2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Completely outrageous that the current frontrunner in Iowa is getting more media coverage than one whose campaign is essentially DOA. While we're at it, let's talk about the fact that the media mentions that Warren is a woman much more than they do Klobuchar.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I think Booker and Klob need for Biden to self-destruct if they want to get any purchase. 

I'm a bit surprised about Booker's inability to catch any wind at all.  He and Klob haven't taken any hard positions, it seems, and that may explain it.  But I thought one of them by now would be drafting comfortably and about ready to pounce. 

"Is it hard being a genius?" you ask, batting your eyelashes in wonderment.

"Well, it certainly isn't easy," I answer as my chair breaks and my pants fall down around my ankles trapping me in a tangle of pants and broken chair, my giant ass exposed as a series of laughing women slap it with their purses and I begin weeping.

• Like 2

Completely outrageous that the current frontrunner in Iowa is getting more media coverage than one whose campaign is essentially DOA. While we're at it, let's talk about the fact that the media mentions that Warren is a woman much more than they do Klobuchar.

Except those numbers are from all of 2019 - Pete has only been the Iowa front runner for like a week.

And hard to imagine all that fawning coverage could be WHY he is suddenly the front runner in lily white Iowa and why candidates like Booker aren’t.

Truly a puzzle.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Except those numbers are from all of 2019 - Pete has only been the Iowa front runner for like a week.

And hard to imagine all that fawning coverage could be WHY he is suddenly the front runner in lily white Iowa and why candidates like Booker aren’t.

Truly a puzzle.

Pete has been well ahead of Booker for pretty much the entire time. Booker was always a nonstarter that was never going to get media coverage, and it had nothing to do with his race.

Edited by BradInATX

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

Wednesday’s Democratic debate will feature 10 candidates, each attempting to persuade the public that theirs is the best vision for the country. During the 2020 primary, The Washington Post has asked each Democratic candidate where they stand on more than 70 policy questions.

Now, it’s your turn to answer. Below are 10 questions we found particularly interesting, mostly because they reveal big differences between the candidates. We haven’t asked the campaigns about every topic, but this selection tries to cover a wide range of issues. Answer as many as you like.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/policy-2020/quiz-which-candidate-agrees-with-me/

Capture.png

No surprises here. I was a Bernie Bro before Bernie was.

Bernie-bro.JPG

• Like 1

Pete actively seeked out media coverage and went on TV as much as possible. It was part of his campaign strategy as a person with, you know, 0% name recognition entering the race in late January. He continues to give tons of access to reporters while traveling through Iowa and NH.

If anything he’s doing everyone a favor by exposing how shitty the media strategy has been for lesser campaigns. They could have done the same thing, but decided otherwise.

24 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I tried to warn y'all about Buttigieg like 6 months ago.

*tea sipping meme from like a year ago*

Just went back through the first five pages of the of the Buttigieg thread and no one was warning anyone about him.  You seemed pretty stoked he was a big Bernie fan in high school.  You were more skeptical than most but an initial fan like all of us. 

It was depressing to read how everyone was on the Pete train seven months ago before Pete was weaponized to take out the left.  The only conclusion I can make is Pete is really really good at the game. Like Ted Cruz level good. 

14 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

WTF? I got Pete at 7 and Yang at5. Fuck this, I want Liz, even though I dont see eye to eye about everything. 

You mean a carefully crafted 10 question survey from a newspaper owned by Jeff Bezos didn’t produce the Elizabeth Warren answer you were looking for?   I am shocked. 

That quiz is dumb if for the only reason that not all the candidates have answers to every question. 

But it is a good way to know where some of the candidates stand.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You mean a carefully crafted 10 question survey from a newspaper owned by Jeff Bezos didn’t produce the Elizabeth Warren answer you were looking for?   I am shocked. 

That survey is fucking stupid if for the only reason that not all the candidates have answers to every question. 

Well, not to mention several of them ought to have at least five or six possible answers. Life isn't black and white. Well, unless you're Pete.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Just went back through the first five pages of the of the Buttigieg thread and no one was warning anyone about him.  You seemed pretty stoked he was a big Bernie fan in high school.  You were more skeptical than most but an initial fan like all of us. 

The worm started turning for me in March. So 8 months ago I started trying to warn y'all to be skeptical of this as/inspirational young man.

Also, pointing out the gendered/racial part of designating Pete as the "smart" candidate" many moons (relatively) ago.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The worm started turning for me in March. So 8 months ago I started trying to warn y'all to be skeptical of this as/inspirational young man.

Yeah, that was a good post on page 9 but you warn about everyone except Bernard which makes your assessments seem concern trollish.  Don’t take it personally, I have the same problem too because of my own bias.

Point was we were all kind of blow away by Pete in the beginning which isn’t great.

Good thing we have a long primary process to vet these guys. 

On 11/16/2019 at 11:03 AM, bad_teammate said:

MY LEGACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obama was such a disappointment.  He came in preaching change and just rolled over the last part of his presidency.  He was a solid president, but he changed little, after talking such a big game in 2008. Obamacare was even a Republican plan previously. The only guy who went to jail for the financial crisis was a whistle-blower. Good luck seeing anyone from the financial sector do that again.

IMO, If you want major change, don't vote for any candidate that got a degree from an Ivy League school. The connections they make there are exactly the people who will be hurt most by changes to help the majority of Americans.  Lately, that is where almost all our presidents have attended. Previously they came from a much wider variety of schools. Since 1988, all our presidents received a degree from an Ivy league school: Trump (Penn), Obama (Columbia and Yale), Bush II (Yale and Harvard), Clinton (Yale), and Bush I (Yale). During that time we have been in several wars, income equality has risen steeply, the money floodgates were opened for the rich and corporations to heavily influence our elections, banking regulations were weakened and not enforced properly, taxes keep getting lowered on the rich and corporations, etc. 

• Like 1

Obama is kind of like the Democratic version of Ronald Reagan.  He’s a mythical figure inside the party and many of his failures got swept under the rug. 

Like Reagan, Obama hit it out of the park with the rhetoric but the policy didn’t add up at all. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Obama is kind of like the Democratic version of Ronald Reagan.  He’s a mythical figure inside the party and many of his failures get swept under the rug. 

Like Reagan, Obama hit it out of the park with the rhetoric but the policy didn’t add up at all. 

Ronald Reagan is probably the worst president since Andrew Jackson, and his economic policies are in the middle of completely destroying our country's middle class.

Obama's name is nowhere near as sacrosanct amongst the left as Reagan's is amongst the right. Reagan doesn't have far-right idiots calling him a Democrat all over Twitter.

They are absolutely nothing alike. Get a hold of yourself. Jesus Christ. 

Edited by BradInATX

7 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Obama's name is nowhere near as sacrosanct amongst the left as Reagan's is amongst the right

We’re going to have to disagree on this.  

Reagan ending this Cold War was kind of a big deal.  

Also, Obama didn’t see Trump coming. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

45 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

More evidence the electability argument is horse shit. 

These head to head polls are still worthless and they should never be used to influence a choice between one candidate over another.

The fact that any of them are so close is depressing.

We’re all fucked.

Edited by DigglerontheHoof