2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

Definitely possible.

More likely if a bunch of dead-enders and grifters get out before Super Tuesday. Hard to win 51% when you've got 9 people running against ya!

Regarding the "there will be more combined votes for moderates than votes for Sanders" thing... how do y'all think Warren and Buttigieg (and hell, probably even Biden) feel about being called "moderates"?

What if I mistake numbers for numbers? As in 50k people attending rallies in 3-4 days. As in getting the most votes. As in getting record numbers of volunteers and donors. As in record-breaking turnout in a state that neighbors his own.

source.gif

The only numbers that matter are 1) the majority (50%+) of delegates in the primary, and 2) more votes than Trump in the general.

And nobody on the Dem slate is going to get either of those.  But hey, we might pick someone who will lose with enthusiasm and passion, so....hooray.

Just now, WBT said:

So this result would give all the delegates to Sanders?  The 15% threshold applies to every state, right?

Yes, he would get all of them.

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I'm not shocked that Sanders cleans up in CA, or that Warren is strong relative to a lot of other places. I'm honestly surprised Biden and Bloomberg are that high there. 

Bloomberg isn't surprising at all given his insane spending and a lot of Biden's support has moved to him. I think Biden is screwed big time on Super Tuesday unless he miraculously wins NV and destroys everyone in SC.

4 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Sanders will be the weakest Democrat nominee since Dukakis

Once Bernie gets the nomination he will activate tens of thousands of Antifa sleeper cells that will rise up and behead their white business owning parents and usher in a golden age of online harassment.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

is this real? dang. i admit...part of what i like about Pete is i feel like he will get messy-nasty and cut a bitch if he ended up having to go head to head with Trump, and i think that might be what it will take.

yeah, he had a solid town hall tonight.

had a good bloomberg quote i'm sure it's somewhere on twitter.

Edited by henrygandorf

From the Lev Parnas leaked tape:

""If Bernie would have been VP it would have been tougher...I got 20% of Bernie vote because of trade. He's a big trade guy...

Had she picked Bernie Sanders it would have been tougher. He is the only one I didn't want her to pick."

Or maybe that was just more of his 16D Chess coming in to play. 

Camus said “nihilism is not only despair and negation but, above all, the desire to despair and to negate.” 

We all have a moral choice to make between hope and fragmentation. There is no effort required to watch America careen into the abyss. Saving the People of America only requires that we give a damn. 

Not voting is a choice. It makes one no less responsible. Exercising one's right to vote is a bullet with butterfly wings that sends shivers to those betting on the atomization of America and destruction of her ideals.

Everyone's voice and vote is needed this year. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Sanders will be the weakest Democrat nominee since Dukakis

Wishful thinking? I appreciate the effort. Sanders' win over Trump will be epic. The humiliation of Trump losing in a landslide to a "Commie" will stay with him for all eternity. 

Trump and his band of carpetbaggers are getting nervous Trump supporters will turn on them and put their heads on the proverbial spikes. He will be more toxic than Nixon by November.  

Edited by washparkhorn
Trump did not deliver on his promises . . .

36 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Camus said “nihilism is not only despair and negation but, above all, the desire to despair and to negate.” 

We all have a moral choice to make between hope and fragmentation. There is no effort required to watch America careen into the abyss. Saving the People of America only requires that we give a damn. 

Not voting is a choice. It makes one no less responsible. Exercising one's right to vote is a bullet with butterfly wings that sends shivers to those betting on the atomization of America and destruction of her ideals.

Everyone's voice and vote is needed this year. 

in my own personal survey, are you blue no matter who?

5 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

in my own personal survey, are you blue no matter who?

Since I know who will be the nominee, the question is undoubtedly yes for me. 

Will you vote and support Sanders?

Edited by washparkhorn
Bread for the Body. Roses for the Soul.
  • Like 1