2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

On 2/26/2020 at 11:15 AM, Bruh Man said:

Are you a Democrat? If so, don't you want a Democrat choosing RBG's seat?

This is a good point. I deeply admire RBG. I also admired Scalia. I'll have to think about this.

I'm an Independent voter. Voted for Obama twice and Hillary. I voted for Beto and I'm supporting MJ Hegar.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Bloomberg has far better business acumen than the rest of the field, and his policies are favorable for job growth and economic expansion.  Would happily vote for him.

Biden is the closest candidate to my man Barack Obama - best goddamn president in our lifetime and wouldn't mind seeing a return to the 2008-2016 days.   

What on Earth makes you think simply beating Trump is going to result in a return to those days?

9 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Very pearl clutching to Buffy.  

Pro lifer got in Mrs. Aqua Buddha's space.  He was insisting that she take a pamphlet of some kind.  He said "Aren't you open minded?"

"No, we're not every open minded,"  I said.  He looked confused at left.

Bern supporter later shouted at us that Bloomberg was going to stop and frisk me.  "Not me, he won't."

He looked confused, too.

Imagine being able to make that last joke and at the same time be offended by a guy in a pickle suit being loud. Enjoy Arkansas Aqua. Y’all were made for each other.

• Like 4

Was this posted and I missed it? This thread moves page to page quickly and I miss things. I am amazed that people don't know Barry Sanders but I guess if they don't follow football they wouldn't know he and Garth both attended OSU. I suppose I'm biased due to my Oklahoma connection, but wow....

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Was this posted and I missed it? This thread moves page to page quickly and I miss things. I am amazed that people don't know Barry Sanders but I guess if they don't follow football they wouldn't know he and Garth both attended OSU. I suppose I'm biased due to my Oklahoma connection, but wow....

Damn. Facebook really is a collection of stupidity on an unheard level.

I miss the old days when we didn't have to hear from morons. Fuck you Zuck for giving them a voice.

My opinion is that the Bern surge has been amazing and I love to see Bernie Bros getting their hopes up for the inevitable crash and burn (pun not intended) and Biden getting the nomination anyways. Chaos is a ladder, I’m filing paperwork to run for city council, this crap looks fun.

If this surge in dark money pushes Liz to/towards the top, I really hope we can get back into discussions of policy, because she's got good ideas but the intelligence of her implementation strategies is WILDLY overestimated.

The M4A funding via head tax is one of the worst possible options (all to try and pretend that it will be fully funded by the rich) and her child care fee plan is actually regressive.

Obviously preferable to most of the other candidates, but we need smart implementation not bullshit implementation driven by trying to make centrists and corporatists happy.

1 hour ago, Calihorn said:

Trump isn't the disease, he's a symptom. There is no going back

Agree to an extent. There are bigger traitors around like McConnell.  However, nobody has the cult of personality that Trump has. There is nobody waiting in the wings to pick up the reins after him.  I don't even see anyone with the potential.  The guy is a 1 in a billion piece of shit.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Agree to an extent. There are bigger traitors around like McConnell.  However, nobody has the cult of personality that Trump has. There is nobody waiting in the wings to pick up the reins after him.  I don't even see anyone with the potential.  The guy is a 1 in a billion piece of shit.  

Yeah, Trump is a very special case.

32 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, Trump is a very special case.

22 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

And he'll be gone some day. Never create a strategy that only focuses on the immediate threat. I hope that party does't try to "win the battle" but lose the war. Trumpism will die off soon enough.

Yep.  There is also another potential problem that will likely occur if the Dems win in 2020.  Trump will run again in 2024 and will maintain a stranglehold on the GOP until 2028.  Assuming he makes it that long.

I'd like to think his post Presidency legal troubles would prevent him making another run, but I have no doubt that he could win the Republican nomination in 2024 from inside Attica or ADX Florence.

If I was one of the lower polling candidates especially Steyer or Amy, I would completely jump on the coronavirus issue. Forget everything else.

In a sense, hope that the problem becomes worse so you can be viewed as the candidate that solve the problem.  In a way that is what candidates always do but they fill in the blank with healthcare or economy or foreign policy. 

Yes it would be spreading fear and uncertainty about coronavirus but it would get you media attention.I would hold daily press briefings on how Pence/Trump are failing, and you provide useful information to the public. Enlist public health experts (not currently in govt) to assist you. Become the source of truth for the public.

Coronavirus could be the wave that someone rides into the Oval Office depending on how it plays out. 

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

If this surge in dark money pushes Liz to/towards the top, I really hope we can get back into discussions of policy, because she's got good ideas but the intelligence of her implementation strategies is WILDLY overestimated.

The M4A funding via head tax is one of the worst possible options (all to try and pretend that it will be fully funded by the rich) and her child care fee plan is actually regressive.

Obviously preferable to most of the other candidates, but we need smart implementation not bullshit implementation driven by trying to make centrists and corporatists happy.

If Bernie won’t commit to killing the filibuster then M4A is fantasy bullshit. Attacking Warren on policies or track record regarding implementing complicated statutory schemes (like a plan to create a new federal agency) might not be the best tactic 

1 hour ago, FondrenRoad said:

Trump will run again in 2024 and will maintain a stranglehold on the GOP until 2028.  Assuming he makes it that long.

I'm convinced that Trump will never run again because he's accomplished what he wanted in the first place--brand recognition. He'll spend the rest of his life shilling shitty steaks and selling autographed red hats on Ebay. That's wny attempt to remove him from office only makes him stronger. It gives him MORE ammunition when he goes on his Post Presidential speaking tour.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I'm convinced that Trump will never run again because he's accomplished what he wanted in the first place--brand recognition. He'll spend the rest of his life shilling shitty steaks and selling autographed red hats on Ebay. That's wny attempt to remove him from office only makes him stronger. It gives him MORE ammunition when he goes on his Post Presidential speaking tour.

i can't wait til he's banned from twitter on jan 21st.

19 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

What's interesting right now is the Biden vote.  He's consistently underperformed his polling so far.  Are his numbers real or are they about to shift?  

Haven't we only had one primary so far, so I don't know if I would call anyone having consistent results.  Caucuses are only partially tied to polling. 

37 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I disagree. His fans will demand that he run again and he'll do it.

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

That you get things done in Washington by working with the opposition.

Did Barack Obama do this?? lol

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

If Bernie won’t commit to killing the filibuster then M4A is fantasy bullshit.

All you need to do is revert to the talking filibuster, let someone grandstand for 10 hours, then move forward with 51 votes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

And he will create new law on crass use of the Presidential Seal to promote personal and commercial endeavors.