OU Recruiting 2019: White Visors and Belly Tats

Machinator

3 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

I think he meant to say amuse-bouche, because watching OU implode is going to be delicious.

Unlike aggy, OU has an excellent track record of not letting their players' off-field shenanigans impact their play on the field. And I haaaate them for it.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Unlike aggy, OU has an excellent track record of not letting their players' off-field shenanigans impact their play on the field. And I haaaate them for it.

Much as this is true, if the stuff swirling around Brooks is that bad, I want zero part of it as an OU fan.  Someone being a bit of a bonehead or being unreliable is one thing, but, jeez.

You would think losing Hale would be a big upgrade but the new guy they added is horrible. I think his name is  Brandon Drumm. He reminds me a lot of Liucci but from an OU perspective. 

He was the only guy at TFB I couldn't stand. 

Drumm is at least literate so that should be an upgrade on some level. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

You would think losing Hale would be a big upgrade but the new guy they added is horrible. I think his name is  Brandon Drumm. He reminds me a lot of Liucci but from an OU perspective. 

They also hired RJ Young who built his own thing via YouTube.  He seems like a good enough dude.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

So James Hale received the Taylor Hamm treatment from 247bc7ad2d3da52614e47d1275b61710e80.jpgd12117cf97cb0bfc9046fca069d6abfb.jpg

"This should never have happened.  It's a miracle James even got parole in the first place.  He should probably still be in prison."--kmw1942, probably.

4 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

He's one of the worst homers I've ever come across 

6 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

LOLOL at Hale "deciding" to leave, after having to apologize a few weeks ago for getting into online temper tantum fights with subscribers.

Maybe Rush Hannigan should look into expanding his new aggy shithole site.

They could rename it Hamm, Hale and Hempstead.  

Drumm Beat - ChamUBBQ Visitors.Possible offers.Secrets revealed

2 hours agoVIP

- You want the secrets?!!!! You can't handle the secrets!?

Seriously, was told another site named the visitor so, here it is.... 2019 Flower Mound (TX) four star LB Marcel Brooks.

The odds of Brooks still visiting is slim, due to his ride falling through, but I was told there is still a chance- as I reported the same last night.

Brooks is committed to LSU, but there is a growing sentiment that his mom may want him a little closer to home. Will that be the case when/if Brooks ever makes it to Norman? That is left to be seen, but OU and Brooks are real thing right now. The logistics of the visit just have to work out.

I'll keep you up to date on if Brooks makes it down or not.

- Speaking of ChampUBBQ visitors. I spoke with 2020 Bowling Green (KY) four star safety, Vito Tisdale, a bit today.

If that name sounds familiar- it should. Tisdale is the relative of none other than the great Wayman Tisdale. Tisdale is also really close with 2019 DB commit, Woodi Washington, saying, "That's my big brother right there. He really wants me to join that Sooner family."

Vito is really looking in forward to his visit to Norman, "With me being related to Wayman I know all about the Oklahoma."

This is a kid that will see his offers really blow up over the next year or so. Oklahoma getting him on campus is a big deal and will allow them to really play off him being related to a Sooner great.

I'm set to talk with Vito after the BBQ and should know much more then.

-Sooners 2019 DB target, Jeffrey Carter, announced on Twitter that he is visiting Texas A&M today. He also says it is "100 percent certain" he will be in Norman tomorrow for the ChampUBBQ.

Oklahoma is surging here, so this is really an effort by the Gigem to keep him from Norman, in my opinion. Plus, this really isn't an event being held by A&M, I'm told. It's the 2019 class getting together and doing some sort of pool party.

I'll believe Carter to be in Norman when I see it- so this is one I'll follow all day tomorrow. If he does make it Norman it could very well be good news for OU. If not, I think the writing is on the wall for Gigem.

- Oklahoma is hosting 2019 Tomball (TX) TE, Logan Compton, today.

Compton says that he and Sooners TE coach Shane Beamer have gotten to know each other quite well, "I talk to Coach Beamer everyday. He is always checking up on me and seeing how I am doing. We have been building a great relationship and he is just a great guy."

Compton says that OU and him haven't talked about an offer, but if they do they will be in his "top two, along with Baylor".

I asked Compton about the offer and if he would commit on the spot if it happened, "I really have to see how the visit goes, you know?"

Compton is slated to visit Oklahoma State tomorrow with no other visits planned until after the season starts up.

2 minutes ago, rickyspub said:

I believe he is crying because said player reneged on OU's purchase price and took another offer.

Well their fault for not knowing the market then.  Same thing when they outbid us for Marcus Dupree.  We thought a pair of boots would seal the deal.  In fact it required a double wide for Mama.

45 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Carter's dad is going to be a fun one to watch over the next year or two. ATM better not fuck around with the money on that guy, I know that. The money better be right and on time. 

That's where I think it'll all fall apart over time for aggie, no way to keep the entitled HS kids/fam/street agents within budget. Once one gets a "bonus or advance pay" they will talk about it and others will want the same treatment and when the mess is too big to clean...they'll attempt to turn the staff over except this time they are working with jimbo who will burn it down before being run out of town. The RRCC "love letter" to stumblin will seem like checkers.