2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

17 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

I mean there is a Bernie bro in another thread hoping Gabbard wins a frivolous lawsuit against the Dems’ 2016 candidate

The 2016 candidate who won't commit to supporting the 2020 candidate, yes, and calls potential 2020 candidates Russian agents. Yes, absolutely.

Also, I don't think it's necessarily frivolous, Hillary leveled a very salacious charge without any rational evidence. We'll see how the courts handle it.

15 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

In a stunning turn of events, CNN polls are now beacons of truth.  

So what you want to promote right now is that the Dems are in disarray?

19 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Also, I don't think it's necessarily frivolous

That is your problem. We know you don’t think Gabbard’s lawsuit is frivolous, just like Nunes wants people to believe his lawsuits aren’t frivolous. Your problem along with many Bernie Bros is jumping in bed with Gabbard just to “cancel” the Dems and joining her chorus of defenders that include Richard Spencer, David Duke, Donald Trump, Tucker Carlson, and Greenwald.  I think the appropriate phrase for this is “hook, line, and sinker.”

Edited by GW Hayduke
  • Like 2

On 1/21/2020 at 9:00 AM, bad_teammate said:

Brisket and Henry and Hugo and the other complete dullards want to ignore basic history and pretend history doesn't matter.

25% of this woman's primary voters went to a Republican in 2008.

bUt ThAt WaS tWeLvE yEaRs AgO!

Bernie Sanders endorsed her wholeheartedly at the convention and did 41 campaign events for her. He will do exactly the same thing for any other Dem candidate if they beat him. (Hopefully only if they beat him legitimately, I hope he just takes a 6-month break from campaign talk if there are backroom convention shenanigans. But knowing Bernie, he'll be a team player.)

But, it's OK, because Hillary is hated and it's good to be hated by someone who is hated.

This is why Bernie Sanders should have never run as a Democrat. The party establishment hates him. That matters.

One of the things that caught my attention was when it was reported that Hillary said something like “Bernie hasn’t accomplished anything.” I thought to myself, how can that be true, the guy is like 80 yrs old and has been in the legislature for as long I can remember. So I looked at his wiki page and I honestly don’t see anything that would be considered “an accomplishment.” Maybe someone deleted them from his page

10 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

One of the things that caught my attention was when it was reported that Hillary said something like “Bernie hasn’t accomplished anything.” I thought to myself, how can that be true, the guy is like 80 yrs old and has been in the legislature for as long I can remember. So I looked at his wiki page and I honestly don’t see anything that would be considered “an accomplishment.” Maybe someone deleted them from his page

The irony is that the same can be said about Hillary Clinton's time in the Senate.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/07/how-bernie-sanders-fought-for-our-veterans-119708

EDIT: The article is very long, here's the salient point.

With the clock ticking toward a five-week recess starting Aug. 4, the parties had fallen into their usual roles and stereotypes: Democrats focused on strengthening a frayed safety net, Republicans fretting about spending—in this case not just the amount but also the prospect of throwing good money after bad. The media reported that tensions had erupted into the open, negotiations had broken down and failure was imminent. “ How VA Reform Fell Apart In Less Than 4 Days,” blared the Huffington Post headline.

But while Sanders and Miller were not talking, their aides continued to negotiate. They were still trying to think of new ways to pay for things, still trying to find ways to bridge the fiscal gap. “There was a brief moment when each side was questioning the intentions and the motives of the other,” said a Republican familiar with the negotiations. But both sides quickly realized that “we cannot go home in August without a deal because that would be a colossal failure of our responsibility first and foremost, but it would also be a political disaster.”

The Sanders-Miller meltdown turned out to be the last cathartic paroxysm before a compromise was reached just a couple of days later. The House had offered zero money for VA improvements, while Sanders had asked for close to $9 billion. In the end, both sides agreed to $5 billion. Another $1.5 billion went for leases of 27 major medical facilities in 18 states and Puerto Rico. The two sides also agreed to create a Veterans Choice Fund and put $10 billion into it. The House, which had offered no due process to people being fired, agreed quickly to an appeal within a week, a decision within a month and no pay for the duration of the appeal.

At a press conference announcing the deal, Sanders said getting to that point had been very difficult, due in part to “a lot of partisanship going on.” He said it would not have happened without Miller’s “determination and hard work.” For his part, Miller called Sanders his good friend and said the volatility of the process had been exaggerated by the media. Asked if conservatives would support a bill with such a hefty price tag, Miller replied, “Taking care of our veterans is not an inexpensive proposition and our members understand this.”

In the end both votes were close to unanimous—420-5 in the House, 91-3 in the Senate. Obama signed the VA bill Aug. 7 at Fort Belvoir. The new law, he said, “will help us ensure that veterans have access to the care that they’ve earned.”

Edited by Calihorn
  • Like 1

Just now, GW Hayduke said:

Yeah, that was one of the bills his wiki page says he sponsored. The other one he sponsored was the naming of a building

It is a major accomplishment. There's also the umpteen amendments he's sponsored. Etc... Really, finding any major accomplishments is going to be difficult for senators recently.

• Like 1

Congresspeople don't really "accomplish" things because they are in large legislative bodies. They aren't single actors with unitary power. They can't make a law. They can propose laws that have to go through sub-committees and working groups and blah blah blah

You're not going to look in any Congressman's or Senator's record and find a long list of impressive "accomplishments". What you should look for is expertise and experience working with others through the legislative process.

I don't care about his Congressional record either way. It's a stupid metric. Obama was a fantastic candidate with a light (putting it kindly) record. Clinton had a long history of experience and was flaming hot garbage.

27 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

That is your problem. We know you don’t think Gabbard’s lawsuit is frivolous, just like Nunes wants people to believe his lawsuits aren’t frivolous. Your problem along with many Bernie Bros is jumping in bed with Gabbard just to “cancel” the Dems and joining her chorus of defenders that include Richard Spencer, David Duke, Donald Trump, Tucker Carlson, and Greenwald.  I think the appropriate phrase for this is “hook, line, and sinker.”

While I would absolutely be happy to jump in bed with Gabbard, the idea that she's aligned with Spencer and Duke is just childish hyperbole on your part. She's a gimmick candidate and a cultist weirdo that I have no respect for. Like Buttigieg, I don't care about her military service.

My own personal dislike of Tulsi as a politician and candidate doesn't change the reality that Hillary stepped way over the line.

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I have no idea what this means. I don't follow Russiagate stuff so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Is Devin Nunes suing someone on Twitter who pretended to be a cow?

Devin Nunes is the ranking member of the house’s intelligence committee. He isn’t part of russiagate or whatever you are referring to. He is a major political player of the GOP. I recommend you take a view of the US’s entire political spectrum and not just focus on anti-Dem stuff.

The right (including Nunes) has adopted the method of suing those that say things that hurt their feels. Gabbard is following suit, just like she followed suit with attacking the media. There are reasons Gabbard is defended by Trump, Carlson, Hannity, Spencer, Duke, and Greenwald

7 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

Devin Nunes is the ranking member of the house’s intelligence committee. He isn’t part of russiagate or whatever you are referring to.

I know enough about the proceedings to know that Nunes has run interference for Trump plenty of times.

The right (including Nunes) has adopted the method of suing those that say things that hurt their feels.

GOP operatives also breathe air. They also say negative things about people they don't like. What's your point?

1 minute ago, Fozzz said:

I saw on twitter that suing those that say things that hurt their feels is actually an old Russian tactic.

Vslawsutskayaev, I believe

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

GOP operatives also breathe air. They also say negative things about people they don't like. What's your point?

The point is that your girl Gabbard is following GOP’s suit with suing those that hurt her feels (which you have come out in support of)......   just like she followed suit with attacking the media. There are reasons Gabbard is defended by Trump, Carlson, Hannity, Spencer, Duke, and Greenwald.

The point is that you are again on the wrong side with all of this. Supporting Gabbard and the way Nunes and the rest of the GOP act is shameful. You should feel bad, apologize to everyone, and delete your account.

B_T: "Tulsi is a weirdo cultist grifter that no one should talk to or about."

GW: "YOU LOVE HER AND WANT HER TO BE PRESIDENT!"

Brain firing on all cylinders, my man. High octane, finely tuned, precision brainwork.

I don't support Nunes or the GOP. you keep bringing him up like it's relevant, but it's not.

Hillary said things about Tulsi that are beyond acceptability for intra-party discourse and I'm 100% fine with Tulsi attempting to seek restitution for any harm caused by Hillary's bizarre and absurd attack. Tulsi is not a Russian asset. It's stupid and damaging to say so.

If the courts throw it out as frivolous, fine, I don't care.

I think it would be hilarious if Hillary had to go testify in a civil defamation case, because I hate Hillary Clinton. It would be even cooler if she lost, not because I like Tulsi, but because I like it when Hillary gets owned.

50 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I have no idea what this means. I don't follow Russiagate stuff so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Is Devin Nunes suing someone on Twitter who pretended to be a cow?

Imagine having nearly 12k posts on a political message board and not knowing about Devin Nunes's cow.  It's one thing to be fanatical about politics in general, it's quite another to be this obsessed with one politician.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

GW: "YOU LOVE HER AND WANT HER TO BE PRESIDENT!"

Holy Strawman, Batman!! Check out the Tulsi thread. You are clearly supportive of her and her methods.

13 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I don't support Nunes or the GOP. you keep bringing him up like it's relevant, but it's not.

You support frivolous lawsuits against those that hurt feels. Anyone from the left that gets in bed with Nunes and GOP (or is too ignorant to know who they are in bed with) should feel bad and apologize to everyone.

Just now, burntorangebongos said:

I think Hillary supports Warren but I hope the  Warren people dont seek her endorsement. She has bad juju. 

Lots of democrats give Warren shit for being too warm and fuzzy with Bernie who they still blame for Hillary’s loss.  Also, Hillary isn’t as hated among democrats like she is on this forum. I know this is going to come as a shock but there’s a ton of latent and overt misogyny on a Texas football message board that isn’t as prevalent in the general population.  Nevertheless, I seriously doubt Hillary endorses anyone prior to the determination of the nominee.

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Lots of democrats give Warren shit for being too warm and fuzzy with Bernie who they still blame for Hillary’s loss.  Also, Hillary isn’t as hated among democrats like she is on this forum. I know this is going to come as a shock but there’s a ton of latent and overt misogyny on a Texas football message board that isn’t as prevalent in the general population.  Nevertheless, I seriously doubt Hillary endorses anyone prior to the determination of the nominee.

See the Tulsi thread.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

A Bernie Presidency wouldn’t be so bad as long as he lets Liz call all the shots... she’s much smarter and more effective at navigating Government for policy goals. She might as well be president. 

Can't wait to see your reaction when she drops out and endorses Biden.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GW Hayduke said:

This is dumb

Given how she has barely attacked him at all despite him being the frontrunner for most of the year, especially over the bankruptcy bill, it's pathetic. Hugo still has it in his head that she'll be running the country even if she doesn't win the nomination.

1 minute ago, GSU&UT said:

Given how she has barely attacked him at all despite him being the frontrunner for most of the year, especially over the bankruptcy bill, it's pathetic. Hugo still has it in his head that she'll be running the country even if she doesn't win the nomination.

Your comment concerning Hugo’s reaction is dumb. Splitting the left is dumb. Don’t be dumb

5 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

wasted words on a bitter audience, my man

Hugo is going through the stages of grief. Best to let him work through it.

Just now, GW Hayduke said:

Your comment concerning Hugo’s reaction is dumb. Splitting the left is dumb. Don’t be dumb

Warren is my #2 and if for some reason she was leading Bernie by a big margin but is trailing Biden when the primary comes to Georgia then I'll vote for her. I'm just not going to be shocked if she doesn't try to endorse Bernie and I wish she would have attacked Biden on the last debate over what was supposed to be a huge clash between them in 2005.