wc day 13 :: reservoir dog

Hagbard Celine

1 hour ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

Just in case you forgot, Andres Cantor is Argentine and was pretty excited during his call of the second goal.

One of his color sidekicks is Juan Pablo Sorín, who was the captain of the 2006 Argentina team.

I don't know if that was the guy who spoke at the end or the third guy, but the booth kind of had a favorite in this match.

EDIT: I think that the third guy in the booth might have been Eduardo Biscayart, who it turns out is also from Argentina.

Edited by Napoleon

On 6/26/2018 at 1:20 PM, sidis said:

i've been thinking a lot about france's bizarre look so far...part of me wonders if they have been just playing on cruise control so far and not pressing hard yet because of the 2016 euros.  they absolutely blasted through the euros all the way to the final against portugal and they looked absolutely gassed in that game and lost at home to a ronaldo-less portugal team in humiliating fashion.  part of me thinks they are reserving.

on the other hand, in all honesty, they haven't really looked very good as a squad since they destroyed iceland in euro 2016...not even in friendlies.

Today’s result somewhat supports my contention. First time challenged, they explode with speed and offensive skill.