2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

i haven't seen pete's dog's ig acct, but pet accts written in the first person really grind my gears.

if you want to post fun pics and videos, fine, my wife will likely follow you.  but don't pretend the dog is on social media sharing his thoughts.  over the line.

On 6/26/2019 at 4:34 PM, bad_teammate said:

This cartoon, lol fuck

218281.jpg

Yang is the laziest racist thing 

Biden's dice are crooked-- should have 3 and 4 on opposite sides. These appear doctored to roll more 7s.

Can't believe we got Racis' Corey but no Castro in a lowrider saying "Ese..."

Political cartoons generally suck. This one sucks too, but I'll give credit for packing in more hidden messages than on an Illuminati's dollar bill.

The part of me that's rational: "Polling is largely useless in general, but especially as a "quick reaction" to an event that just happened."
The part of me that hates Joe: "MORE BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!"

16 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

horribly misleading.

trump had already been a celebrity for 25 years.  let's not act like he's marianne williamson.

Marianne is an interstellar goddess and once the rift gate opens we will realize that she's been Space Empress all along

but really it's just us, we are Marianne and we are the empress

then a child laughs, bright

innocent

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/27/2019 at 3:45 PM, Bama Chick said:

PS - the Beto dog Twitter is run by a fangirl, just like the Beto Spotify one.

Mayor Pete is the only candidate I know of that actually has an official Twitter account for his dogs.

Dammit. Pete lost my vote now. 

so there are apparently a few other semi-recent instances in interviews where this exact thing has "tripped" her up.  like literally this exact topic.

either she has some weird mental block with it, or is flip-flopping depending on her mood.

the whole "i misheard the question" worked for last night, but doesn't really hold water with the other 2-3x this has happened.  very odd.

11 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

so there are apparently a few other semi-recent instances in interviews where this exact thing has "tripped" her up.  like literally this exact topic.

either she has some weird mental block with it, or is flip-flopping depending on her mood.

the whole "i misheard the question" worked for last night, but doesn't really hold water with the other 2-3x this has happened.  very odd.

I guess they told her to change her mind, or just lie 

1/29/19

(CNN) — California Sen. Kamala Harris fully embraced "Medicare-for-all" single payer health insurance at a CNN town hall Monday and said she's willing to end private insurance to make it happen.
"We need to have Medicare-for-all," Harris told a questioner in the audience, noting it's something she feels "very strongly" about.
When pressed by CNN's Jake Tapper if that means eliminating private insurance, the senator answered affirmatively, saying she would be OK with cutting insurers out of the mix. She also accused them of thinking only of their bottom lines and of burdening Americans with paperwork and approval processes.
"The idea is everyone gets access to medical care," she responded when Tapper asked if people who like their insurance would get to keep it.

So does Joe have a hard floor of 30ish percent? Or are we and the very online folks overstating his flubs because we don't like him?

Either way, I hate it. It feels to me like everyone else is competing for 70% of the pie. And Bernie probably has a hard floor of 15ish. We need to coalesce behind 1 or 2 of the alternatives before the new year and some of these scrubs with no chance need to GTFO

Speaking of BT and aneurysm...how the fuck did Symone Sanders go from Bernie to Biden?  That's quite the switcharoo. 
I'm sure my reaction to that is somewhere here but yeah that one legit boiled my brain.

It just looks like such naked careerism and it makes me sad.

8 hours ago, tucker said:

We welcome you to the Liz fan club but please dump old man Bernie

You have to recognize the teams involved if you actually care about Liz's message and goals instead of the personality and identity of being a fan. Bernie and Liz are on a team against a LOT of powerful forces.

The way to beat Trump is to motivate the people who stayed home in 2016.

Non-voters were younger than the voters and less white than the voters.

The old people will turn out because that's just what they do. The young people and people of color need to be motivated.

Registered Voters Who Stayed Home Probably Cost Clinton the Election

More harmful for Clinton was which young voters stayed home: minorities. Among white voters, voters 18-29 years old made up 30 percent of voters who did not participate in the November election. Among young Hispanic voters, that climbs to 43 percent. Among young black voters, it was an even higher 46 percent. That generally matches the findings of the voter data released in some Southern states showing that young black voters were especially likely to stay home in this election. Younger black voters were far more likely to support Bernie Sanders in the primary, suggesting that there simply was not the enthusiasm for Clinton’s candidacy as there was for Obama’s in 2012. Clinton’s favorable rating, for instance, was about 10 percentage points lower among the youngest black voters compared to the oldest black voters in the SurveyMonkey poll.

14 hours ago, BradInATX said:

So does Joe have a hard floor of 30ish percent? Or are we and the very online folks overstating his flubs because we don't like him?

Either way, I hate it. It feels to me like everyone else is competing for 70% of the pie. And Bernie probably has a hard floor of 15ish. We need to coalesce behind 1 or 2 of the alternatives before the new year and some of these scrubs with no chance need to GTFO

no i think those numbers are soft. he’s been leaking since he announced and had a really bad week. it’s way too soon for his team to be running around defending him. he’s in trouble. 

9 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I was team Harris before and even more now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This surprises me.  She strikes me as Biden in a brown female wrapper.  The sound bites I heard, while dramatic, were ultimately awkward.  I don't believe she has an original idea running around in her head.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I was team Harris before and even more now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She might be the perfect candidate for me, if I actually believed the things she says.  But I think she's only playing progressive for the primary, and we'd see a sharp swing to the center if she became president.  Which may be what appeals to you, but it is not my preference.  Still, she's a top 5 candidate for me based on other attributes.

26 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Republicans and libertarians: "I already sunk my own boat why won't you let me sink yours!?!?!?!"

Democrats, "We need our politics and our policies to be more like Europe."

Independents, Libertarians, and members of other parties, "So, myriad parties across the spectrum to more truly represent the nuanced beliefs of a very large and diverse nation like ours?  Perhaps a coalition styled parliamentarian system like the Europe model you so ostensibly endorse?"  

Democrats, "No, no other parties.  Not even the GOP.  Just one party to rule them all.  That's the European model!"  

Rest of us, "Uh, it's not.  And last time they tried that...Welp..."  

49 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

This surprises me.  She strikes me as Biden in a brown female wrapper.  The sound bites I heard, while dramatic, were ultimately awkward.  I don't believe she has an original idea running around in her head.

it was also put on a very specific tee for her.

1. biden makes comments linking him to segregationists

2. old speeches surface showing biden to be 'anti-busing' 

3. kamala is mixed race and busing was a part of her childhood education

when all of this was brought to her attention leading up to the first debates, she probably almost stopped breathing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Democrats, "We need our politics and our policies to be more like Europe."

Independents, Libertarians, and members of other parties, "So, myriad parties across the spectrum to more truly represent the nuanced beliefs of a very large and diverse nation like ours?  Perhaps a coalition styled parliamentarian system like the Europe model you so ostensibly endorse?"  

Democrats, "No, no other parties.  Not even the GOP.  Just one party to rule them all.  That's the European model!"  

Rest of us, "Uh, it's not.  And last time they tried that...Welp..."  

Democrats: "Everyone should have healthcare, regardless of wealth or immigration status."

Genius Centrists: "You guys are Nazis."

Democrats: "Everyone should have healthcare, regardless of wealth or immigration status." Genius Centrists: "You guys are Nazis."

The problem with progressive maximalists is that they imagine that the only way to accomplish universal healthcare is to adopt a system that literally every country in the western world that ever had it abandoned.

The idea of completely eliminating the private insurance sector from healthcare in our country is as ridiculous and unrealistic as the deporting every undocumented immigrant and building a wall from sea to sea.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

The problem with progressive maximalists is that they imagine that the only way to accomplish universal healthcare is to adopt a system that literally every country in the western world that ever had it abandoned.

wat?

The idea of completely eliminating the private insurance sector from healthcare in our country is as ridiculous and unrealistic as the deporting every undocumented immigrant and building a wall from sea to sea.

Who advocates completely eliminating the private insurance sector from healthcare in our country?