OU Recruiting 2019: White Visors and Belly Tats

So Riley is taking another SR xfer in AND blocking Austin Kendall's transfer out? Patterson has masturbated furiously to the amount of negative recruiting he can do on that shit. Also, you can bet your ass that one if not both of Mordecai and Rattler will be hitting the portal eject button. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It is generally weird how unprofessional the OU mods are (Alan Heimer is one of them)

DxH_4fJUcAIq2qQ.jpgDxH_5jEVAAAVtOH.jpg

Perroni and Tarpley at least make an effort to disguise their naked hatred of Texas. The blOU mods are more like Liucci/Passwaters in that they don't even bother to hide it. 

21 hours ago, golfclap said:

Also, you can bet your ass that one if not both of Mordecai and Rattler will be hitting the portal eject button. 

I think next year whichever one doesn't win the job transfers. Both probably hang around this year. 

Wait a minute? Oklahoma fans are offended that Texas players and alums might be talking smack about the Sooners?

@ChiTownDoc, come answer for this silliness. I would be offended if Oklahoma players and alums were not talking smack about the Longhorns. Why are there so many pussies in your fanbase all of a sudden?

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Wait a minute? Oklahoma fans are offended that Texas players and alums might be talking smack about the Sooners?

@ChiTownDoc, come answer for this silliness. I would be offended if Oklahoma players and alums were not talking smack about the Longhorns. Why are there so many pussies in your fanbase all of a sudden?

To be fair, discovering the amount of people who get their panties in a twist when an opponent does the horns down wasn't our fanbase's finest hour

Meh, seemed like the prevailing opinion to me was that we only want it called the same both ways. Considering we've been called for taunting by Big 12 refs for both guns down against Tech and actually called for doing the horns up before it's just a matter of calling it the same.

Horns down is OU's official hand sign. Not sure how relevant that is here anyway.

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

To be fair, discovering the amount of people who get their panties in a twist when an opponent does the horns down wasn't our fanbase's finest hour

That whole fracas was the definition of a manufactured controversy. No one cared when Baylor got flagged for doing thumbs-down against A&M back in 2011, but when horns-down gets flagged it's suddenly because big bad UT is pulling the strings behind the Big 12.

10 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Who said it was all of a sudden?

14 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I’m confused.  I only visit dirtburglars and don’t see much of that soft ass shit. 

Last guy nails it.  Texas is Texas.  They’re gonna get theirs.  You’re kind of dense if you think the flagship in the state of Texas needs to shittalk other schools to get players.  Doesn’t mean they won’t, but they sure don’t need to.  So quit crying.  

On 1/16/2019 at 1:21 PM, Magus Ossis said:

The last QB1 to spend his entire collegiate career at OU was Landry Jones, recruiting class of '08.

edit: unless you count Bell or Thomas.

We killed Bell the game he started in Dallas.  Stoops inexplicably came out throwing and ol BellDozer was out classed by the Derp.

On 1/24/2019 at 7:45 PM, jdhorn92 said:

We killed Bell the game he started in Dallas.  Stoops inexplicably came out throwing and ol BellDozer was out classed by the Derp.

Just remember that Stoops is also the guy who had Adrian Peterson standing stationary next to the QB waiting to take the handoff. 

Obviously more focused on our beloved Horns so I just looked at the quasi-final ranking for OU.

Impressive overall but skewed heavily to the offense - just like you'd expect from Riley.  Top 5 and 6 of the top 7 recruits are on the offensive side of the ball.  Of the 10 lowest rated, only RB2 and a couple OL are offensive players and OL tend to be undervalued by recruiting services.

If you look back a couple of years, OU's 2019 class has much less balance than 2018 and 2017 between the offense and defense.  The recruiting bias towards the offense is getting bigger.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Obviously more focused on our beloved Horns so I just looked at the quasi-final ranking for OU.

Impressive overall but skewed heavily to the offense - just like you'd expect from Riley.  Top 5 and 6 of the top 7 recruits are on the offensive side of the ball.  Of the 10 lowest rated, only RB2 and a couple OL are offensive players and OL tend to be undervalued by recruiting services.

If you look back a couple of years, OU's 2019 class has much less balance than 2018 and 2017 between the offense and defense.  The recruiting bias towards the offense is getting bigger.

Sounds like good news for Texas' power spread offense paired with a defense that has better players & coaching. 

tenor.gif

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

32 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Using Rivals - OU signed 16 4/5 Star players - 8 offense & 8 on defense. 13 of the 24 currently are defensive recruits

• Fuck You 5

5 minutes ago, Buddy Hinton said:

Using Rivals - OU signed 16 4/5 Star players - 8 offense & 8 on defense. 13 of the 24 currently are defensive recruits

Aaaaaand, I"m just going to stop you there.

Go look at the composite and calculate (if you're able to with that Oklahoma education) the average score of all offensive and defensive recruits and let us know what the numbers are. Or, even if you want to limit it to only 4 and 5 stars, do the same and then come tell us what the average is. It's cute that you changed to just generic 4/5 stars, but the 11th overall player in the country and the 358th overall player in the country are not equal, and I'm pretty sure even you could figure that out. But nice try. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

5 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Aaaaaand, I"m just going to stop you there.

Go look at the composite and calculate (if you're able to with that Oklahoma education) the average score of all offensive and defensive recruits and let us know what the numbers are. Or, even if you want to limit it to only 4 and 5 stars, do the same and then come tell us what the average is. It's cute that you changed to just generic 4/5 stars, but the 11th overall player in the country and the 358th overall player in the country are not equal. 

So because OU signed 4 5 stars on offense they somehow are neglecting the defensive side of the ball?

No doubt for OU its easier to sign to the high profile offensive players. Hell I would be leery of that shit show on that side of the ball too. Signing what they did without a Def Co and getting rid of half their staff was pretty remarkable. The kids signed with faith in Riley. The DB's & LB's had no idea who was going to be their coach

• Fuck You 4

Just now, Buddy Hinton said:

In my experience, Rivals & 247 are pretty similar. 2019 they appear about the same.

I personally don't pay as much attention to 247 because the OU 247 site sucks. They employed James Hale until recently  

It's not about the writing, it's about the rankings. The 247 Composite mixes them all together and tends to be the most accurate. All three services tend to have weird outliers based on which reporters have the most energy/pull.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Buddy Hinton said:

Wow you're stupid or just self-deluded.  Highest ranked OU defensive recruits:

2017: 0.9607 rated #83 nationally (#10 CB), 0.9574 rated #92 nationally (#12 S)

2018: 0.9807 rated #38 nationally (# 5 CB), 0.9666 rated #66 nationally (#5 WDE), 0.9638 rated #72 nationally (#4 DT), 0.9541 rated #101 nationally (#5 SDE)

2019: ZERO defenders recruited from the national top 100 players; ZERO rated 0.9500 or above by 247.  Highest ranked was 0.9359 rated #151 nationally (#14 S).  Next was 0.9255 rated #189 nationally (#22 CB).

So OU goes from 2 and 4 national top 100 defensive recruits to ZERO in the top 150.  You can ignore it but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.  Big difference between top 50-100 guys and the next 100 - especially when there is a drop in numbers of quality players as well as overall average.  The OU offensive recruiting class is impressive as hell.  The defense, not so much. 

5 minutes ago, Buddy Hinton said:

In my experience, Rivals & 247 are pretty similar. 2019 they appear about the same.

I personally don't pay as much attention to 247 because the OU 247 site sucks. They employed James Hale until recently  

We use the composite, not the individual rankings.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Buddy Hinton said:

So because OU signed 4 5 stars on offense they somehow are neglecting the defensive side of the ball?

No doubt for OU its easier to sign to the high profile offensive players. Hell I would be leery of that shit show on that side of the ball too. Signing what they did without a Def Co and getting rid of half their staff was pretty remarkable. The kids signed with faith in Riley. The DB's & LB's had no idea who was going to be their coach

You signed 3. I"m not surprised you use Rivals because they always show the most bias towards OU, but use the composite. There's really no reason to use any other rating.

You can say neglect, firing the DC, or whatever other excuse you want. OU's defensive class was nothing special and not even near the quality needed to win a title by any means. 3 of your 8 4-stars were outside the top 300 and Stripling was a guy that basically everyone in the region passed on, or at least didn't deem worthy of recruiting hard. All your DBs are under 6 feet. By all means, keep recruiting these kind of defensive classes. We're all for it. 

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

You signed 3. I"m not surprised you use Rivals because they always show the most bias towards OU, but use the composite. There's really no reason to use any other rating.

You can say neglect, firing the DC, or whatever other excuse you want. OU's defensive class was nothing special and not even near the quality needed to win a title by any means. 3 of your 8 4-stars were outside the top 300 and Stripling was a guy that basically everyone in the region passed on, or at least didn't deem worthy of recruiting hard. All your DBs are under 6 feet. By all means, keep recruiting these kind of defensive classes. We're all for it. 

The only defensive recruit they signed this year that I'd take is Marcus Hicks and that's it.

I keep reading OU fans talking about how it should be no problem to field an "average" defense and win an NC.  The problem is that offense really lends itself to sub-par defense.  The only time I've ever seen any form of the Air Raid matched with elite defense was the early Stoops years when the rest of the football world was running 2 back, 3 yds and a cloud of dust offenses.  Much easier to get off the field by crowding the box against those schemes.

Today competent, modern offenses are fairly widespread and that is much harder.  Even Riley's variant tends to either score quickly or give the ball back quickly.  Against WVU, that forced OU's defense to play 55 snaps - in the FIRST HALF.  41 first half snaps vs Bama and Okie Lite.  As long as OU runs that offense a good defense will look sub-par and a below average one will look terrible.  It will take a really good defense just to look average when paired with Lincoln Riley's offense and the results are not going to attract top level defensive talent in approximately the same degree that it draws WR and QB recruits.