OU Recruiting 2019: White Visors and Belly Tats

Machinator

Yeah, that closes the books on Steele as well. He'll be a Sooner. Going to be interesting to see what happens with the rest of the DB class for OU. Esp. with Steele in. I'd guess that the spots are starting to shrink up and that one of the TX/LA guys out of Carter, Bush, Young, Banks, or Wolfe better grab a spot soon or be on the outside looking in the way O'Neal was last year. Will be super interesting to see if TCU starts to turn up the heat on the DBs as well, now that things are starting to line up. 

– Elite 2019 Wide Receiver and Sooners legacy, Jadon Haselwood took an official visit to Norman this weekend. I have spoken briefly with Haselwood and we are set to speak again soon.

Haselwood told me that he loved the visit and it was a really good selling point for his mother who had never been to Norman.

A source I spoke with echoed the sentiment that his mother was blown away with the family atmosphere. The source also stated that Sooners Wide Receiver coach, Dennis Simmons, made her feel at home. The source added, “Jadon’s mother has only been on two visits, OU and UGA, and she was clearly feeling at home. Even made the statement that the coaches seem to care about the person Jadon is, rather than the football player.”

That again speaks volumes to how Riley, much like Stoops, runs a very family oriented program. That family atmosphere seems to be a calling card for the staff because Haselwood’s not the only visitor to state such sentiments.

https://thefootballbrainiacs.com/open-post-wednesday-april-18th

If we end up getting Haselwood and holding what we have that will be the best WR class I've ever seen, I believe. 

Edited by Constant

7 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Yeah, that closes the books on Steele as well. He'll be a Sooner. Going to be interesting to see what happens with the rest of the DB class for OU. Esp. with Steele in. I'd guess that the spots are starting to shrink up and that one of the TX/LA guys out of Carter, Bush, Young, Banks, or Wolfe better grab a spot soon or be on the outside looking in the way O'Neal was last year. Will be super interesting to see if TCU starts to turn up the heat on the DBs as well, now that things are starting to line up. 

Where's that USC guy who was here saying Steele was a Trojan lock?

OU is supposedly taking 2cb and 3 safeties.

CB’s .... Criddell and Steele maybe.

They have two safeties committed and probably want to wait and see what happens with Hill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, Constant said:

If we end up getting Haselwood and holding what we have that will be the best WR class I've ever seen, I believe. 

Would be an insane haul and that's even with the fact that I don't think Henderson will ever have an impact. Wease is a beast. Bridges is a goddamn football player and Haselwood is just waiting out his draft status. I think it would be one of the best hauls since probably one of those Pete Carrol teams at USC, and those were closing on the kinds of classes that Bowden stacked at FSU where back up CBs and WRs that didn't play at FSU played in the NFL for 10 years. 

Hmm, I was thinking that it would be 3 CB, possible 1 NB type, and 2 S (with a spot always open for Hill). Help me out with the numbers you grabbed 3 legit S in 2018 (and already have Morris and Jones in the fold in 2019) and 2 CBs in 2018, I assume that Taylor will be a WR and Robinson will play in the slot, right? As will Crawford? Any chance that this 2019 class pushes Taylor to get a look on the defense? Or perhaps Crawford a look at CB? Otherwise it would seem like 2 CBs would be a bit light over 3 classes. (2017-2019) 

You pretty much summed it up for the possibilities. Crawford seems the most likely to maybe look at defense but none of the 2019 guys seem like slots and he does

Not sure on Taylor. I don’t see any way he gets on the field this year so it’s possible he might look at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Constant said:

They're gonna have to ride the bench behind your new top receiver:

On 4/16/2018 at 8:14 PM, Lobwedgephil said:

Meanwhile, it looks like they have nailed Baker's replacement. 

Edited by Bevo14

8 hours ago, Constant said:

About time they made that official. He was responsible for the really good content all last season. 

Example: 

https://twitter.com/OU_Football/status/960649257983164416

I dunno about being a good example, that video showed a bunch of dumb ass Sooners.

Does OU figure out their DC blows before UT figures out their OC blows?

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

I dunno about being a good example, that video showed a bunch of dumb ass Sooners.

Does OU figure out their DC blows before UT figures out their OC blows?

Mike is what he is. We had the right plan to win the Rose Bowl. Just didn't have the horses(depth) to pull it off. Solid linebackers and physical corners are a must in his defense and we haven't had either in a while- which he is partly to blame. 

The defensive recruiting has improved, but I still wouldn't mind ditching him and Kish if those groups don't turn around strongly. 

53 minutes ago, Constant said:

Mike is what he is. We had the right plan to win the Rose Bowl. Just didn't have the horses(depth) to pull it off. Solid linebackers and physical corners are a must in his defense and we haven't had either in a while- which he is partly to blame. 

The defensive recruiting has improved, but I still wouldn't mind ditching him and Kish if those groups don't turn around strongly. 

His scheming was fine in Georgia's run heavy pro style offense

He still looks like a doofus trying to coach against spread offenses

On 4/19/2018 at 5:34 PM, Constant said:

Mike fucking blows.  He should have been gone years ago.  Fuck him.  

25 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Mike fucking blows.  He should have been gone years ago.  Fuck him.  

Uhh, I love the guy. I love his loyalty to OU as well. I hope Mike Stoops stays at OU until the very day his coke-addled heart plaques up and explodes, on the sidelines and on camera, preferably. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Uhh, I love the guy. I love his loyalty to OU as well. I hope Mike Stoops stays at OU until the very day his coke-addled heart plaques up and explodes, on the sidelines and on camera, preferably. 

That last part, finally something we can all agree on...