2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

8 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

Warren is my #2 and if for some reason she was leading Bernie by a big margin but is trailing Biden when the primary comes to Georgia then I'll vote for her. I'm just not going to be shocked if she doesn't try to endorse Bernie and I wish she would have attacked Biden on the last debate over what was supposed to be a huge clash between them in 2005.

The decision on who to attack or not to attack has little to do with who the candidates like or don't like.  Her attacks on Buttigieg had nothing to do with wine caves; it was concern over his gains in the polls.  Likewise with Bernie.  Biden's polling has been strong and consistent for a while.  Harris had pretty solid attacks on Biden, and is now sitting on the sidelines.  Castro had a clumsy attack on Biden, and is there with her.  I think most Democrats genuinely like Biden, even those that don't want him to win.  Attacking Biden just hasn't damaged him that much, and the attackers look shitty doing it.  Even on policy, you are usually attacking Obama by extension.  But Biden isn't above 50%, so the best hope of passing him is by consolidating the non-Biden voters, picking up some momentum, and showing other voters that you are just as electable.  Biden wins with a plurality; all the other candidates need to turn in to a two man race.  That means knocking the others out, regardless of what you think of them.  

Warren isn't going to endorse Biden, unless it's clear that he is going to win the ticket and it's just a unity move.  Which is what I'd want her to do.    

20 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

I wish she would have attacked Biden on the last debate over what was supposed to be a huge clash between them in 2005

This is the weirdest flex right now among the Bernie people I see online.  They’re pissed at Liz because she didn’t follow Bernie’s lead in attacking Biden.  She’s run one of the cleaner campaigns but the second she doesn’t do exactly what Bernie needs her to do she’s immediately an establishment corporate shill. The cult is strong. 

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This is the weirdest flex right now among the Bernie people I see online.  They’re pissed at Liz because she didn’t follow Bernie’s lead in attacking Biden.  She’s run one of the cleaner campaigns but the second she doesn’t do exactly what Bernie needs her to do she’s immediately an establishment corporate shill. The cult is strong. 

You're on here whining about Bernie Bros in 2020 and wondering why we might be disappointed with her because she chose to draw out some stupid drama from a private conversation in 2018 instead of going after who she supposedly has a much more long standing, and correct, feud with. She can do what she wants, but it's clear who she is attacking now is not working and it would be wise to go after Biden's much weaker base.

I think what's most annoying with you recently is that you clearly she is now polling in third or fourth place in these early states and you're intentionally digging at Bernie with shit like "she might as well be president." Don't sit here and say we're a cult when your posting some impressively knuckle-dragging logical takes about how Warren will still get to run things.

Edited by GSU&UT

11 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

You're on here whining about Bernie Bros in 2020 and wondering why we might be disappointed with her because she chose to draw out some stupid drama from a private conversation in 2018 instead of going after who she supposedly has a much more long standing, and correct, feud with. She can do what she wants, but it's clear who she is attacking now is not working and it would be wise to go after Biden's much weaker base.

I think what's most annoying with you recently is that you clearly she is now polling in third or fourth place in these early states and you're intentionally digging at Bernie with shit like "she might as well be president."

oh, we’re going to rehash the petty bullshit again? Bernie’s campaign broke the non-aggression pact, then lied about it, then got caught and had to admit it.  But it’s Warren’s fault for checking Bernie.  

Enjoy the polling triumph while it lasts because we’re all in for a wild ride here during the Trump era. No one has voted yet.  Warren is still in decent position. Bernie and Biden are too.  The nomination will likely be one of those three.  May the best candidate win.  I personally think Biden and Bernie are terrible candidates and always have, but that’s my opinion.  And I’ll gladly vote for either of them over Trump.  

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Yeah, not re-hashing it dumbass, literally telling you that her refusal to go after someone who she could cut support into (i.e. Biden) would be a smart move now and yes I like Warren too. Don't call us a cult when you're still married to her winning less than two weeks out from Iowa when she's not polling well, and don't be surprised if I shit on your posts about "Warren would be the one running the country." 

12 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

Yeah, not re-hashing it dumbass, literally telling you that her refusal to go after someone who she could cut support into (i.e. Biden) would be a smart move now and yes I like Warren too. Don't call us a cult when you're still married to her winning less than two weeks out from Iowa when she's not polling well, and don't be surprised if I shit on your posts about "Warren would be the one running the country." 

i'm all for attacking biden, but i feel like he's protected by some sort of trump-style idiot shield, where he has so much baggage, weird videos, bad votes, speech gaffes, hair-smelling, that the message gets lost/ignored.  also his supporters are old, and olds aren't really on twitter as much, so they're blissfully unaware of all the vitriol being hurled in his general direction over there.

but it should still be happening, and i'm shocked it's taken this long.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Uh, no,  I like her.  I don't need my candidate to be some Puritan.  But she is not running a particularly clean campaign. 

7 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Uh, no,  I like her.  I don't need my candidate to be some Puritan.  But she is not running a particularly clean campaign. 

I didn’t say clean. Just cleaner when compared to Pete, Biden, and Bernie that have surrogates attacking at a much higher frequency than her.  She takes her shots but not as many.

She has attacked Facebook more than democrats during this campaign.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

18 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i'm all for attacking biden, but i feel like he's protected by some sort of trump-style idiot shield, where he has so much baggage, weird videos, bad votes, speech gaffes, hair-smelling, that the message gets lost/ignored.  also his supporters are old, and olds aren't really on twitter as much, so they're blissfully unaware of all the vitriol being hurled in his general direction over there.

but it should still be happening, and i'm shocked it's taken this long.

I won't really disagree with that, but it's clear that, while he's still generally in 1st, his support is definitely slipping. It's baffling why more candidates haven't gone after him, I guess they're afraid of what happened to Castro where he was derided for being mean to an old guy.

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Bernie's surrogates are bastards saying things like, "Hey look at this other candidate's voting record and public statements."

Straight outta Russia.

It’s funny you mention voting records and Russia, a weak spot for Bernie that no one has really pushed on yet.  Yeah yeah, I know the excuses...Iran, principles, yada yada yada.  Still doesn’t mean those votes don’t make Bernie vulnerable.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

You're seeing the impact of all those cowards who voted to weaken the Iran deal when "RUSSIA!!!" was thrown in their faces. We were/are on the brink of war because of that deal's undermining.

Bernie's deal on the compromised Magnitsky with the Iran poison pill was the right vote.

And I would be interesting to hear your opinion on how many voters care about Magnitsky votes.

Good point, no one gives a shit about Bernie voting for the crime bill or George Bush’s defense spending bills during the Iraq war.  

You either think these records matter or you don’t and it’s telling that voters should only care about records when it’s not Bernie.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

I think records absolutely matter and it's up to the opponents of a candidate to attack those records and expose them.

If Yang came out and said Bernie should've have voted for the crime bill, that's fair play to him.

I'm very happy to talk about any of it. The crime bill vote was a can't-win. The defense spending bills? He should've voted against every single one from 2003 onwards, bad votes. The gun bills? I mostly don't care about those as he represents a very rural and gun-owning state.

I just asked you how many voters would actually care about the compromised Magnitsky bill. I think you know that the number is (1) pretty low and (2) very Russiagate. It was the right vote and I'm glad to defend it on the merits.

Substantive critiques of Bernie's record? Let's do it, I love that.

I was about to applaud the oppo research team, but then I saw that it's not Sanders talking, it's someone else characterizing his position.

But in an October 1996 Burlington Free Press guide to that year’s election, Sanders’ view on the issue was again described with the a-word. “Sanders says Social Security is projected to be solvent through 2020, but Congress will need to adjust revenues and benefits to keep it financially sound,” the paper said.

And the part that's actually a quote...

“been adjusted before, and adjustments will have to be made again.”

Is he talking about the revenues or benefits?

Need more context before a proper HYPOCRITE label can be affixed.

No one is really over 30% and 60% still haven’t made up their mind.  This is a weird time in politics.  With the way information is disseminated in the social media digital age during the disinformation Donald Trump Era you have to almost disregard conventional wisdom when it comes to arm analyzing this for predictive value.  

7 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Lots of democrats give Warren shit for being too warm and fuzzy with Bernie who they still blame for Hillary’s loss.  Also, Hillary isn’t as hated among democrats like she is on this forum. I know this is going to come as a shock but there’s a ton of latent and overt misogyny on a Texas football message board that isn’t as prevalent in the general population.  Nevertheless, I seriously doubt Hillary endorses anyone prior to the determination of the nominee.

Wrong. There is plenty of latent misogyny in the general population, even more so than on this board if you’re just looking at men in general. One of hilldogs problems was the poor white women disliked her too. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Warren spending hours at every event having people line up for selfies with her and publicizing it constantly, only for Biden to have his biggest campaign moment be just one lady taking a selfie with him and it going viral, is both hilarious and also something that will be cited as proof the glass ceiling is real.

I happened to catch that show right before the elevator scene and my first thought was that it was the transitive properties of Obama at play. My guess is that Michelle Obama would have elicited the same reaction if not a bigger one.

18 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Wrong. There is plenty of latent misogyny in the general population, even more so than on this board if you’re just looking at men in general. One of hilldogs problems was the poor white women disliked her too. 

She won more votes than any white man in history so excuse me if I think it’s a little overblown. 

Are they?
The GOP has gone full-on death cult. They’re tracking perfectly the “rise of fascism” playbook, with a healthy bit of tracking the fucking Book of Revelations.
And the Dem response? Self-immolation via unrealistic purity tests.
Trump is going to be re-elected. Easily. And when we wonder why, we can just go back and read this thread to see the kind of thinking that got us there.
I expected this, but hoped it wouldn’t be the case. I continue to demonstrate my stupidity and naïveté by continuing to periodically have hope. What a stupid, stupid waste of my emotional energy.
Evil wins. It always will. Because “good” spends all if its energy infighting and finger-pointing, while evil gets shit done.
Enjoy November, guys. I sure won’t.
I respect your opinion. And good lord you spend a lot energy speaking your Gospel of the Ledge
What, specifically can we do to turn the tide?
I'm keeping my powder dry for October.

My Game prediction:. Trump acquited ; reelected by slim margin ; R Senate by 3 under major interference we devolve to Oligarchy with 45% cheering it on

Russia wins big for the next decade
Not sure we recover
"Capitalism is just as corrupt " narrative wins the day

I feel like Putin already won the match

^^^

You nailed it with "Capitalism is just as corrupt"...there's  a scary % of people who are going to hold their nose and vote for Trump because their pockets are being lined.  And none of those people will ever admit in a poll they're voting for Trump.  If this ends up nice demented grandpa vs asshole demented grandpa they're gonna pick the guy who oversaw this economy.  And I can't stand the fuckface and trickle down is BS etc...still, this is set up very well for that fat orange MF.  He gave billions in tax breaks to big corporations under the guise of trickle down, and now he's going to seal another 4 years of ruining this country. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

A few good polls and the Berners are ready to size up the drapes in the Oval Office.  That’s not how this works

I like how you're tacitly implying that Bernie can't beat Trump now and that Republicans are helping elevate him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

I like how you're tacitly implying that Bernie can't beat Trump now and that Republicans are helping elevate him.

He's at "Anger", with a foot in the door of bargaining where he's starting to say Warren is going to be the VP and be the one really running things.

7e2d7b40aac2ff3ac54afc9a7689ff56---stage

• Like 1
  • Haha 1