2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

To find people who would be perfectly fine with living under a dictator or monarch so long as their taxes don’t go up, look no further than the Bloomberg supporters itt.  These people couldn’t care less about anything as long as they get theirs. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I would still classify any state that had a 3 or 4 point margin or less as a swing state

Michigan - 0.3
New Hampshire - 0.4
Wisconsin - 1
Pennsylvania - 1.2
Florida - 1.2
Minnesota - 1.5
Nevada - 2.4
Maine - 2.7
North Carolina - 3.8
Arizona - 3.9

Those are the 10 states that make or break the 2020 election. 

You can't call Pennsylvania a swing state but not Florida - the margin was exactly the same. 

Biden was the only chance PA had at beating Trump. Before they all saw that his mind has turned to mush.

The best play the Dems have in PA is to play ads highlighting Bloomberg’s racism. That’s going to be seen as a positive in most counties. 

Edited by heso

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

Everyone needs to just unload everything onto the billionaires. Steyer and Bloomberg need to be smoking craters.

Any fighting that isn't about crushing these oligarchs is wrong. Let this next debate be their political grave.

I hate myself for it but I kinda like Steyer on a personal level. Nuke Bloomberg from orbit, nicely push Steyer aside but encourage him to dump a couple hundred million bucks into voter registration and anti-Trump ads in the general.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

I hate myself for it but I kinda like Steyer on a personal level. Nuke Bloomberg from orbit, nicely push Steyer aside but encourage him to dump a couple hundred million bucks into voter registration and anti-Trump ads in the general.

Well Bloomberg has done the things you want to encourage Steyer to do.  I mean, he gave Abrams $5 million for her group. 

Just now, Js1 said:

Well Bloomberg has done the things you want to encourage Steyer to do.  I mean, he gave Abrams $5 million for her group. 

And he gave $3M to re-elect the Republican governor of Michigan after the Flint water crisis that he knew about and did nothing to help.

Turns out that it's really easy to give people the lint out of your suit pockets.

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I hate myself for it but I kinda like Steyer on a personal level.

Kill that weakness.

50 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Florida isn't a swing state. If the Democrats win Florida, you're talking landslide victory.

It's swing enough. Florida has voted for the national in all but 2 elections since 1924. Bush beat Clinton by 100k votes in 92, and Nixon beat Kennedy by 47K in 1960. 

IOW, 150000 votes total separate Florida from a perfect record over 92 years. 

Win Florida and that's ballgame.

Since we were sharing earlier on the thread, Warren was and is my pick of the Dem candidates. But I also acknowledge nobody should give a shit about that because I'm not a Democrat and I'm going to vote for their nominee anyway. I'm starting to think even Bloomberg while holding my nose if it comes to that. 

I also acknowledge that Warren is my favorite because she's actually a conservative/classical liberal in many ways. I'm a libertarian at heart but my social liberties are far more important to me than money. So when it comes to the economic side of politics a Democrat whose focus is in fixing our broken "capitalism" appeals to me. What we have right now is crony capitalism AT BEST. Actually just oligarchic capitalism. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

It's swing enough. Florida has voted for the national in all but 2 elections since 1924. Bush beat Clinton by 100k votes in 92, and Nixon beat Kennedy by 47K in 1960. 

IOW, 150000 votes total separate Florida from a perfect record over 92 years. 

Win Florida and that's ballgame.

Exactly.  A M4A candidate would be a death sentence there.  Trump will spend the 10 months scaring the olds.

jfc

i'm deep in Trump country, visiting my dad in NE Texas.

he is 'no fan' of Trump, as he puts it. but he watches Fox non-stop, just has it on constantly in the background. 

anyway, he's reachable...he hates all things Clinton with the hate of a thousand burning suns and says he would have voted for Sanders. i doubt it...but i used that as an opening to try and discuss Democratic options last night.

he's a veteren and ALWAYS favors CiC with military experience.

(sidenote: we had a giant screaming fight back in 2012 bc he was railing on Obama 'avoiding' military experience and i let loose a tirade about Romney's FOUR SONS who were eligible who all somehow avoided it as well... let's just say one of us stormed out of my house in anger, and it wasn't me).

anyway...he had NO IDEA Pete was a veteran (or Tulsi for that matter). how is that even possible. fucking Fox. Pete drops that nugget literally daily. he was like 'really?? well i'll be...'

anyway...i tried to talk up Sanders, Pete, and Amy. he asked about the latter two being 'more moderate' lol. didn't have anything terrible to say about any of them..except Biden, who he also hates.

he might be reachable. not likely, but maybe. *sigh*

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Something tells me the final results aren’t going to look like that at all.  Bern’s ceiling is 30% but his floor is 25%.  Everyone else is a crap shoot.  Add on that it’s a Caucus.....

If Bernie is the only viable candidate after the first round in lots of precincts then he sweeps in that precinct. Polling 25% or higher with all but one other above 15% is good.

1 minute ago, mchookem said:

jfc

he is 'no fan' of Trump, as he puts it. but he watches Fox non-stop, just has it on constantly in the background. 

anyway, he's reachable...

...i tried to talk up Sanders, Pete, and Amy. he asked about the latter two being 'more moderate' lol. didn't have anything terrible to say about any of them..except Biden, who he also hates.

Keep doing work!

8 minutes ago, mchookem said:

This one is easy. It's pointless to try and sell the DNC-loyalist candidates, but you can get a Bernie vote out of him.

1) Bring up every time Hillary (who your dad hates) has tried to knife Bernie in the back.

"You know who Hillary hates more than Trump? Bernie Sanders. Just imagine how she will feel if Bernie is nominated after she and the crooked DNC rigged it last time. Imagine her having to live with that humiliation for the rest of her life. Imagine him being inaugurated president and she has to sit there with her pedophile husband and watch Bernie get sworn in like she's always dreamed!"

2) Bring up how much the media libs (who your dad hates) cries about Bernie.

"FOX is fairer to Bernie, aren't they? If you watch MSNBC you've got Chris 'tingle up the leg' Matthews shaking in his boots about how Bernie's going to drag him into Central Park to execute him. FOX, though? Obviously they disagree with him but they give him a fair shot and they don't freak out like they're scared. He wins these primaries and CNN is like, 'Uhhh, well forget first place what's really important is a strong third!!'"

3) If he hates Obama, then bring up the reports that Obama doesn't want Bernie to win.

"It's not just Clinton, either, Obama wants him out to. Obama's people are leaking that he wants to step in at the last second to prevent Bernie from getting the nomination. They're scared. Why do you think they're scared? He's a threat to their power."

4) Trump's time is up. Time for Republican renewal sparked by a radical Democrat.

"We both know the Republican Party is dead for now. It's got to rebuild and it needs focus and goals. It needs real voices and a Bernie presidency would be perfect because it allows the Republicans to start over with a blank slate."

He's primed and ready. Just go for the obvious sales pitch.

• Like 1

I changed my registration before the last election, but my wife is still a registered republican here in Florida. She voted for Hillary last time. She doesn’t follow politics at all, but Bloomberg’s ads are working on her. If she could vote in the Dem primary that is who she would vote for. 

I actually get to vote in the Dem primary and I really don’t know who that will be yet. If Sanders keeps his momentum going and looks like he can enter the general in a strong position, then I guess that is my guy. Although damn he is old. Of course, all I really care about is beating Trump. 

53 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

EDIT:

The sad thing is, I don't think it ever gets done to a one-on-one race.

I think you'll have Bernie-Bloomberg-NonRichModerate after Super Tuesday. 

Edited by Js1

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

jfc

anyway, he's reachable...he hates all things Clinton with the hate of a thousand burning suns and says he would have voted for Sanders. i doubt it...but i used that as an opening to try and discuss Democratic options last night.

(sidenote: we had a giant screaming fight back in 2012 bc he was railing on Obama 'avoiding' military experience and i let loose a tirade about Romney's FOUR SONS who were eligible who all somehow avoided it as well... let's just say one of us stormed out of my house in anger, and it wasn't me).

anyway...he had NO IDEA Pete was a veteran (or Tulsi for that matter). how is that even possible. fucking Fox. Pete drops that nugget literally daily. he was like 'really?? well i'll be...'

anyway...i tried to talk up Sanders, Pete, and Amy. he asked about the latter two being 'more moderate' lol. didn't have anything terrible to say about any of them..except Biden, who he also hates.

at this point, it's not even about "reaching" these types.  if they aren't a "fan" of trump, just tell him to sit this one out.  that works too.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I would like Peter Paul Buttigieg to speak to his supporters about this abusive and inconsiderate behavior.

#DoBetter

isn't it weird how it's always the bernie fans that seem to have these anecdotal anti-pete stories just happen right around them?  the universe works in funny ways.

"hey this is funny.  we were out canvassing for bern, and this nerdy looking pasty white guy walked by, and we were like, hey, vote bernie, and he said he was a pete guy, and we were super cool and nice to him, and didn't even try to convince him, we just patted him on the back for being involved, and then he turned back to us and was like 'just joking, i would never vote for that rat-faced piece of shit garbage candidate lol'".

• Like 1

This is my point, dude.

DfB0CZ6W4AA14M4.jpg

It's like the people who claim they are being threatened and harassed by Bernie Bros, but when asked for details they say that asking for details is violence and never are able to provide any. Or, if they do provide details, it's just people mocking or dunking on the Internet in very normal Internet ways.

It's almost like complaining about the misbehavior of supporters is stupid! :)

So the Culinary Workers union bosses in Nevada released some details about the horrible harassment and threats and it turns out that it was a bunch of their union members pissed off at them (which... is how unions work) and the #1 guy who went off in the comments was ranting about "illegals" and "Communists".

We're well past the boy who cried wolf point.

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

jfc

He is reachable. Well done. 

8 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

So the Culinary Workers union bosses in Nevada released some details about the horrible harassment and threats and it turns out that it was a bunch of their union members pissed off at them (which... is how unions work) and the #1 guy who went off in the comments was ranting about "illegals" and "Communists".

We're well past the boy who cried wolf point.

The power of the People of the United States of America to root out corruption, wherever they find it. Yes we can!

34 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

Agreed, going to make April and June a complete shitshow

The Pod Save America guys were talking about how delegates are awarded and basically said if Bernie wins SC and Nevada he's a virtual lock for the nomination simply because it would make it almost mathematically impossible for others to catch him in delegates unless one of them started beating him in Super Tuesday states by like 60-70%.

• Like 2