2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

30 minutes ago, Bookman said:

Choosing a candidate and voting for the candidate who best reflects your values are two different things.

In my case they aren't. Bernie isn't a fringe candidate, he's either first or second in polling. 

If your point is that I'm ignorant of how the primary and ultimately convention operate, I'm not. I'm simply saying now is the time to vote for the candidate you like best when you have a large field, not one who you think best has a chance in November. The two should be the same unless you're operating under the assumption that your candidate is intentionally not trying to reach as many voters as possible.

Edited by GSU&UT
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bookman said:

Choosing a candidate and voting for the candidate who best reflects your values are two different things.

As someone who voted for Ron Paul (values) and did not support the party nominee (more than once), I find the discussion of the last couple of pages highly amusing.  I vote my conscious and don't apologize for it.  No political party owns me or my vote.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, bernorange said:

As someone who voted for Ron Paul (values) and did not support the party nominee (more than once), I find the discussion of the last couple of pages highly amusing. 

A real life Gary Johnson voter going on and on about Bernie supporters voting for Jill Stein is pretty hilarious. 

• Like 2

Brisket and Henry and Hugo and the other complete dullards want to ignore basic history and pretend history doesn't matter.

25% of this woman's primary voters went to a Republican in 2008.

bUt ThAt WaS tWeLvE yEaRs AgO!

Bernie Sanders endorsed her wholeheartedly at the convention and did 41 campaign events for her. He will do exactly the same thing for any other Dem candidate if they beat him. (Hopefully only if they beat him legitimately, I hope he just takes a 6-month break from campaign talk if there are backroom convention shenanigans. But knowing Bernie, he'll be a team player.)

But, it's OK, because Hillary is hated and it's good to be hated by someone who is hated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GSU&UT said:

In my case they aren't. Bernie isn't a fringe candidate, he's either first or second in polling. 

If your point is that I'm ignorant of how the primary and ultimately convention operate, I'm not. I'm simply saying now is the time to vote for the candidate you like best when you have a large field, not one who you think best has a chance in November. The two should be the same unless you're operating under the assumption that your candidate is intentionally not trying to reach as many voters as possible.

Hey dude you can choose who you support by voting for who reflects your values all you want. I’m not saying that’s wrong. I’m just saying that’s not the “point” of the nomination process.

21 minutes ago, Bookman said:

Hey dude you can choose who you support by voting for who reflects your values all you want. I’m not saying that’s wrong. I’m just saying that’s not the “point” of the nomination process.

Okay cook, Hook 'Em

Edited by GSU&UT

10 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

It’s amazing, isn’t it? She’s really bad at this. Only an institution as stupid as a political party could watch her for five minutes and say “we should stake this lady to win a national popularity contest”.

almost as tone deaf and stupid as having a hedgefund titan run 2 years or so after one of the worst financial crisis in the countries history.

1 minute ago, Incredulity said:

almost as tone deaf and stupid as having a hedgefund titan run 2 years or so after one of the worst financial crisis in the countries history.

It's almost like both parties are filled to the brim with mouth-breathing, out of touch morons.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Brisket and Henry and Hugo and the other complete dullards want to ignore basic history and pretend history doesn't matter.

I wasn't amongst the dullards?  I knew it was one too many posts about Bern being a good honest guy, even though I don't agree with many of his policies.  I won't be making that mistake again.  

15 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I wasn't amongst the dullards?  I knew it was one too many posts about Bern being a good honest guy, even though I don't agree with many of his policies.  I won't be making that mistake again.  

you gotta fear-monger way harder, and trash berns like 8-10x per day to play the big room.

until then, you're just among the other dullards receiving votes.  you're okie st basically.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Why is granny still a thing. 

3 minutes ago, softlynow said:

OJ has nearly a million followers. In the Twitter age, the 15 minutes never ends. 

People keep talking to her and asking her questions. She's like that neighbor that you make small talk with that cannot pick up on the cues one sends that say, 'this conversation is over, I have things to do today.' Because they keep engaging her, she responds. She appears in good health and with energy, taking that volubility to a senior center or Meals on Wheels program and providing comfort and conversation to others would help transition her out of the public sphere. I really wish she would do that. It's time, really it is. Stay active, stay engaged on a local level with good works as other former politicos do, but stop answering the questions.