2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

That’s not how this meme works. Bt is not the stereotype. He is usually right. You are usually wrong. And y’all are crying like liddle’ Bitches in here. Let the record show the vast majority of gen x itt had to be taken to the revolution kicking and screaming. Good thread.
What? We would prefer not to have to choose between three geriatrics, but we don't really have a choice, do we? Boomers vote for Boomers, millennials vote for who makes them feel good, and rational candidates who eat dinner after 5pm and understand the modern world get passed over, much like Gen X is used to. Shrug.

3 hours ago, Dropout said:

That’s not how this meme works. Bt is not the stereotype. He is usually right. You are usually wrong. And y’all are crying like liddle’ Bitches in here. Let the record show the vast majority of gen x itt had to be taken to the revolution kicking and screaming. Good thread.

The fuck it isn't. That's how you "ok, Boomer"

4 hours ago, Dropout said:

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

The fuck it isn't. That's how you "ok, Boomer"

The fuck it is. Ok Boomer Bloomberg for saying that shit about marijuana. Or Biden telling voters to vote for Trump. You don’t ok boomer the guy on the side of the younger generation. It’s way more accurate to ok boomer gen x itt. 

7 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

All the candidates should go on Bloomberg TV and talk about how billionaires should be guillotined.

hey, if the rumors about bloomberg's motivations are true, and he's really just positioning to be anti-trump, run ads, make noise, change minds, whatever the fuck - and part of that is having candidates on his network to promote themselves, then i'm willing to call him "one of the good ones" in the end.

he's obviously not "in it to win it".

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

I’d be curious about those numbers for Georgia and Florida.

Georgia should be a win for the R’s but everyone is now calling it a swing state ?

Georgia has an open primary so you don't have to register with a specific party.

20 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

He won’t win but Andrew yang is spouting out things that make more sense than anyone else in the running.

So yeah he’s generation X. 

He has a bigger following than is being reported (and his fundraising keeps growing at a crazy pace) so I wouldn't give up hope yet.  And he seems to be the only one who's getting ahead of all the issues ahead. Smart dude w a good temperament who seems willing to listen to the best ideas available regardless of political affiliations.

Also Gen X and Asian so I guess for the first time in my life I can seriously relate to a candidate.

Edited by AngryDragon
spelling

8 minutes ago, AngryDragon said:

He has a bigger following than is being reported (and his fundraising keeps growing at a crazy pace) so I wouldn't give up hope yet.  And he seems to be the only one who's getting ahead of all the issues ahead. Smart dude w a good temperment who seems willing to listen to the best ideas available regardless of political affiliations.

Also Gen X and Asian so I guess for the first time in my life I can seriously relate to a candidate.

Also Yang is super likable and approachable (no tie, doesn't take himself so seriously, but is smart).

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

This is so fucking weird and hilarious. I bet Yang smoked A LOT of weed when he was younger.  And earlier today. 

That's his campaign manager trying to stop it. LMAO. 

His campaign song is Return of the Mack and he rides a skateboard and looks like every other Asian kid I knew in HS. He has my vote.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

First of all, I'm guilty of this as well...I love how we constantly talk about how stupid the average citizen/voter is, but also assumed Biden would quickly be discarded as a complete and utter buffoon.  Yeah, not happening...yet?

Joe's support isn't going to collapse.

RCP average

12/9/2018 - 29%
12/4/2019 - 27.3%
Lowest - 26%
Highest - 41%

He's got a floor at 25%

Bernie
12/9/2018 - 17.7%
12/4/2019 - 15.6%
Lowest - 14.3%
Highest - 24%

He's got a floor right around the 15% mark.

That matters A LOT because 15% is how much of the vote you have to get to get delegates in primary states.

Warren has been around 15% since August 2019.

Below that top 3, Buttigieg's peak so far is 11.3%

-------

So are we doomed to Biden v. Trump? NO!

The polling is largely based on likely voter models. They heavily bias towards the most reliable voting base, which is old people.

So the question is actually very very simple:
Are young people (or other typical non-voters) going to show up?

If they don't, and we have the same voter demographics in 2020 that we had in 2016, then Joe wins.

If they do, and we have an even younger and less white voter demographic in 2020 than we had in 2018, then Bernie is very powerful.

I honestly don't know what Liz's path is.

And although I am a dumbass, I genuinely do not see what Pete's path is.

29 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Man that’s funny. No one talks about Amy’s stint as a prosecutor. But cool, Not like we need black Women to beat Trump. Let’s keep mocking her. 

Y’all garbage. 

Amy fucking sucks and is polling at like 2%. She doesn't deserve to be talked about period.

• Like 2

That Biden ad is a great primary ad because it appeals to #RESIST people who might be with Warren or Pete, but it's a losing play in the general. Yes, it hurts Trump's feelings and that's fun, and if the ad was about how much of a crybaby Trump is (and I mean explicitly calling him a "crybaby" or some other insult so the point would actually stick) I would feel differently about it.

But it's a "WE NEED TO BE RESPECTED IN THE WORLD!" ad.

"They're laughing at us" didn't help Kerry in '04.
"Can you imagine how much they'll laugh at us" didn't help Clinton in '16. (It was basically her entire campaign.)
In '08, McCain was the established elder statesman and lost.

Who cares what Justin Trudeau, Emmanuel Macron, or Boris Johnson think?

If we had a candidate that all 3 of those ghouls loved, I would dislike that candidate more.

I WANT a president that Teresa "Austerity" May pulls mean-girl stuff on like skipping a handshake.
I WANT a president that Justin "Blackface & Oil Pipelines" Trudeau thinks is uncool and uncouth.
I WANT a president that Emmanuel "Let Them Eat Cake" Macron finds beneath his standards.

If Biden's campaign thinks the America's working people (ostensibly Biden's base) yearn for a day when Europe's leaders love them, Biden's campaign has no idea what kind of wheat thresher it's walking into.

So use those clips, but say, "And he cried about it like a weak baby, which is what he is. Weak. World leaders mock him and all he does is whine on the Internet, like a 14-year-old girl. Joe would demand a public apology or else Trudeau is getting punched in the mouth."

The answer is not, "These international finance puppets don't like Trump, but they'll like Joe!"

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Js1 said:

Joe is going to pick her for Veep

Agreed he will, and when he does he will solidify the Dem candidate for 2020 and it will be a poor man’s Obama/Biden centrist decorum administration that loosely follows the Trump dementia theme where Kamala the cop is probably the Dick Cheney running things while old Joe is waking up at 4 am to walk the whitehouse in Skechers like it’s a mall.

Edited by Rougarou

15 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Because I’m a data junkie

Fair enough. And I'm glad you post them, because it's good info. It's just interesting that you post all these polls, but seem so quick to dismiss information that you don't like as "polls are garbage". As someone who does analytics and surveys for a living, there's a difference between "polls are useless!" and "there is a lot of room for movement and change in these polls between now and the primaries". 

The ones I'm most interested right now are the three early primary states. Those are the ones that have value, as those three are going to change the numbers for all of the other states.

Edited by BradInATX

27 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Fair enough. And I'm glad you post them, because it's good info. It's just interesting that you post all these polls, but seem so quick to dismiss information that you don't like as "polls are garbage". As someone who does analytics and surveys for a living, there's a difference between "polls are useless!" and "there is a lot of room for movement and change in these polls between now and the primaries". 

The ones I'm most interested right now are the three early primary states. Those are the ones that have value, as those three are going to change the numbers for all of the other states.

When I say the polls are equally worthless what I mean is they are in no way predictive of anything because we’re still months away from anyone voting.    Whatever the polls said two months ago are as worthless as the polls today.  They don’t determine anything as far as outcomes.  

The only thing polls tell you is what the political weather is like today and which way the winds are blowing.  Sometimes the winds blow in your favor and sometimes they don’t.  

The polls within one week before an election are the only ones that should have any predictive value. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz