2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Dipping in the polls? She’s in the middle of a rebound.  I’m not going to tin foil hat this shit because I don’t know and the fact everyone immediately assumes the worst without evidence is pretty telling. 

In other words, she is on the warpath

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Dipping in the polls? She’s in the middle of a rebound.  I’m not going to tin foil hat this shit because I don’t know and the fact everyone immediately assumes the worst without evidence is pretty telling. 

In other words, she is on the warpath

7 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s always the woman’s fault.  Immediately.  What’s remarkable is the Berners think Bernie would never say something like that when people of all walks say that exact same shit on here and on television all the time.  It wasn’t controversial but Bernie would never utter such statement because he’s Jesus. 

Seems like it would have been pretty easy for Liz to say "Well, it's pretty clear that white men generally have an advantage in the boardroom and in politics and most areas of life.  I think Bernie may have just been making an off handed comment about what everyone knows.  A woman just has to work harder."

What’s remarkable is the Berners think Bernie would never say something like that when people of all walks say that exact same shit on here and on television all the time.

It depends on what Bernie is actually accused of saying.

Warren says "he disagreed" that a woman could become president of the United States. The anonymous sources are no more detailed.

If she said, "He said Trump is so terrible and has activated such sexism that too many voters would reject a woman" fine, we have context to work with.

Or she could have said, "It's all a mask. Bernie is a misogynist seeking power for himself and he was trying to convince me to not challenge him."

But... nothing.

So Warren has given us the vaguest possible description and left us to fill in with our own perceptions. Problem for her is, Bernie has been telling little girls to run for office since Reagan was there and has a uniquely progressive and forward-thinking track record. And another female presidential candidate from the exact same cycle says he was nothing but encouraging on the exact same topic in private. (I'm eager for you to #BelieveWomen posture at everyone knocking Tulsi here.)

This isn't a Hollywood producer forcing a blowjob out of a doe-eyed Kansan ingenue for a bit part in a movie. Liz is a 70-year-old woman who had a conversation with a colleague. Stop with the #MeToo shit.

I will give you credit for making it about the evil Bros again, though, that can play. Going after Bernie himself doesn't play.

So, maybe not terribly likely, but still a possibility ...

Someone is going to "win" but that someone may only have 35-45% of the delegates.
A brokered convention may seem unlikely, and probably is, but unlikely does not mean zero.

More:  https://moneymaven.io/mishtalk/economics/six-things-that-make-a-brokered-democratic-convention-more-likely-QO0kD4EqDE-Lo7htMnMdxw

EOL3y8QWoAQbdDT?format=jpg&name=small
Pow Wow Chow ain't going away
Are you getting paid to post anti Warren shit? She would have a transformative agenda and knows how to get shit done. She grew up shit poor in Oklahoma and used what turned out to be a false family story of Indian heritage as she moved up to the top of her profession, an elite among elites, to try to make sense of her identity. That is hard and I can relate. It was a mistake and she's moved on.

Trump is destroying this country and she's proposing reforms that would guard against the next Trump. She has my support 100%.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

"make sense of her identity" lmao.  How does putting out a racist cookbook entitled "Pow Wow Chow" help make sense of her white identity?  I'm white and my grandparents would also tell stories about our family having some Native American blood in our family and yet neither I nor anyone else in family has ever tried to claim that they are Native American.  It's not that hard!

Edited by Fozzz

9 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s always the woman’s fault.  Immediately.  What’s remarkable is the Berners think Bernie would never say something like that when people of all walks say that exact same shit on here and on television all the time.  It wasn’t controversial but Bernie would never utter such statement because he’s Jesus. 

It was pretty weak of Warren to stoop to this level of politics. It's clear the stage is too big for her. Bernie is just a better candidate. 

A lot of truth in here.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/01/why-trump-has-huge-advantage-over-democrats-low-information-voters

Alittle over a week ago, after the Trump administration killed Iranian general Qasem Soleimani, the opinion-havers of Twitter were doing what they do best: arguing about something most people don’t care about. The debate at hand involved Elizabeth Warren’s shifting public statements on Soleimani’s killing. At first Warren called the dead general a “murderer,” but she soon tempered her description after blowback from outraged corners of the online left, which has been huffing any-enemy-of-Trump-is-my-friend fumes since 2017. After a whole day of Warren mockery on Twitter, Dave Weigel, a reporter from the Washington Post, threw a brushback pitch at two colleagues from the National Journal and ABC News. “Guys, get out of the beltway for a weekend. Most people had to google Soleimani on Friday,” he wrote.

6 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

It was pretty weak of Warren to stoop to this level of politics. It's clear the stage is too big for her. Bernie is just a better candidate. 

Irrespective of what was actually said (and I would take Bernie's word over a habitual liar like Warren), choosing to leak this now is obviously a desperate attempt to revive a campaign that's in a death spiral.  

The oppo attacks from Warren's camp on Bernie continue 

I have no doubt that Warren and Bernie have a real, meaningful friendship and will 110% back each other if one is the nominee. 

The dirty secret here is that hardcore Warren & Bernie supporters are nothing a like. There campaign staffs are wildly different ideologically and strategically. The "we're on the same team" mantra has been a facade from the beginning. 

Irrespective of what was actually said (and I would take Bernie's word over a habitual liar like Warren), choosing to leak this now is obviously a desperate attempt to revive a campaign that's in a death spiral.  
How much do you get paid to post anti Warren shit? Asking for a friend. Her campaign is nowhere near a death spiral. She's third place nationally, near the top in all early and Super Tuesday states, and rebounding.

1 minute ago, horncyclist said:

How much do you get paid to post anti Warren shit? Asking for a friend. Her campaign is nowhere near a death spiral. She's third place nationally, near the top in all early and Super Tuesday states, and rebounding.

She won't win any of the early states and is going to finish third in NH.  She has no viable path to the nomination.  

I like to check in here every once in awhile to get a refresher on other things that are killing the republic. Hysteria over motes of dust is today's topic.

Somebody finds a quote that could be bad. News analysts on TV beat it nearly to death until is swells up into an issue. Political junkies eat it up because its all that the media give them. Amateur operatives run with the worst interpretations to throw mud. The dullest minded dredge up old shit like Warren as Pocahontas.

We need to have three month campaigns not three year campaigns.

Even if we could flush Trump and the Trumpist GOP (we can the former but not the latter) we'd still have this shitshow of a process which provided the soil for the turd blossoms to grow.

Compliments to Softly Now for his similar observation. It just gets worse and many elements conspire.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

"make sense of her identity" lmao.  How does putting out a racist cookbook entitled "Pow Wow Chow" help make sense of her white identity?  I'm white and my grandparents would also tell stories about our family having some Native American blood in our family and yet neither I nor anyone else in family has ever tried to claim that they are Native American.  It's not that hard!

I grew up in Oklahoma. It's complicated. It (the state) has also changed a lot since I grew up w/respect to how Native American ancestry is viewed culturally. I don't want to delve into the whole CDIB vs tribal recognition vs intermarriage with whites, and the official rolls.

You are failing to point out the ultimate level of cross cultural diversity (or appropriation depending on your view) Warren displayed by posting a recipe for Mexican Oatmeal Soup as a relocated from Georgia/North Carolina Eastern and Southern Native American. Considering that oats originate in West Asia/Europe, that is quite a feat.

Oh, BradinATX already covered it, hats off to you!

Yes, RomaVicta-always on point you are.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Addition

6 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I like to check in here every once in awhile to get a refresher on other things that are killing the republic. Hysteria over motes of dust is today's topic.

Somebody finds a quote that could be bad. News analysts on TV beat it nearly to death until is swells up into an issue. Political junkies eat it up because its all that the media give them. Amateur operatives run with the worst interpretations to throw mud. The dullest minded dredge up old shit like Warren as Pocahontas.

Even if we could flush Trump and the Trumpist GOP (we can the former but not the latter) we'd still have this shitshow of a process which provided the soil for the turd blossoms to grow.

Compliments to Softly Now for his similar observation. It just gets worse and many elements conspire.

The whole thing is stupid Bc Biden is going to be the nominee. The question is how long will the non-Biden candidates hang on when the outcome is obvious 

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The whole thing is stupid Bc Biden is going to be the nominee. The question is how long will the non-Biden candidates hang on when the outcome is obvious 

It's stupid but not because Biden is going to be the nominee. I have no idea who the nominee will be. I know only that I favor Warren among a number of good candidates.

Even talking about nominations and elections as though they're horse races where winning the nothing Iowa Caucus and tiny New Hampshire is absurd to me. Look at the coverage of the Iowa caucus which not that long ago was recognized for the nothing that it is. We have a consensus of media meat puppets referring to Iowa's boost for some candidate decades ago who, stupidly as usual, are content to lazily assume it must forever be important thus deserving WWII level news coverage. That, in turn, forces candidates to focus effort there which, in turn, further magnifies something that should be nothing.

Idiot World manifestations all around.

This version is largely brought to you by the idiots in the TV news media. RomaVicta says that their problem isn't that they're biased; they're problem is that they're not terribly bright and are surely lazy. "Hey, we can do these stories and analyses without even leaving the studio! All we do is quote print journalists who actually work and then ruminate for 58 minutes!" It's every TV news personalities wet dream. Fuck their lazy asses.

Edited by RomaVicta
I got blistas on my fingas

21 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Yep.  Nine months ago, I think the Democrats had 5+ options who would legitimately beat Trump in an election.  Now, after a year of hearing how bad each of them are, I'm not even sure Biden can do it.

But then I take a step back and think of the Vanity Fair article I posted above and remember most Americans haven't even started paying attention.  

Edited by Chuckie Finster

Yep.  Nine months ago, I think the Democrats had 5+ options who would legitimately beat Trump in an election.  Now, after a year of hearing how bad each of them are, I'm not even sure Biden can do it.
But then I take a step back and think of the Vanity Fair article I posted above and remember most Americans haven't even started paying attention.  
Yeah the only people that really hate the Democratic field right now are Democrats

Responding to Chuckie.

Yep. It's nuts. But it's really easy for the news channels to develop endless content on instead of looking for news or better illuminating the issues of the day. They love the horse race and cover it like it's a sprint. That becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy as so many candidates are eliminated in the opening dash (IA NH) which is only about ten feet out of the gate.

The candidates and those following them are in a trap that will never change until there is a fundamental shift in the process. The media won't change because they think they merely cover this without even considering how they affect it.

What tiny percentage of Americans have watched an entire Dem debate? They may be the only informed people answering poll questions which means 95% of poll responders are going on gut or past decisions.

It's all so stupid.

Edited by RomaVicta

This is what worries me so much about a Biden nomination. He's just not a good candidate and hasn't been exposed yet. Plus this Burisma shit which is like De Ja vu with Clinton emails. There's nothing there but it wont matter. Russia will trickle out out of context Hunter Biden emails and Trump will amplify. It's clear we're going to deal with Russian interference no matter what but we might want to not put up such an obviously flawed candidate.

God help us if Trump is relelected.

40 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

They're all coming.

We will fight in the shade.

Bwhahaha, fuck that piece of shit. I saw someone on twitter warn he was going to post something a few days ago. Yeah the guy who dressed up like a fake pimp to harm women and people of color who used ACORN is absolutely trustworthy.

11 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Oh, you mean the conspiracy that all of Trump people went to prison over.  Yeah, not going to treat this like that.

Honestly, if I thought for a minute that Biden's campaign was behind this, then I'd have a lot more confidence in the competence of Biden's campaign and be a whole lot more enthusiastic about supporting him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

A lot of truth in here.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/01/why-trump-has-huge-advantage-over-democrats-low-information-voters

Alittle over a week ago, after the Trump administration killed Iranian general Qasem Soleimani, the opinion-havers of Twitter were doing what they do best: arguing about something most people don’t care about. The debate at hand involved Elizabeth Warren’s shifting public statements on Soleimani’s killing. At first Warren called the dead general a “murderer,” but she soon tempered her description after blowback from outraged corners of the online left, which has been huffing any-enemy-of-Trump-is-my-friend fumes since 2017. After a whole day of Warren mockery on Twitter, Dave Weigel, a reporter from the Washington Post, threw a brushback pitch at two colleagues from the National Journal and ABC News. “Guys, get out of the beltway for a weekend. Most people had to google Soleimani on Friday,” he wrote.

A theme that surfaced again and again, not just about Democrats but about politics generally, was that the whole process is confusing, tedious, and off-putting—and that news organizations and social media do little to make sense of it. “I don’t understand it. I haven’t even watched the news. I just turn it off and go do something else,” said Angela from Philadelphia, a Medicaid-dependent mother of an autistic child who said she was raised Democrat but no longer follows elections closely, despite voting in 2018. “What they need to do is have an ‘understanding class’ with those who don't understand, so they can get a better election going on. Because I would love to be in politics just to see what’s going on, but as I see it now, I want no parts of it.”

This makes me rage.  If you want to understand, you have to actually put forth some effort.  We are all busy.  Get your shit together.

14 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

none of the stories are stories!

Out of the 3 manufactured controversies that the press has been slamming Bernie with, none of them will last in a substantive way. The Slack doc is already gone, the guy on the phone saying Bernie is the only one fighting for M4A will be gone, and even the "Bernie said a woman can't win!" will be gone soon. The only thing that will last is if Warren herself pursues things further.

Obviously headlines and stories were written, but there was no substance underneath them to give them legs.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Out of the 3 manufactured controversies that the press has been slamming Bernie with, none of them will last in a substantive way. The Slack doc is already gone, the guy on the phone saying Bernie is the only one fighting for M4A will be gone, and even the "Bernie said a woman can't win!" will be gone soon. The only thing that will last is if Warren herself pursues things further.

Obviously headlines and stories were written, but there was no substance underneath them to give them legs.

they were stupid even before they went away.  most people on here agree with that. 

• Like 1

Ever since Bernie showed a lead in that sanctified-by-lanyard-dorks Selzer Iowa poll, it's been hit after hit after hit from corporate media. It's been like that since 2016. When Bernie announced, you had a nervous breakdown and posted everything you could find. BamaChick was reposting racist shit from literal Russian trolls.

You guys shot your shot and it failed. Trying again and it's failing.

#Sad

What's left?

- Bernie being a depressed, broke-ass unmarried dad when he was young.
- Jane's real estate blunder when she was running a college.

Go chase those rabbits, Lenny.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Bernie has never been fully vetted by the corporate media or other candidates, not even in 2016 because Hillary needed his supporters.  Everyone has mostly ignored him.  I will pray for BT when the knives really come out.

holy shit, are you for real? Every single stupid thing they could fling at them they did, misrepresenting past things he wrote, stupid old public access video tapes, his wife's supposed financial wrong-doings in whatever college she was trying to get a stake in. Like do you not have Twitter?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Bernie has never been fully vetted by the corporate media or other candidates, not even in 2016 because Hillary needed his supporters.  Everyone has mostly ignored him.  I will pray for BT when the knives really come out.

Bernie has been vetted plenty. Punditry had convinced people that Bernie's base wasn't big enough to win this primary, so he was kind of left alone over the last 2-3 months. Now that he's surging a bit and Warren has stumbled, we'll get pelted with the Bernie oppo attack greatest hits. 

I was wrong about Biden's chances. I thought people were smart enough to focus their attacks on him, and instead all the vitriol went to other contenders. 

• Like 3

I'd love to see people from Pete's or Liz's campaign publishing anti-Biden op-eds in South Carolina newspapers, like Nina Turner just did.

I'd love to see people from Pete's or Liz's campaign researching and signal-boosting Joe's terrible policy history, like David Sirota has been for days.

(I'll stop with those two, but there are a ton.)

You've got the internal narrative you like, but it doesn't match reality. Bernie's team is by far the most on point and focused on what matters for progressives right now, which is making sure Joe Biden isn't at the top of the ticket.

The Warren team is firing broadsides at them right now and the Bernie campaign is barely distracted.

If you actually cared about advancing progressive ideas and making sure Biden wasn't at the top of the ticket, you'd actually be encouraged by that because it shows an ability to maintain message discipline in the face of drama, which is VITAL when facing Donald Trump.

Because there's a much worse alternative universe where David Sirota is up at 3AM weeping and posting Pocahontas memes on Twitter.