2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

why is everybody being mean to me and starting fights with me when all i do is try to start rational discussions?!

When have I ever said anything like this?

Sometimes I start shit and I don't pretend that I don't. Self-awareness, bud, try it out.

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

My fave thing was watching the Bros foam at the mouth and shriek at Harris, Pete and Biden and even Warren moving away from M4A as disingenuous flip floppers. 

Now? It’s good politics. Compromise. Position of strength. 

AOC isn't "moving away from M4A", she is pointing out how negotiations happen.

Warren straight up changed her plan from M4A to M4A, Eventually. She adjusted her starting position.

8 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Yeah, but it’s for the best. There’s a fair chance that Bernie is going to be the nominee. And if he’s the nominee, then I have to vote for him.

So given that, it’s for the best that I ignore bt, because he makes me absolutely fucking hate Bernie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well if ignoring BT forces you to vote for Bernie if he is in fact the nominee, then ignore BT. Defeating trump is more important than some internet poster.

And I say this as someone who both wholeheartedly supported Bernie in 2016 because I thought he had a better chance to beat trump than Hillary and thought trump could win and who doesn’t agree with many of Bernie’s positions either.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, troph said:

And all the Bernie bros combined

You'll get through the stages of grief and I'll be here for you at the end of it.

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

NYT has started the co-endorsement bullshit. 

They encourage candidates to stay in, which at this point probably only helps Bernie.

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

NYT has started the co-endorsement bullshit. 

It such a perfect distillation of the time we are in.  Everyone is so fucking cowed regarding race, age, gender, sexual orientation...that making an actual decision on an endorsement is impossible.

Protip: It gave us Trump.

11 hours ago, Skipper said:

I love how the far left on this board act like Bernie actually represents the Democratic Party considering his platform does not remotely resemble the democratic party historically.  Most of my immediate family are democrats and have voted democrat their entire lives.  They all think Bernie is batshit crazy.   

I'm not a Bernie voter.  I've stated who I'm voting for two dozen times on this board.  However, I'll admit that he is my second choice.  I'd rather move left than right if (when) my candidate loses.

Obama wanted a public option with the ACA and Hillary/Bill were pushing for universal health care 30 years ago.  The Democrats were always pro-union/workers' rights.  I'm pretty sure they're the only party at the moment (that can win) that cares about the environment.  I seriously doubt Bernie will pass any tax rates higher than what existed at some point in the 20th century before our decades long experiment in failed trickle down economics.  He doesn't seem too out of line.

Yeah, the far left Democrats are very scary and radical. We should be very afraid of the FDR-type Democrats running and nominate someone that the new George. W. Bush wing of the Democratic party feels more comfortable and safe with.

Edited by Tom
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

I'm not a Bernie voter.  I've stated who I'm voting for two dozen times on this board.  However, I'll admit that he is my second choice.  I'd rather move left than right if (when) my candidate loses.

Obama wanted a public option with the ACA and Hillary/Bill were pushing for universal health care 30 years ago.  The Democrats were always pro-union/workers' rights.  I'm pretty sure they're the only party at the moment (that can win) that cares about the environment.  I seriously doubt Bernie will pass any tax rates higher than what existed at some point in the 20th century before our decades long experiment in failed trickle down economics.

Yeah, the far left Democrats are very scary and radical. We should be very afraid of the FDR-type Democrats running and nominate someone that the new George. W. Bush wing of the Democratic party feels more comfortable and safe with.

Is that the Nazi War Criminal, Not My President, Retard George W, Bush wing of the Democratic party?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Is that the Nazi War Criminal, Not My President, Retard George W, Bush wing of the Democratic party?

The Never Trumper wing. They don’t know how to beat Trump. They shouldn’t be the group calling the shots in the nominee voting. No offense to them. Glad they will vote D - if they do. 

Edited by washparkhorn

Re: the Tex. Tribune Poll - numbers from January 31 to February 9. A lot happened during that time and after. 

Good numbers for Bernie. He should still be up, but I suspect you will see a lot of Biden support has moved to Bloomberg and Buttigieg, with a little drift lower for Warren if you compare these numbers to trends. I would expect Amy has picked up some of Warren and Biden's supporters (more Biden than Warren). I would have it Bernie, Buttigieg, Bloomberg®, Biden, Warren and Amy right now. But Super Tuesday is still a long way off.  The narratives forming around the ascendency of Bloomberg; the battle for the center lane between Buttigieg, Warren, Amy and Biden; and the structural advantages built by the Sanders campaign (and whether it can keep that edge over Bloomberg). 

Anything can and will happen. Biden, Warren, Buttigieg and Amy are still potent. But Bloomberg has unleashed a dollop of his vast wealth and they stand in his way. Good to see some Biden folks fighting back against the Bloomberg narrative.

Never Trumper J. Rubin narrative on Biden:

Meanwhile at Trump-Donating MSNBC - the newest polls are in!!!!

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Js1 said:

My fave thing was watching the Bros foam at the mouth and shriek at Harris, Pete and Biden and even Warren moving away from M4A as disingenuous flip floppers. 

Politics is fucking awesome.

Any poll that has Biden over 15 I find extremely hard to believe.  Most of them are from 2 weeks ago and there has been a lot of movement.  I can't imagine why anyone is supporting him at this point.  NV and SC will be interesting because that is (supposedly) his wheelhouse and if comes in flat, then he should drop out before Super Tuesday.

11 hours ago, Js1 said:

M4A was always BERNIE’S branding strategy to acquire the presidency.

All the other candidates openly advocating for M4A were FAKES because they weren’t High Sparrow Bernard! The one true savior of healthcare! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

M4A was always BERNIE’S branding strategy to acquire the presidency.

All the other candidates openly advocating for M4A were FAKES because they weren’t High Sparrow Bernard! The one true savior of healthcare! 

Glad to see you back and just as mad as ever.

8 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Trump up 47-45 on Bernie in Texas. Bernie is also now leading the state for the Dem primary.

Lots to look at in those numbers. Full article: https://www.texastribune.org/2020/02/14/bernie-sanders-leading-texas-ahead-super-tuesday-uttt-poll-says/

A slight majority of all Texas voters — 52% — said they would not vote to reelect President Donald Trump in November. Republicans remain solidly in his corner: 90% said they would vote to reelect Trump, including 80% who said they “definitely” would do so. Democrats feel just as strongly: 93% said they would not vote for the president’s reelection, including 88% who would “definitely not” vote for him. Independent voters were against reelection, but less so: 38% said they would vote to reelect Trump, while 62% said they would vote against him.

<snip>

But when pitted against some of the top Democrats in hypothetical head-to-head contests, the president topped them all, if somewhat narrowly. Trump would beat Sanders by 2 percentage points, 47%-45%, within the poll’s margin of error. He’d beat Biden 47-43, Warren 47-44, Bloomberg 46-41, Buttigieg 47-42, and Klobuchar 46-41. Trump had 45% support against Yang’s 43%. The president, whose reelect number was under 50% in the survey, didn't get a majority of the vote in any of the matchups, even while getting more support than each Democrat.

"The Trump trial ballots confirm what we’ve seen, that Trump is winning, but he clearly is under-performing, given the party profile in the state," said Daron Shaw, a government professor at UT-Austin who co-directs the poll. "It is interesting when you put a flesh and blood Democrat up there, it drops that number, but here’s a Republican in a Republican state who’s not at 50%, which is a sign of weakness."

If we all hang together, Texas is going to be close.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah, that requires reporting on the media's part. Bloomberg looks at least 10 years younger than both Sanders and Biden. Voters aren't going to research that stuff.

Watched the CBS evening news last night and they literally did a 5 second "something something he said about search and frisk but that was a long time ago and he apologized immediately". JFC CBS, you have the audio. Play it and let the voters decide.

• Like 1

Just now, Cheeseweasel said:

Watched the CBS evening news last night and they literally did a 5 second "something something he said about search and frisk but that was a long time ago and he apologized immediately". JFC CBS, you have the audio. Play it and let the voters decide.

While his huge ad buys are important, I think this stuff is why he's rising so high. Positive/neutral coverage on mass media is what gets into the eyeballs and his billionaire media mogul influence is everywhere.

Every time some talking head goes onto mass media and apologizes for Bloomberg or runs interference for Bloomberg, they need to be challenged. They need to be asked what financial connections they have to Bloomberg's empire. They need to be called out on being a shill for plutocracy. We have to either turn them into honest journalists/commentators or shame them into silence.

This is a fight for the soul of our democracy and we need to treat it like that.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Yep, this is basically self-censorship at this point.

• Like 1

If we all hang together, Texas is going to be close.

Just one poll but the numbers are at least encouraging. Trump hits a hard cap at 46-47 percent, with progressive candidates faring better. And of course the 52 percent no on reelection.

I fully expect Trump to win here but it'd be incredibly satusfying if Texas was the decisive factor in telling the rustbelt and secsecsec to get fucked.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

Florida isn't a swing state. If the Democrats win Florida, you're talking landslide victory.

Florida has moved solidly GOP too, just enormous amounts of old whites that keep moving there, read up about The Villages .The only possible saving grace is restoring felon voting rights but the Florida Supreme Court is Red and probably going to basically make that impossible for many.

Edited by GSU&UT

Just now, Aqua Buddha said:

Yeah, the Jewish former mayor of NYC would do terrible in Florida.

My comment had nothing to do with Bloomberg. I'm just saying Florida isn't really important in the grand scheme of things. If Florida is blue, PA, WI, MI, and AZ already were blue, and the election was never in question.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Florida isn't a swing state. If the Democrats win Florida, you're talking landslide victory.

I would still classify any state that had a 3 or 4 point margin or less as a swing state

Michigan - 0.3
New Hampshire - 0.4
Wisconsin - 1
Pennsylvania - 1.2
Florida - 1.2
Minnesota - 1.5
Nevada - 2.4
Maine - 2.7
North Carolina - 3.8
Arizona - 3.9

Those are the 10 states that make or break the 2020 election. 

You can't call Pennsylvania a swing state but not Florida - the margin was exactly the same. 

• Like 1