2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

2 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Yes, yours is also ... interesting

Thank you. Nuance is often lost. Appreciate your continued sharpness and comprehension of . . . nuance. It’s rare these days. 

so the latest corporate play is to make Obama the referee. how do you think that will work out in the effort to replace trump?  I hope he stays out of it. he busted the glass ceiling and was obstructed all the way after that. He did the heavy lifting on hope. His legacy is foundational. Could not be here without him. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Here's a compilation people put together.

From my perspective? The strong majority of this outrage is people characterizing him instead of actually quoting him. He's said plenty of dumb shit, but I've seen surprisingly little given that he lives with a microphone attached to him and has literally thousands of hours of completely unscripted material to go through.

The N-word:

Were any of those him calling someone the n-word or otherwise using it as a slur? It's a bunch of quick splicing without any context.

I don't think he should say it at all, but there's a mile difference between calling someone the n-word and referencing it in another way.

Transphobia:

The Fallon Fox thing, which is where most (all?) of the transphobia accusations come from, he's right on the merits (but his wording and tone are often disparaging). A woman who is transitioning after 30 years of living and growing and developing as a biological man should not fight ciswomen in a combat sport without disclosing that beforehand so that ciswoman knows what's up. Sexual dimorphism is real. He's not even saying they shouldn't fight.

For those interested, here's Rogan talking about it.

The way he talks about it is callous. His use of words is imprecise. But who actually disagrees on the substance?

(That 19 minute clip is about 2.5 minutes of substance. My GOD he repeats himself so much. I guess that's why his shows are 3 hours long.)

I am not making this up. This is the sensei.

Sensei Bonnie Treace

95b0be29e1c01cfda954f90b821ef9e5.jpg

5087457.jpg

9 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

Thank you. Nuance is often lost. Appreciate your continued sharpness and comprehension of . . . nuance. It’s rare these days. 

so the latest corporate play is to make Obama the referee. how do you think that will work out in the effort to replace trump?  I hope he stays out of it. he busted the glass ceiling and was obstructed all the way after that. He did the heavy lifting on hope. His legacy is foundational. Could not be here without him. 

9 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Obama attempting to derail Bernie would go very poorly for him and very well for Bernie.

Obama is smarter than Hillary. He knows this.

This and this. Ran out of rep to give, but both good takes.

I think he’ll stay out of it, at least in public.

What are the odds that Warren drops out before Super Tuesday. Would basically swing the nomination to Bernie
I can't see it.

She would have to finish 4th or lower in both Iowa and NH. And even then, she wants to win. She's not in this to endorse anyone or push a pet issue.

It's the beginning of the 3rd quarter. Play to win.

Also, indirectly/directly clashing with Bernie (m4a waffling + the misogyny accusation) is likely what took the wind out her sails, so it is misguided to think she would endorse him anytime soon.

4 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I think that’s more possible than a Klobuchar surge.

Well, yeah, the prediction markets think so.  In fact, Bloomberg is in a solid 3rd with Warren tied for Yang now (lol) and Amy is behind HRC.

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/3633/Who-will-win-the-2020-Democratic-presidential-nomination

Pete and Amy need to drop out if neither finishes top 3 in Iowa. Amy might stay through Super Tuesday Bc of Minnesota. Indiana isn’t until May so Pete can pack it up and head to whatever third way think tank wants him. 

4 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

I can't see it.

She would have to finish 4th or lower in both Iowa and NH. And even then, she wants to win. She's not in this to endorse anyone or push a pet issue.

It's the beginning of the 3rd quarter. Play to win.

Also, indirectly/directly clashing with Bernie (m4a waffling + the misogyny accusation) is likely what took the wind out her sails, so it is misguided to think she would endorse him anytime soon.

Right the last point is probably key - tough to flip so quick after that unnecessary and unpopular stunt on Bernie only two weeks ago. 

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

A Bloomberg/Kloubachar ticket would win like 40 states.

30 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

This is true, too

giphy.gif

You'd be running two of the least charismatic and interesting human beings available. You would lose every fringe voter to the left of Hillary Clinton. That ticket's black voter turnout would make Hillary Clinton look like Barack Obama.

Their COMBINED RCP average is 11.4% and that's with Bloomberg running basically uncontested in a dozen major states he's flooding hundreds of millions of dollars in ads.

If he's paying you to lie to him with this bullshit, then all respect to you. Party on with your grift and wring that tiny shrill freak of every dollar you can, but if this is real thinking... what?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

giphy.gif

You'd be running two of the least charismatic and interesting human beings available. You would lose every fringe voter to the left of Hillary Clinton. That ticket's black voter turnout would make Hillary Clinton look like Barack Obama.

Their COMBINED RCP average is 11.4% and that's with Bloomberg running basically uncontested in a dozen major states he's flooding hundreds of millions of dollars in ads.

If he's paying you to lie to him with this bullshit, then all respect to you. Party on with your grift and wring that tiny shrill freak of every dollar you can, but if this is real thinking... what?

BC nuance. Looking for reaction. 

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

Why do people keep saying there is a chance democrats won’t get out to vote if their candidate doesn’t win the primary? The hatred for Trump is bringing them all out.

Corporate/Establishment Democrats signaling they will not support Sanders if he is the nominee.

And a fear that a Corporate nominee will not inspire the grassroots. 

48 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Why do people keep saying there is a chance democrats won’t get out to vote if their candidate doesn’t win the primary? The hatred for Trump is bringing them all out.

To me the only people who are at issue are low info minorities.   Old Trump haters and young Trump haters will vote. 

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Love to watch the guys throw the ball through the basketball ring on the field.

No way, is that real? I'm not the most hyper aware person but even I knew who Kobe Bryant was and the sport he played. I admit, I don't follow NBA much, but the best players in any sport are nice to watch.