2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

7 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Look at the +/- on that Monmouth Poll since the last one. 

We have (finally) entered the timing in the primary where there are significant increases and decreases in polling numbers now that voting has started. SHIT IS GETTING REAL. 

A series doesn’t get interesting until the home team loses a game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GSU&UT said:

Smooth Bernie continuing to rise.

The problems with these polls right now is the fact there are still simply too many candidates.  Bernie’s competition in this poll is Warren.  It will come down to Bernie and a moderate and then the national polls will matter.

8 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Biden collapse seems real. That will be hard to stop and really resets things.

Yeah, we all saw it coming but it still happened fast.  If he’s fifth or something he should step out but he won’t.  

This needs to be winnowed down to 3 or 4 people.

24 minutes ago, Pasken said:

Will someone now attack Klobuchar's temperament at the next debate? She lashes out at staff when she gets mad and she literally hit one of them with a binder once. That is not a person that should be in the White House. 

Something about making someone eat with a comb?

22 minutes ago, Pasken said:

Will someone now attack Klobuchar's temperament at the next debate? She lashes out at staff when she gets mad and she literally hit one of them with a binder once. That is not a person that should be in the White House. 

People who treat their own staff like shit are the worst. Trump outside shoulda told ya. 

Edited by JimmyJames

What a pitiful state our country is in if we go eight years with our options for president being the ladder-climbing naked-ambition personified wife of a former president, an idiot fake-billionaire game show host who literally paints his face orange, and a billionaire who bought his way into the election.Three baby boomers on top of that. Fucking sad.

I'll vote for him but damn. We suck.

Edited by BradInATX

What a pitiful state our country is in if we go eight years with our options for president being the ladder-climbing naked-ambition personified wife of a former president, an idiot fake-billionaire game show host who literally paints his face orange, and a billionaire who bought his way into the election.Three baby boomers on top of that. Fucking sad.

We are the country of the Kardashians.

30 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

There is a serious lack of ambition with some of these Gen X Dem pols. See my post above about Landrieu. 

Edited by Bruh Man

There is a serious lack of ambition with some of these Gen X Dem pols. See my post above about Landrieu. 
Being president is a thankless fucking job. It puts you and your family through the ringer. I understand people saying fuck it.

But again, we are the country that birthed the Kardashians. People know more about those fucksticks than basic economic concepts, world geography, or current events.

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

Pete Buttigieg and Amy Klobuchar are pulling about 45% of the vote in a New England state that is supposed to be Bernie’s and Warren’s territory.   Bernie and Warren are combining for 37%.

Bloomberg must be pinching himself at how outrageously well this is setting up for him.

New Hampshire's voters are 90 percent white. Iowa's are close to that. Pete and Klobuchar have polled atrociously among minority voters, which make up a much larger portion of the electorate in places where people actually live. Sanders has polled very well among latino voters, as well as younger black voters, and obviously black voters have supported Biden very strongly.

I am skeptical of Buttigieg or Klobuchar's ability to hold up when the electorate gets more diverse, and younger as well. We've seen nothing so far to indicate that either of them have any significant support from minority voters, and obviously younger voters trend more to their left. If anything, Sanders is looking really good going forward. He's beaten them twice on the terms most favorable to them (IDGAF about the tiny number of delegates awarded in Iowa, Sanders got the most votes in the first and second rounds). Agreed that it was a brutal night for Warren though. Exit polls showed the main driver for Klobuchar's surge was a shift from Warren to her from college educated white women. Maybe that's temporary and/or localized given recent events, but it would seem she's lost her mojo.

• Like 1

New Hampshire's voters are 90 percent white. Iowa's are close to that. Pete and Klobuchar have polled atrociously among minority voters, which make up a much larger portion of the electorate in places where people actually live. Sanders has polled very well among latino voters, as well as younger black voters, and obviously black voters have supported Biden very strongly.

I am skeptical of Buttigieg or Klobuchar's ability to hold up when the electorate gets more diverse, and younger as well. We've seen nothing so far to indicate that either of them have any significant support from minority voters, and obviously younger voters trend more to their left. If anything, Sanders is looking really good going forward. He's beaten them twice on the terms most favorable to them (IDGAF about the tiny number of delegates awarded in Iowa, Sanders got the most votes in the first and second rounds). Agreed that it was a brutal night for Warren though. Exit polls showed the main driver for Klobuchar's surge was a shift from Warren to her from college educated white women. Maybe that's temporary and/or localized given recent events, but it would seem she's lost her mojo.

That makes no sense to me, I’m not arguing or disagreeing with you but Kloby and Warren are not the same female candidate, not at all. How you switch from Warren to her makes no sense.

21 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

am skeptical of Buttigieg or Klobuchar's ability to hold up when the electorate gets more diverse, and younger as well.

You know, I'm going to have faith in the younger voters and the minority voters to choose correctly when it comes to voting over Trump.

If they can't do that, then fuck 'em.  If they turn the tide of voters and hand the nomination to someone in particular, then great, more power to them.

I'm still shocked that Pete is top 2 in this race. Biden and Warren might as well drop out.

You can’t have a clear early picture until POC have a chance to vote. That’s NV and SC. Going into Super Tuesday you know a lot more. Whiteville doesn’t do it for the Dems.

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
2 hours ago, BradInATX said:

We are the country of the Kardashians

This is it in a nutshell.  The only reality show I ever watched was Top Chef, and that was dumb as fuck.  When many of my smart friends were spending their time on all of this nonsensical bullshit, I thought we were in trouble.  Remember when LandonDonovan hit that goal against, was it Czech Republic, or some such, and everyone starting sending those reaction shots of people in bars all going wild when he made the goal?  I always thought that reflected a weird focus on "reaction" rather than "action".  That we as a society were becoming enamored with not heroic acts but with the flaccid flotsam and jetsam of moronic criticism. Show me the goal, don't waste my time on watching a bunch of fatasses in a bar jump in the air.

We've romanticized mundane sloth rather than glorified good acts and ethical, brave conduct. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Begun the Nevada caucus wars have 

If you look at the flyer itself, it isn’t all that dramatic. All it does is list out every candidate’s healthcare goal. Under sanders it says it will end their union healthcare and replace with Medicare for all.  Which is true as far as I know. 

Edited by Xian

Seems worrisome, but there is no way Bernie's huge popularity in the hispanic and latino community suddenly shifts to Pete or Amy with Biden basically conceding Nevada.
It could shift, but not because of this.

Workers know when union bosses are up to some bullshit to protect their fiefdom. The bosses are only doing this because they know their workers want M4A.