wc day 13 :: reservoir dog

Hagbard Celine

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

The rule (law of the game):

An intentional handball anywhere on the pitch is a straight red.  PKs on handballs are given all the time without a red.  The "intent" is allowing your arm to be in an unnatural position where it's likely to be hit.

I don't think that's the case here, as his arm was up for balance while jumping.  And the better argument was that it came off his head first.

But the broadcasters are talking as if the "I didn't hit the ball with my arm on purpose!" defense matters.  It does not.  Get your arms down by your side so it's part of your body, or it can be called.

Edited by TexArcher

This ref is actually pretty good. (Even though I didn't like the Mascherano foul for the penalty.)

Handing out a yellow for a foul that he didn't whistle so that the advantage could continue should be a regular practice.

Messi with the hustle!

Edited by Napoleon

10 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

7gwzi1sbge611.jpg

All class.

I've seen where Diego grew up and it is a slum on the edge of the river that even today has a hard dirt field for the local league games to be played.

You can take the player out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the guy.

Mascherano's bloody face is just awesome!

A warrior for real!