OU Recruiting 2019: White Visors and Belly Tats

Machinator

I missed this during vacation but David Ugwoegbu was sent home from the AA game, after being a late addition, for breaking some rule? Sounds like it wasn't a big deal but man that doesn't speak very well to his desire to put football first, that's for sure. If you can't remain focused on football at an AA game for a couple of days, what is 4-5 years on a college campus going to look like? 

Guess I'll xpost this in the Aggy and OU threads ... 

3 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I missed this during vacation but David Ugwoegbu was sent home from the AA game, after being a late addition, for breaking some rule? Sounds like it wasn't a big deal but man that doesn't speak very well to his desire to put football first, that's for sure. If you can't remain focused on football at an AA game for a couple of days, what is 4-5 years on a college campus going to look like? 

Guess I'll xpost this in the Aggy and OU threads ...

That'd align with what the IT guys have said about him - along the lines of "he's not a bad kid, but after vetting him the Texas staff decided not to recruit him."

1 minute ago, Chili dog said:

Didn’t we say that when Baker graduated?

I’ll eat the crow if Riley can do it again but there’s a big fucking difference in a 4th year Kyler Murray and a 2nd year Tanner Mordecai or 1st year Spencer Rattler (who I don’t think is enrolling until the summer). 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Chili dog said:

Didn’t we say that when Baker graduated?

How old was Murray? How highly rated was he as a recruit? How long has he been at OU working under Riley? How experienced was his OL? How experienced will the be next season?

Saying they have a lot to figure out is not saying they will be bad. It’s thinking they won’t be historically good. 

14 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

How old was Murray? How highly rated was he as a recruit? How long has he been at OU working under Riley? How experienced was his OL? How experienced will the be next season?

Saying they have a lot to figure out is not saying they will be bad. It’s thinking they won’t be historically good. 

I agree it’s highly unlikely. I just remember not being concerned about Murray because he didn’t do anything at aggy. Now they’re getting optimistic about Hurts, although I will agree I’ll be shocked if Riley can turn him into a passing threat. 

20 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

I agree it’s highly unlikely. I just remember not being concerned about Murray because he didn’t do anything at aggy. Now they’re getting optimistic about Hurts, although I will agree I’ll be shocked if Riley can turn him into a passing threat. 

Yeah, we all let Kyler’s brief time at A&M cloud our judgement. Turns out that was the only time he wasn’t a badass. 

1 hour ago, Ricky Butler said:

Yeah, we all let Kyler’s brief time at A&M cloud our judgement. Turns out that was the only time he wasn’t a badass. 

So weird that he sucked at aggy then became all world...  Not really. 

No way LR can keep things at THAT level of success.  Even if they get Hurts (likely to Miami) the offense will be a drop off with this Oline.  The hope to try to win the conference and make the playoff is if Grinch can flip a switch on D.  I think the run of conference titles ends this year but long term OU is fine...

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

No way LR can keep things at THAT level of success.  Even if they get Hurts (likely to Miami) the offense will be a drop off with this Oline.  The hope to try to win the conference and make the playoff is if Grinch can flip a switch on D.  I think the run of conference titles ends this year but long term OU is fine...

Exactly. This season was a perfect storm for LR on offense. I fully expect OU to continue to put up big numbers on O, but they won’t be unstoppable the way they were this year. That offense could put incredible stress on defenses because it had so many dynamic pieces and a rock solid OL (that’s allowed to hold with impunity in the Big 12, but that’s another discussion). 

Grinch will bring credibility to the D, and I fully expect Texas and OU to square off twice a year for the foreseeable future, but the offense will look a little more mortal moving forward. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Tramonda Moore would actually be significant if he's gone. I hadn't realized Moore was kicked off the team. OU is going to be interesting next year with a total rebuild on the OL. 

Happened awhile ago. Missing on Cunningham also hurt 

3 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Moore is a hell of a talent but seems like he has a lot of issues. Failed to qualify at OK State and now kicked off the team at OU. 

I bet he would have been in the mix to start at tackle next year. 

if only there was a sign to show OU that players probably wouldn't work out for their program.  Some kind of admission standard.  

On 1/11/2019 at 3:25 PM, ChiTownDoc said:

Agreed, fuck ou had the best O line they ever had and also caught a lot of breaks in 2018 with the Big 12 being down, besides Texas who drastically improved and WVU staying about the same from 2017 to 2018.

ISU had a frosh QB

We were way down at QB and receivers.

ou caught Tech's starter injured.

TCU QB injury.

Obviously none of the above matters but they rode a good wave and won 4 close games by 7, 5, 1, and 3 points with arguably the best QB they ever had. 

Doubt they can replace a mayfield/murray anytime soon and I don't think their D will improve much.

The Big 12 should be improved next year and ou could loose 2-4 games pretty easy in '19.

22 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Perfect. Gives Orlando more chances of beating their asses more than once a year.

Could've sworn that I saw another tweet yesterday saying he wasn't joining the staff and will remain with Mizzu

Edited by Thiefery

2 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Could've sworn that I saw another tweet yesterday saying he wasn't joining the staff and will remain with Mizzu

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Can confirm per a source that Brian Odom turned down an offer to be the linebackers coach at Oklahoma and will stay at <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mizzou?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Mizzou</a>.  <a href="https://twitter.com/FootballScoop?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@FootballScoop</a> was the first to report.</p>&mdash; Gabe DeArmond (@GabeDeArmond) <a href="https://twitter.com/GabeDeArmond/status/1083010488978436096?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 9, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That tweet is 6 days old.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Buddy Hinton said:

They're a Kia dealership now. So probably doesn't carry as much weight as the old days

No show jobs will always carry weight, so will dealer loaners that come with gas station codes. Loaners can come from the used car lot...If you get caught, burn it down and threaten litigation - sooners have cheating on lock down. The state f'n buried a tape where a player broke a girls face, were able to get a transfer to play immediately because of allergies, used depression to get Dusty off almost killing a "friend" with a bat.....its oklahoma we are talking about here.

Edited by Goodman
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Goodman said:

No show jobs will always carry weight, so will dealer loaners that come with gas station codes. Loaners can come from the used car lot...If you get caught, burn it down and threaten litigation - sooners have cheating on lock down. The state f'n buried a tape where a player broke a girls face, were able to get a transfer to play immediately because of allergies, used depression to get Dusty off almost killing a "friend" with a bat.....its oklahoma we are talking about here.

I believe you forgot the one about the guy who kidnapped his girlfriend, assaulted her, and threatened to kill her in the Las Vegas desert with a screwdriver. What does Justin Chaisson have to do to get some respect? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Certainly don't to go off topic because of a joke, but I do have to ask where the bat part of the Dusty D story ever came from? I have only ever noticed it on Shaggy/Surly. Just one of those message board Urban Legends I guess

• Fuck You 5

53 minutes ago, Buddy Hinton said:

Certainly don't to go off topic because of a joke, but I do have to ask where the bat part of the Dusty D story ever came from? I have only ever noticed it on Shaggy/Surly. Just one of those message board Urban Legends I guess

Google you lazy bastard. The "incident" involved a bat to head, roided up. He never learned, in 2010 well after he was done playing he was arrested in Norman again. 

"But Norman police are investigating Dvoracek's role in an incident early last Sunday morning. Sources said Dvoracek and Matt Wilde, 21, his former high school teammate, had been drinking, then argued.

There were indications the incident last weekend wasn't the first for Dvoracek. Other allegations of violence included reports of a fight last March in Norman and in 2002 in Addison, Texas. Also in 2002, the Cleveland County district attorney's office evaluated but declined to pursue a sexual assault complaint filed with OU police against Dvoracek.

Wilde, who was unconscious when he arrived at Norman Regional Hospital, spent five days in intensive care before he was moved to another room Thursday. A hospital spokesman said Friday that Wilde was in "good condition."

1 minute ago, Goodman said:

Google you lazy bastard. The "incident" involved a bat to head, roided up. He never learned, in 2010 well after he was done playing he was arrested in Norman again. 

Forgive him. Sooners don't discuss negative things about their unethical program.

23 minutes ago, Goodman said:

"But Norman police are investigating Dvoracek's role in an incident early last Sunday morning. Sources said Dvoracek and Matt Wilde, 21, his former high school teammate, had been drinking, then argued.

There were indications the incident last weekend wasn't the first for Dvoracek. Other allegations of violence included reports of a fight last March in Norman and in 2002 in Addison, Texas. Also in 2002, the Cleveland County district attorney's office evaluated but declined to pursue a sexual assault complaint filed with OU police against Dvoracek.

Wilde, who was unconscious when he arrived at Norman Regional Hospital, spent five days in intensive care before he was moved to another room Thursday. A hospital spokesman said Friday that Wilde was in "good condition."

Maybe you should try google. Nothing in which you posted says anything about a baseball bat.  The only thing that comes up is from a Hornfans thread. A thread in which the baseball bat incident is debunked. Again complete fabrication when it comes the legend of the baseball bat.

Not sure what all the other stuff had to do with my question. 

Edited by Buddy Hinton

1 hour ago, Buddy Hinton said:

I do have to ask where the bat part of the Dusty D story ever came from?

No, you don't really have to ask. If you were following OU football at the time, then if your values were at all in the right place, you would have been perfectly familiar with all the things he had already done to prove himself a walking pile of feces long before his time in Norman was done. If you were not familiar, it's a pretty damning statement about your values.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

No, you don't really have to ask. If you were following OU football at the time, then if your values were at all in the right place, you would have been perfectly familiar with all the things he had already done to prove himself a walking pile of feces long before his time in Norman was done. If you were not familiar, it's a pretty damning statement about your values.

So all that to say you have no idea either

4 minutes ago, rickyspub said:

While Dusty's weapon of choice may be in doubt, your lack of values isn't.

Good lord. Show me where I defended him or said he shouldn't have been permanently kicked off. Haven't defend one thing about the other incidents that have been brought up.

Dusty punched or pushed his friend from Dallas outside a bar in Norman. Guy hit his head on the curb or concrete. Dusty was drunk asshole bully that is lucky the guy didn't die 

Simply asked, after many years of seeing it, where the baseball bat story came from.

Pretty simple. Wasn't trying to start anything or defend anybody

• Fuck You 3