2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

23 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Liz went on TV and said the DNC rigged the primary in 2016. Lol at admonishing anyone for creating factionalism. 

Let’s go to the video:

She was asked if the primary was rigged and she said yes, which was a DUMB thing for her to say because that’s open to a lot of different interpretations depending on how you define “rigged.”

I wish there was more clarification on what she meant by it other than “the process was rigged”. I read it as Hillary was given an unequal advantage, which is objectively true.  She wasn’t claiming votes were changed or ballot boxes stuffed. 

She goes on to say the process needs to be better and more democratic which is also objectively true.  

This was one of those moments where she fucked up by being honest and telling the truth as she knew it.  Burn her! 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

So in the Bernie thread I mentioned that the volunteer Slack channels have no idea where this came from or even where/when it was posted. If it really was posted by someone who had only posted one other time and was immediately deleted by a moderator, then Alex Thompson should issue a retraction and then move off this beat.

Not only did he accept bullshit sourcing, but he ran to Warren herself with it to maximize drama and impact.

Of course Bernie didn't approve of anything like that.

Within the campaign apparatus, the mantra is to NEVER disparage other candidates. In all the coaching for phonebanking and canvassing, you are told to never argue and never even attempt to persuade. You talk issues in a general, positive sense. You offer information and you collect data.

This document is bullshit. Complete bullshit.

So someone posts a doc to the Slack, a person with no history or status, and the doc is immediately deleted.

- Who thought to capture that before it was deleted?
- Who not only thought to capture it, but send it to an outlet/reporter that hate Bernie?

This shit is so obviously fake.

17 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

No, it's not.

Reading a poll is not an attack trashing or slamming anyone. 

Sometimes b_t really needs to step away from a computer. 

You know why Bernie escapes criticism when every other candidate so far has gotten negative headlines and exposes? Because the bros will destroy you online for even thinking a negative thought about their Leader. 

• Like 1

Geebus, they can just stop this shit right now. I get it, it's politics, but boy how I hate that part of it. They (we/us/whomever) might be better served to keep the focus on Trump. As in the Elephant (literal and figurative) in the room. Every time a Democratic candidate throws out a negative, remind them to turn that on Trump where it belongs. In other words, it may not yet be the primary, and battles are still being fought, but IMO this slays the Democrats every single time. Stop worrying about what's fair and what's foul with each other, just slay the *Elephant with darts until it drops. Please. And if all of this is being conducted by destructive foreign and domestic agents working to sow discord, well, as Al Pacino said, "Harry, Jimmy, Trent...wherever you are, Fuck You, too!"

*No real elephants were harmed in the creation of this post.

• Like 2

Just now, Js1 said:

You know why Bernie escapes criticism when every other candidate so far has gotten negative headlines and exposes?

lol the national press is currently running with a fake story about a document anonymously posted to a Bernie volunteer Slack channel and you seriously think the premise of this question holds water? The national press is DYING to bury Bernie at any opportunity, no matter how flimsy.

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

lol the national press is currently running with a fake story about a document anonymously posted to a Bernie volunteer Slack channel and you seriously think the premise of this question holds water? The national press is DYING to bury Bernie at any opportunity, no matter how flimsy.

This is a 3rd reporter saying it was not fake. 

Happy to read another source outside of that one Bernie guy on Twitter (if you have one). 

What does "real" mean here. Yes, the document was posted on the Slack. No one is disputing that. No one is arguing that Thompson just made that part up. It was posted on the Slack channel and deleted. Bernie said he didn't approve of anything like that.

Have you ever used Slack?

Bernie has hundreds of paid staffers and tens of thousands of volunteers on those channels posting constantly.

Here was Warren's response: "I was disappointed to hear that Bernie is sending his volunteers out trash me."

Even if Bernie wrote those words himself, this shit is laughable. She doesn't even say his volunteers doing it or his staff, but Bernie himself.

I don't know who is trying to start a war here, but I honestly don't think whoever is asking for the smoke actually wants the fucking smoke.

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Geebus, they can just stop this shit right now. I get it, it's politics, but boy how I hate that part of it. They (we/us/whomever) might be better served to keep the focus on Trump. As in the Elephant (literal and figurative) in the room. Every time a Democratic candidate throws out a negative, remind them to turn that on Trump where it belongs. In other words, it may not yet be the primary, and battles are still being fought, but IMO this slays the Democrats every single time. Stop worrying about what's fair and what's foul with each other, just slay the *Elephant with darts until it drops. Please. And if all of this is being conducted by destructive foreign and domestic agents working to sow discord, well, as Al Pacino said, "Harry, Jimmy, Trent...wherever you are, Fuck You, too!"

*No real elephants were harmed in the creation of this post.

It's not foreign agents. It's a bunch of titty babies who have so much emotional investment in their candidate and only their candidate winning that the thought of anyone else winning is incomprehensible, end of the world type stuff. So you get attack and cancel culture. 

It's horribly toxic and juvenile. You'll notice that the majority of rational actors on this board are either still undecided or are open to multiple options. That's not a coincidence. It's so bad I find myself jumping in to defend the candidate who is literally at the bottom of my list just because the idiocy and dis-ingenuity of some attacks on him is off the charts to the point of pissing me off.

Too many people have forgotten how to lose. Now people have forgotten how to even entertain the thought that they might lose. 

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 3

@BradInATX that may be so, and I agree with you, but I'm not ruling out whatever it's called: psy-ops, counterintel, moles or what have you by plants determined to fracture the party in little ways that will give Trump another four years. Not conspiracy theory type machinations as much as tactics used to disrupt the game. Facebook seems to have gone with 'no rules' and Twitter doesn't appear much better-bots galore.

• Like 1

Given that she raised less money in Q4 than she did in Q3, I think questioning the potency of her grassroots movement might be warranted based on available data. Like the data that shows that her voting base actually is highly educated and affluent, especially compared to Bernie's.

Things have been trending downward for her so she's looking for some juice, and the #1 way to get juice is to attack the hottest hand. And that's Bernie, so Liz is doing what a politician does in a race when trying to win.

I don't think Bernie or his campaign will bother responding to this. You don't fight with the people behind you in the race; Bernie's eyes should be totally focused on Biden even if Warren decides to continue escalating this non-story. If that continues, Warren's campaign will become Hillary 2016: Redux, only without the delegates and victories, nothing but feigned hurt feelings and flopping like a European soccer player.

Would love to see Bernie not respond and Liz to drop it here. Grandma and Grandpa need to keep this shit together, they've got work to do after this election.

10 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Would love to see Bernie not respond and Liz to drop it here. Grandma and Grandpa need to keep this shit together, they've got work to do after this election.

I assume he won't say anything, because it's only going to make him look worse regardless of how much and good faith he could be. He's friends with her and he's going to need her support big time later if he is leading her in delegate count.

10 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

First off, Trump is not going to debate anyone. Second, I will take her "mewling" over his drooling all day every day.

She's weak and her only effective tactic seems to be having the media pump up her campaign.  In the general she won't be able to whine about Trump being unfair and mean towards her because no one expects him to play fair.  Trump will go after the fact that she tried to use extremely specious claims to URM status to try to advance her career, and based on her idiotic reaction to those attacks when they were made before, her defenses will probably make her look even worse.  

If/when Trump attacks Bernie for not being completely broke and having some money from his book sales, do you think Bernie is going to mount some dumbass defense trying to clarify that Trump is only partly right?  No, he'll say this is fucking stupid and has nothing to do with the substantive issues about which this election centers.  

Edited by Fozzz

Booker, Beto, Gillibrand, and Harris departing early while Buttigieg and Yang remain is so 2020 upside down world. 

It really speaks to the effectiveness of Pete and Yang’s campaign while highlighting the ineffectiveness of the candidates with astronomically higher experience in campaign and political success.