2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

The problem with Buttigieg is how naive he is that he can just go in with this kumbaya work together shit and expect republicans to go along with it. After they recover from the Trump Presidency, they'll refocus on undermining the democratic president. They would eat Pete alive. He's Obama's middle-way technocratic bullshit in a smaller gayer package. Without the same transcendent personal narrative that made Obama a transformative personality, if not a transformative President. 

Edited by horncyclist
  • Like 1

I can see what Pete says and does.  That’s mainly why I don’t like him. 

ETA:  To elaborate, Pete came out of the gate saying all the right things like how democrats need to stop falling for Republican talking points/framing and how the the Dems need to take back the narrative. 

Six months later he’s gay Mitt Romney because it plays better. 

The worst part is Pete is smart and knows exactly what he’s doing.  

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I can see what Pete says and does.  That’s mainly why I don’t like him. 

ETA:  To elaborate, Pete came out of the gate saying all the right things like how democrats need to stop falling for Republican talking points/framing and how the the Dems need to take back the narrative. 

Six months later he’s gay Mitt Romney because it plays better. 

The worst part is Pete is smart and knows exactly what he’s doing.  

The worst part is it's so easy to see how far down the Warren rabbit hole on Twitter you've gone. I bet you follow grifters like Ryan Knight (user name @ProudResister LOL!)

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I can tell you exactly why I support Warren but can you make the case for Pete?  I’m dying to hear it.  

Reasonable healthcare reform, wants to legalize marijuana, want to decriminalize all drugs, anti-EC, wants more Constitutional amendments, get rid of Trumps tax cuts, free college for lower income families, foreign policy experience and knowledge.

He proposes a lot of progressive policy (not as hardcore as Bernie and Warren obviously) without using tone or language that is going to war with half of the country. What Trump has done is basically psychological warfare on Americans, and I think Pete is the best option to navigate us to some sort of civility moving forward. It will be really fucking hard. I see him as the only one that can do it.

My top 3 candidates are Pete, Warren, and Bernie.  If Pete's not the candidate, then I'd rather go for the big change candidates. I don't believe in going back to normal.

On Twitter, Warren and Bernie (and Beto, and Harris, and Castro, lol) supporters fucking HATE Buttigieg. That animosity is not reciprocated by the vast majority Pete supporters. I wonder why. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Reasonable healthcare reform, wants to legalize marijuana, want to decriminalize all drugs, anti-EC, wants more Constitutional amendments, get rid of Trumps tax cuts, free college for lower income families, foreign policy experience and knowledge.

He proposes a lot of progressive policy (not as hardcore as Bernie and Warren obviously) without using tone or language that is going to war with half of the country. What Trump has done is basically psychological warfare on Americans, and I think Pete is the best option to navigate us to some sort of civility moving forward. It will be really fucking hard. I see him as the only one that can do it.

My top 3 candidates are Pete, Warren, and Bernie.  If Pete's not the candidate, then I'd rather go for the big change candidates. I don't believe in going back to normal.

So you like Pete for policy reasons and his soft approach to unity.  That’s cool but you used be pretty hardcore about not pandering to the Trumpublicans.  Perhaps Pete showed you a better way but I think old Hank had it right before Pete came along. 

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

On Twitter, Warren and Bernie (and Beto, and Harris, and Castro, lol) supporters fucking HATE Buttigieg. That animosity is not reciprocated by the vast majority Pete supporters. I wonder why. 

They hate Pete because he went negative running attack ads on Bernie and Warren who have been genuinely fighting for working families since Pete was in diapers.  He showed his true colors and a lot of people felt burned by Pete, myself included. 

Pete brought it on himself. 

That you can’t see that is remarkable. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

53 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

So you like Pete for policy reasons and his soft approach to unity.  That’s cool but you used be pretty hardcore about not pandering to the Trumpublicans.  Perhaps Pete showed you a better way but I think old Hank had it right before Pete came along. 

They hate Pete because he went negative running attack ads on Bernie and Warren who have been genuinely fighting for working families since Pete was in diapers.  He showed his true colors and a lot of people felt burned by Pete, myself included. 

He's not pandering to Trumpublicans. This is a BS talking point. He's welcoming Republicans "with a conscience".  He is not going to talk negatively about voters, but he will (and has repeatedly) called out Republicans in Congress.

Yes, Pete has brought this whole contending in Iowa and moving up in the polls with high favorability on himself. What a dumbass.  He had a clear path to the nomination with 0% name recognition 8 months ago and is fucking it up in real time. 

However, I do appreciate the chess-master level sleight of hand Pete has pulled off.  Pete got a platform on the early media tour by saying things that don’t normally get said on cable news. He was provocative enough to keep people listening and wanting more.  He has built an effective campaign off that early media access.  He made the most for himself out of his position.  Props.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

How is Pete going to pay for Medicare for everyone who will Want It?

How is Pete going to guarantee my health insurance choices remain available under his plan?

On the #1 issue, he's fundamentally dishonest and he uses right-wing talking points ("LEFTISTS WANT TO STEAL YOUR CHOICES!") that are also lies. His supporters can't even really deny it or deal with it.

---

As for women and minority candidates being furious about a white guy with zero track record getting attention over them... uh... think about it for a few seconds.

The Pete Buttigieg campaign is white identity politics for NPR liberals.

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

BREAKING: DC establishment candidates pissed that young, bright outsider has better organizational and campaign skills. 

A small part of me wants Pete to jump to front runner just to see the rest of the field go dracarys on him in a debate.  Pete isn’t going to get that test though because he’s too adorable. 

14 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

A small part of me wants Pete to jump to front runner just to see the rest of the field go dracarys on him in a debate.  Pete isn’t going to get that test though because he’s too adorable. 

You're turning into b_t, as it pertains to Pete.  Take a fucking chill pill. 

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You’re right I am way too concerned with Pete.  I see Pete as a prelude to what our politics is going to look like in ten or twenty years and it’s irritating. 

Pete is a bargain-basement Obama. It's fucking depressing.

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

sick burn. warren has already taken a couple casual pokes. nothing vicious like pete’s attack ads though. 

How is Pete going to guarantee my health insurance choices remain available under his plan?

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

Pete knows all the data driven pressure points to hit to maximize the likelihood of success.  I know these techniques have been around for decades but I’ve never seen someone wield them so effectively.  He’s extraordinarily talented. 

43 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

how is bernie going to get his version of m4a passed?

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

pete should’ve positioned himself to finish 3rd on progressive voters’ ballots.  at least he would be more likable to the hugos of the world. 

how dare he try to differentiate himself to try to get votes. 

18 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

how is bernie going to get his version of m4a passed?

- Motivating voters nationwide to bring in Democratic majorities in the Senate and House.
- Pushing Senate Dems to change the Senate's filibuster rules to allow simple majority passage of legislation.
- Using the bully pulpit as president to pressure Congresspeople ~*~ on both sides ~*~ to support the legislation.

Will it definitely work? Nope, but it's an open and honest plan that he talks about constantly.

Can you answer my questions now?

33 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Compromise?  Because that’s what we need to succeed in a democracy.

Compromise is what you do to try and get votes for legislation in Congress as you deal directly with amenable Congresspeople who might vote your way.

If Pete's actual goal is single-payer healthcare, who is Pete compromising with right now? (Please answer this question.)

15 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

pete should’ve positioned himself to finish 3rd on progressive voters’ ballots.  at least he would be more likable to the hugos of the world. 

how dare he try to differentiate himself to try to get votes. 

He is free to differentiate himself from actual progressives by using Republican talking points against single-payer healthcare.

He is free to use white professional class identity signifiers to gather a ton of eager white NPR voters who want to protect their wealth and vampiric industries.

He is free to insinuate/openly say that minorities don't like him because minorities are homophobic.

We are free to say out loud that he's doing those things.

FREEDOM! 

source.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

- Motivating voters nationwide to bring in Democratic majorities in the Senate and House.
- Pushing Senate Dems to change the Senate's filibuster rules to allow simple majority passage of legislation.
- Using the bully pulpit as president to pressure Congresspeople ~*~ on both sides ~*~ to support the legislation.

Will it definitely work? Nope, but it's an open and honest plan that he talks about constantly.

Can you answer my questions now?

Compromise is what you do to try and get votes for legislation in Congress as you deal directly with amenable Congresspeople who might vote your way.

If Pete's actual goal is single-payer healthcare, who is Pete compromising with right now? (Please answer this question.)

He is free to differentiate himself from actual progressives by using Republican talking points against single-payer healthcare.

He is free to use white professional class identity signifiers to gather a ton of eager white NPR voters who want to protect their wealth and vampiric industries.

He is free to insinuate/openly say that minorities don't like him because minorities are homophobic.

We are free to say out loud that he's doing those things.

FREEDOM! 

source.gif

pro-tip: consider decaf a couple days a week. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Compromise?  Because that’s what we need to succeed in a democracy.

Punching left on healthcare in a Democratic primary isn’t compromising, it’s counterproductive to any advocate of a single payer healthcare system.  

Every other developed country on earth has figured out healthcare better than the United States partially because guys like Pete throw cold water all over movements pushing for a real long term solution. All in the name of political expediency. 

The #1 issue among voters in a first world country should not be basic healthcare coverage.  The voters in Germany don’t concern themselves with prehistoric problems like healthcare.  They’re voting on climate change instead. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz