears to be the Sooners biggest challenger early.

Jalyn Phillips, S, 6’1, 190, Lawrenceville (Archer), Georgia: Four-Star: OU appears to be in the running for Phillips with Alabama and Tennessee and he recently went to Georgia Tech unofficially.

Cam’Ron Kelly, ATH, 6’1, 190, Chesapeake (Oscar Smith), Virginia: Four-Star: Kelly is a two-way talent that OU likes as a CB, S and a WR. He has been to Junior Day’s at Clemson, Virginia Tech and twice to Virginia and now he is going to check out OU.

Joseph Wete', WDE, 6'4, 220, Washington DC (Gonzaga): Four-star: OU Offer, OU is battling Penn State for his signature and get their first chance to really go after him hard this weekend.

Is this your prediction then? Alabama?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Told y'all. Fuck off EJ you fucking twat. There isn't a person following recruiting at even a cursory level that didn't know Wease was going to OU, and that Henderson was going to go where Wease went. You fucking stupid assbag. ZOMG JAMAL MORRIS IS GOING TO OU AS WELL!! everyone brace yourselves for EJs inside info. 

15 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Told y'all. Fuck off EJ you fucking twat. There isn't a person following recruiting at even a cursory level that didn't know Wease was going to OU, and that Henderson was going to go where Wease went. You fucking stupid assbag. ZOMG JAMAL MORRIS IS GOING TO OU AS WELL!! everyone brace yourselves for EJs inside info. 

ZOMG indeed

You seem triggered.

Are they in on any elite DL or LB's?  Who are they expected to land at OL?

OUs linebacking recruiting has been a shitshow. Are you saying OU won’t close on at the oline position. OU has done well at OL for the last three years and I bet that continues.

3 minutes ago, Constant said:

Oh, lordy. Lincoln Riley tweeting three sets of eyes after these guys popped. I think we're looking at 5-6 commitments this weekend. 

If you want to keep filling up on (talented) players that aren't in UT's plans, keep right on trucking.

I do think Morris might have been a take for us, but he never really seemed all that into UT.

1 hour ago, Catjuggler said:

OUs linebacking recruiting has been a shitshow. Are you saying OU won’t close on at the oline position. OU has done well at OL for the last three years and I bet that continues.

Not now that they lost their manimal S&C coach to the only coach in the SEC with a national championship ring from the ACC! WHOOP!