2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

Just now, Ghost of LL said:

You're the person who's trying to persuade people to vote for your guy.

I am? Since when?

I don't give a fuck who you vote for, Ghost. Vote for Bernie, vote for Pete, vote for Trump, jump off a cliff, I don't care and never will. 

You sound like a drunk woman at a TJ Maxx screaming about someone giving you poor customer service who doesn't even work there.

"WELL I AM TAKING MY BUSINESS ELSEWHERE!"

Pathetic.

• Haha 1

Just now, bad_teammate said:

I am? Since when?

I don't give a fuck who you vote for, Ghost. Vote for Bernie, vote for Pete, vote for Trump, jump off a cliff, I don't care and never will. 

You sound like a drunk woman at a TJ Maxx screaming about someone giving you poor customer service who doesn't even work there.

"WELL I AM TAKING MY BUSINESS ELSEWHERE!"

Pathetic.

...because you think 25.9% is enough to win the nomination?

Jesus. Ok. Saint Bernie and his saintly Bros would NEVER harass anyone  

He's not wrong, and you know it.

The reality of the Culinary 266 situation is that union members for hard after the union bosses all the time.

And it's true that many union members side with Bernie.

Bernie didn't invent ugly union politics.

4 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Uhhh, I don't think that's how this works.  You're going to need a majority of delegates.

Uhhh, I think if you harrass people on a message board all day long about how great your candidate is and then scream, Bernie, Bernie, Bernie then he gets the nomination.  Pretty sure I read that somewhere.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Thanks ghost - I forgot who you are supporting? Bloomberg?

I'm not "supporting" anybody right now.  I'm fairly undecided.

I'm currently most supportive of Klobuchar.  But I'm far from sold on her.  And anyway, I think it's highly unlikely that she will get the nomination.

I've gone through about a half-dozen possible candidates to support, from Beto (last March) to Kamala (last Summer) to Warren (last August) to Pete (last September) back to Warren (for that one crazy week in late September) then to Biden (when I got truly depressed and was like "oh, fuck it") then to Contested-Convention-Hooray! and now maybe to Klobuchar.

As I have pointed out on the Bloomberg thread, I'm not a fan of his.  Between stop-and-frisk and his sexual harassment problems and his general assholery, I don't see myself voting for him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

I'm currently most supportive of Klobuchar.  But I'm far from sold on her.  And anyway, I think it's highly unlikely that she will get the nomination.

I've gone through about a half-dozen possible candidates to support, from Beto (last March) to Kamala (last Summer) to Warren (last August) to Pete (last September) back to Warren (for that one crazy week in late September) then to Biden (when I got truly depressed and was like "oh, fuck it") then to Contested-Convention-Hooray! and now maybe to Klobuchar.

As I have pointed out on the Bloomberg thread, I'm not a fan of his.  Between stop-and-frisk and his sexual harassment problems and his general assholery, I don't see myself voting for him.

Thanks - that helps. 

So undecided but favor the centrist lane sans Bloomberg. Makes sense. 

What would it take for Klobuchar to be your candidate - someone you would stand behind, maybe donate or work for . . . ?   Electability? I think she is electable. Organization? That is a major deficit for her right now. She needs a lot of $$$ and people. 

2 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

That doesn’t seem all that impressive if Trump is as unpopular as the leftists here want to claim.

What is a leftist?  What is your definition of a leftist, liberal, progressive? Are they the same to you?  

Curious about the label "leftist" in Republican Newspeak you promote.

spacer.png

34 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Uhhh, I don't think that's how this works.  You're going to need a majority of delegates.

Beat us.

21 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Oh wow so your whole "I'm just sitting here innocently open to Bernie and you're being so rude that you've lost a sale" act was disingenuous from the outset? Shocking.

15 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Thanks - that helps. 

So undecided but favor the centrist lane sans Bloomberg. Makes sense. 

What would it take for Klobuchar to be your candidate - someone you would stand behind, maybe donate or work for . . . ?   Electability? I think she is electable. Organization? That is a major deficit for her right now. She needs a lot of $$$ and people. 

I haven't confined myself to the "centrist lane."  First off, I don't think Beto was in that lane.  And second--and as I pointed out--I was very supportive of Elizabeth Warren last Fall.

As to Klobuchar, I think you're right about electability.  And really, that's been her primary spiel up until now.  But now I want to hear some more about her policy positions, and I want to hear a good defense of her time as Hennepin County Attorney. 

Those two things are what sunk Kamala, with me and with a lot of people.  So before I get too invested in Amy, I need to hear some answers on those topics.  And I suspect that we will hear about those things in the next debate.

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Beat us.

Oh wow so your whole "I'm just sitting here innocently open to Bernie and you're being so rude that you've lost a sale" act was disingenuous from the outset? Shocking.

Yeah--I'm not open to Bernie.  And here's the thing--I'm not open to Bernie in large part because his supporters are a bunch of lunatics.

If Bernie had a normal set of supporters, it's hard to say whether I would be open to supporting him.  But he doesn't, and i'm not.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Oh, yeah, bro--I'm totally the fight-starter.

No one was talking to you and you jumped in with hostility and negativity. It's just a fact.

I don't know why you guys are so hesitant to admit it.

Biff out here starting entire threads to cause fights. You chiming in to start fights. All of you pretending that's not what you're doing.

Be a man, ghost.

And, for the record, if I adhered solely to my class interests, I'd be 100% on board with Trump.

What is your guiding principle then, whoever is nicer to you?

Edited by bad_teammate

18 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Why you so angry bro? 

He knows he doesn't have a coherent argument in favor of Trump. So he gets angry and emotes . . .

Trump has painted so many into little tiny corners, told them to hold the rope, and then skips off to be with his billionaire buddies who laugh at Trump supporters. It is a bit sad. They will understand at some point how they much they were betrayed. 

Just now, washparkhorn said:

He knows he doesn't have a coherent argument in favor of Trump. So he gets angry and emotes . . .

Trump has painted so many into little tiny corners, told them to hold the rope, and then skips off to be with his billionaire buddies who laugh at Trump supporters. It is a bit sad. They will understand at some point how they much they were betrayed. 

No.  I don't think they will.

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

Yeah--I'm not open to Bernie.  And here's the thing--I'm not open to Bernie in large part because his supporters are a bunch of lunatics.

If Bernie had a normal set of supporters, it's hard to say whether I would be open to supporting him.  But he doesn't, and i'm not.

Dude, vote for whoever you want, just stop with this disingenuous crap because you were arguing with bad_teammate for the past several months, it's a freaking internet forum where people have passionate beliefs. We weren't the ones lecturing others about how their supposed refusal to vote for Hillary gave us Trump, it'd be the height of hypocrisy for us to turn around and blame you for not delivering Bernie and bad_teammate isn't doing that.

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

You know what--I'm done with this.  You're nothing but a troll, and I refuse to engage in this further.

Say hi to swam on my "ignore" list.

swams long gone. Rip

you’re a good guy, don’t let anyone annoy you to the point of ignoring them.  Its just the net. 

1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:

Preferred candidate? Thanks!

I am not locked into one yet.  I am a life long Democrat so I will vote for whomever goes against Trump.   As a life long Democrat Bernie would be my last choice since he isn’t even a member of the Democratic Party.  That being said even if he joined it I do not care for most of his ideas.  I lean more moderate than to the left I guess.  Right now I want someone that can win and my gut tells me that is Bloomberg if he adds a African American woman as VP  (someone like Stacy Abrams).  I think Bloomberg will do some stuff on gun control, the environment and bring normalcy back to being President.  Maybe even get the ACA back on track with some changes and a public option as a choice would be fine with me.  I don’t want Medicare 4 all, free college or any of that.  This country has so many morons I could be persuaded for free clown or barber college though.  Maybe clown barbers is what this country needs to help us heal.

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I am not locked into one yet.  I am a life long Democrat so I will vote for whomever goes against Trump.   As a life long Democrat Bernie would be my last choice since he isn’t even a member of the Democratic Party.  That being said even if he joined it I do not care for most of his ideas.  I lean more moderate than to the left I guess.  Right now I want someone that can win and my gut tells me that is Bloomberg if he adds a African American woman as VP  (someone like Stacy Abrams).  I think Bloomberg will do some stuff on gun control, the environment and bring normalcy back to being President.  Maybe even get the ACA back on track with some changes and a public option as a choice would be fine with me.  I don’t want Medicare 4 all, free college or any of that.  This country has so many morons I could be persuaded for free clown or barber college though.  Maybe clown barbers is what this country needs to help us heal.

I sincerely appreciate the response. 

Just one small clarification - Sanders is a member of the Democratic Party. https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/5759487-Bernie-Sanders-signs-DNC-loyalty-pledge.html

2 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Can I talk you into a senator from Vermont named Bernard Sanders?

7 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

“rat”, “snake”. It’s like they don’t realize they are using tricks right out of Donald’s playbook.

My fave thing was watching the Bros foam at the mouth and shriek at Harris, Pete and Biden and even Warren moving away from M4A as disingenuous flip floppers. 

Now? It’s good politics. Compromise. Position of strength. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

My fave thing was watching the Bros foam at the mouth and shriek at Harris, Pete and Biden and even Warren moving away from M4A as disingenuous flip floppers. 

Now? It’s good politics. Compromise. Position of strength. 

You seriously, seriously, don't think there's a huge difference between starting from the point of accepting that there will have to be something watered beforehand because it will be easier to compromise versus doing everything you can to pass the original bill before you try to compromise? I don't think any of us Bernie supporters here ever said that M4A would unequivocally get passed without any changes and I don't know almost any at all who have. I'd seriously like to see some receipts.

Edited by GSU&UT

swams long gone. Rip
you’re a good guy, don’t let anyone annoy you to the point of ignoring them.  Its just the net. 

Yeah, but it’s for the best. There’s a fair chance that Bernie is going to be the nominee. And if he’s the nominee, then I have to vote for him.

So given that, it’s for the best that I ignore bt, because he makes me absolutely fucking hate Bernie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4