OU Recruiting 2019: White Visors and Belly Tats

Machinator

1 minute ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

PS - Didn't Big Game Bob have to do more program building than Riley? I don't know if there's been a better coaching situation to walk into in the last ten years. 

Day at tOSU and maybe Smart at UGA?  Definitely walked into a great situation but lot of that was because of his great offense as coordinator last couple years before he took over... 

17 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Your hot takes are hilarious.  OU absolutely can’t win a title w Riley?  Lol. Ok.  

Saban says best offense he’s ever faced and we all agree worst D ever...but he can’t get an average D and win.  Lulz

Nope. Can't do it. And you didn't do it. 2 years in a row. 

And I already shared my thoughts on your offense. It's the thing in football rn. Really good. But that defense is doing y'all in and until that's fixed, the air raid will only get you so far. 

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Ah, rivalry 

The fear is real.

I love that the entire comment section is full of stupid fucking Sooners who don’t understand that Cale is just deflecting. This tweet is simply a way to make the conversation about Texas hating the Horns and get it away from the fact that once again the Sooners got humiliated on the big stage by a physical opponent. 

• Haha 1

Playing OU twice a season is now a thing.  Texas went exactly 1-1 against OU this year and won the Sugar Bowl.  OU is trying to control the narrative for recruits. They need to--they lost again on the biggest stage.  They've won exactly the same number of championships this century as Texas despite all the years Texas was down.  OU isn't the top of the mountain and they know winter is definitely coming.   

42 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:
Questionable move by Ohio St hanging on to Schiano and allowing Grinch to walk.

Schiano's recruiting is much better than that of Grinch. May have been an important factor in that decision.

Grinch really isn't a good recruiter.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, golfclap said:

The fear is real.

I love that the entire comment section is full of stupid fucking Sooners who don’t understand that Cale is just deflecting. This tweet is simply a way to make the conversation about Texas hating the Horns and get it away from the fact that once again the Sooners got humiliated on the big stage by a physical opponent. 

LMAO.  You think OU is scared of Texas?  That’s flat out comical.  Hell, when Texas was a perennial top 10 OU wasn’t scared.  You’re hilarious.  

To be fair, I don’t think Tom/Texas is scared either.  Mack was scared.  But OU scared of Texas?  Maybe it will happen someday but it takes a special retard to think they’re scared right now.  Congrats!

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Strictly speaking to the physical side of the game, yes OU is scared.

They certainly feel like OU can win against Texas but it's not because they are confident in their ability to line up head to head and win individual, physical battles. IMO, that was pretty clear in the two games.

The team is soft. They only talk tough, a lot. Lots of false bravado which they have used to get the mental edge for years.

But, they are talented as well. No doubt there. They will continue to win a lot of games but it will not ever be because they are the more physical team in the big games.

Just my read of the team.

Edited by pacman
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

LMAO.  You think OU is scared of Texas?  That’s flat out comical.  Hell, when Texas was a perennial top 10 OU wasn’t scared.  You’re hilarious.  

To be fair, I don’t think Tom/Texas is scared either.  Mack was scared.  But OU scared of Texas?  Maybe it will happen someday but it takes a special retard to think they’re scared right now.  Congrats!

I agree that the team's not scared. Riley is a good coach.

But man this post is sweaty as it gets.

5 hours ago, pacman said:

Strictly speaking to the physical side of the game, yes OU is scared.

They certainly feel like OU can win against Texas but it's not because they are confident in their ability to line up head to head and win individual, physical battles. IMO, that was pretty clear in the two games.

The team is soft. They only talk tough, a lot. Lots of false bravado which they have used to get the mental edge for years.

But, they are talented as well. No doubt there. They will continue to win a lot of games but it will not ever be because they are the more physical team in the big games.

Just my read of the team.

Go back and watch the Big 12 Championship and focus only on the line play each and every play. There is no way you’d still objectively say Texas was more physical. OU whipped Texas’ ass on the line all day long. It’s the only reason they won. 

1 hour ago, Constant said:

Go back and watch the Big 12 Championship and focus only on the line play each and every play. There is no way you’d still objectively say Texas was more physical. OU whipped Texas’ ass on the line all day long. It’s the only reason they won. 

So I guess our QB having an injured throwing shoulder (long extended windup on throws, having to carry ball in left hand etc...) had no effect on the game then? 

Very aggy to think OU is scared.  In fact go read aggy, they’ll tell you OU/UT are very scared.  I laugh even harder at that.

OU owns this conference until further notice.  You can say the conference blows but I’m of the opinion it’s right there w the SEC if you don’t look at just the one team at the top.  Metrics/results back me up   

I’ll be the first to admit Texas is well on its way back, if not there already but JFC its like the last decade wandering the desert never happened.  Lol.  Homers gonna be homers.  

I always forget how fucking stupid you Sooners are, even the “Doc” it appears. 

Let me help you out — I’ll go super slow. What was the impetus for Gundy’s subtweet? 

Texas had just physically whipped the fuck out of an “elite physical football team” - and Ehlinger said “we’re back” a scant few hours after OU was bullied in another humiliating loss. 

With me so far dummies? Here’s the difficult part that you are struggling with. 

The Texas win and OUs loss weren’t just about a single game vs those physical type of opponents - they highlighted a systemic issue for OU and a cultural/systemic change at Texas. This isn’t a one game instance for OU but a trend. It’s happened over and over and over. A trend in which, when facing opponents with comparable talent and depth the lack of physicality makes the Sooners uncompetitive. Everyone wondered for years what Leach could do with OU/Texas talent. Now we know. OU is built to win the conference but it would take a miracle draw for them to even be compete in a playoff game, much less 2 in a row. 

“When Texas was a perennial top 10 team” 

you are so fucking wound up that you don’t even realize you are making my point. Texas was RARELY the more physical team, even in that time period. When Texas was the more physical team ... it won the national title.

I’m heading back out to snowboard but take a break and read your numerous replies. You know that I’m right and you are trying to justify/deflect - which is absolutely what Cale was going for. Not once have you guys even discussed the clear systemic shortcomings at OU because you are spun up about Texas. It’s almost like Gundy’s deflection worked as intended. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Very aggy to think OU is scared.  In fact go read aggy, they’ll tell you OU/UT are very scared.  I laugh even harder at that.

OU owns this conference until further notice.  You can say the conference blows but I’m of the opinion it’s right there w the SEC if you don’t look at just the one team at the top.  Metrics/results back me up   

I’ll be the first to admit Texas is well on its way back, if not there already but JFC its like the last decade wandering the desert never happened.  Lol.  Homers gonna be homers.  

You’ve been extra salty lately. Scared of what’s coming?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

1209.gif

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I always forget how fucking stupid you Sooners are, even the “Doc” it appears. 

Let me help you out — I’ll go super slow. What was the impetus for Gundy’s subtweet? 

Texas had just physically whipped the fuck out of an “elite physical football team” - and Ehlinger said “we’re back” a scant few hours after OU was bullied in another humiliating loss. 

With me so far dummies? Here’s the difficult part that you are struggling with. 

The Texas win and OUs loss weren’t just about a single game vs those physical type of opponents - they highlighted a systemic issue for OU and a cultural/systemic change at Texas. This isn’t a one game instance for OU but a trend. It’s happened over and over and over. A trend in which, when facing opponents with comparable talent and depth the lack of physicality makes the Sooners uncompetitive. Everyone wondered for years what Leach could do with OU/Texas talent. Now we know. OU is built to win the conference but it would take a miracle draw for them to even be compete in a playoff game, much less 2 in a row. 

“When Texas was a perennial top 10 team” 

you are so fucking wound up that you don’t even realize you are making my point. Texas was RARELY the more physical team, even in that time period. When Texas was the more physical team ... it won the national title.

I’m heading back out to snowboard but take a break and read your numerous replies. You know that I’m right and you are trying to justify/deflect - which is absolutely what Cale was going for. Not once have you guys even discussed the clear systemic shortcomings at OU because you are spun up about Texas. It’s almost like Gundy’s deflection worked as intended. 

The impetus of the Gundy was making fun of group that gets all worked up after any big victory. Remember how Texas was back after the Notre Dame win?

The question still stands. Back to what? One really good team in 20 years is a pretty low bar I guess.

Edited by Buddy Hinton
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 9

1 minute ago, Buddy Hinton said:

The impetus of the Gundy was making fun of group that gets all worked up after any big victory. Remember how Texas was back after the Notre Dame win?

The question still stands. Back to what? One really good team in 20 years is a pretty low bar I guess.

True. OU was pretty shitty.