2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

27 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I think Biden will get a significant bump in Super Tuesday states, at least compared with current polling. He’s peel off votes from Pete, Amy, Bloomberg, and even Warren people. 

Yeah, but looking at the polling for Tuesday, it's becoming pretty clear that Bernie Sanders is going to head into the convention with the most delegates by a pretty wide margin. 

Edited by David Dennison

9 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Yeah, but looking at the polling for Tuesday, it's becoming pretty clear that Bernie Sanders is going to head into the convention with the most delegates by a pretty wide margin. 

Most likely. But polling, especially before SC results, is not something people should count on.

15 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

Biden is senile.

I saw an unscripted interview with Bloomberg this morning about the coronavirus issue but really about disaster preparedness in general.  He's a million times better than Biden and it's not close.  Very long and in depth answers.  Meanwhile, Biden was giving interviews and it was obvious that he was tired from the night before, where he looked like Old Biden.  

Biden's senility is priced in at this point. He's never been able to talk or keep things straight. He's always exaggerated or lied. I don't post that kind of stuff because I think it will move anyone, I just think it's funny.

What WILL move voters, though, is Joe's record. Bernie needs to be screaming full and deep throatedly about how Joe will work with Republicans to cut Medicare and Social Security. Spend millions and millions and millions on those ads.

Good. Let's fight this out now.

Also, I'd like a fact-check on Bernard here. Can anyone find an example of him reaching out to superdelegates after Hillary's big win in California that basically made it mathematically impossible for Bernie? If so, he needs to be called out on it now so it doesn't become some BS thing he says for months and is shown false right at the convention.

Get all the fighting and dirt out now.

In 2016, California was on June 7th.

Here's an article from June 13th where Bernie doesn't say he's going to keep going to superdelegates, but he also doesn't concede.

An interesting piece overall.

-------------------------------------------

Mr. Sanders said that he and Mrs. Clinton planned to meet on Tuesday and that he would ask her “whether she will be vigorous in standing up for working families in the middle class, moving aggressively in climate change, health care for all, making public colleges and universities tuition-free.”

“And after we have that kind of discussion and after we can determine whether or not we are going to have a strong and progressive platform,” he said, “I will be able to make other decisions.”

There have been signs that he was winding down his run. While Mrs. Clinton has been hiring campaign workers, Mr. Sanders started laying off at least half of his campaign staff members last week. He has let go of a number of advance staff members who help with campaign logistics, as well as field workers who have been canvassing for votes.

-------------------------------------------

It looks like that, after California, Bernie wasn't trying to win, he was trying to force Hillary into a more progressive platform and using his delegates and endorsement as leverage.

50 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I saw an unscripted interview with Bloomberg this morning about the coronavirus issue but really about disaster preparedness in general.  He's a million times better than Biden and it's not close.  Very long and in depth answers.  Meanwhile, Biden was giving interviews and it was obvious that he was tired from the night before, where he looked like Old Biden.  

One of the folks on the 538 chat last night posited a hypothetical - what if someone with Bloomberg's money did exactly had he did (ie buy the nomination with gobs and gobs of money) except he wasn't a shitty candidate with skeletons in the closet like Bloomberg?

• Like 1

Yesterday was big for Biden on the money front.

All the crying from non-rose twitter and the media last week for all the “Anyone But Bernie” crowd to coalesce behind one candidate seems to have resulted in Biden being the chosen one.

I expect everyone but that stubborn old goat Bloomberg to drop out after Tuesday and fall in behind Uncle Joe.

After such a diverse, young field we gonna end up with Great Grandpa Grumpy vs. Great Grandpa Hair Sniffer.

yay

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

I didn't know he was working SC this hard.

I figured he would've been trying to run up margins in places with college-educated whites.

Trying to build up future relationships  down the road?   He has to know he isn’t likely to win at this point 

Edited by Xian

NBC numbers dork Steve Kornacki maps out best case/worst case for delegates for Biden & Sanders coming out of Super Tuesday

Best case for Biden:
Sanders - 590
Biden - 529
Warren - 182
Bloomberg - 102

Best case for Sanders:
Sanders - 665
Biden - 366
Warren - 229
Bloomberg - 143

Sanders has a fairly obvious floor at threshold, a shitload of money on hand, and the best fundraising machine.

Biden has the mainstream press ready to spill blood for him and Dem establishment types are coming out of the woodwork to endorse him.

I'm not surprised that Liz and Pete are doing poorly with black voters. All they are doing is burning cash. There's a demo for each of them and I suspect that their voters will go to Joe when they bow out. Bernie might get some, but I don't expect a lot of them to forgive the Bernie voters and operatives that have spent the last few years alienating people to suddenly be forgiven. 

Those voters represent a smaller percentage of D primary voters than who gave Joe the win. 

How is that outreach to black people is working for ya Bern? I've been banging this drum for a while. And y'all still ain't listening. 

I see no signs that the largest group of D primary voters is going to move slowly or quickly to Bern

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Bernie might get some, but I don't expect a lot of them to forgive the Bernie voters and operatives that have spent the last few years alienating people to suddenly be forgiven.

Who are you talking about here, older black voters or overeducated white liberals on social media?

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Who are you talking about here, older black voters or overeducated white liberals on social media?

See, that's not helping you. If you want college educated older white voters to like your candidate I'd suggest that being caustic and insulting is not a good plan. This, however, is exactly what I have come to expect. 

Older black voters' candidate isn't going to drop out. He won last night. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cactusflinthead said:

See, that's not helping you. If you want college educated older white voters to like your candidate I'd suggest that being caustic and insulting is not a good plan. This, however, is exactly what I have come to expect. 

Literally all the other major candidates, beside Bloomberg, in the last Morning Consult poll showed that their second choice was Bernie. Of course they all won't go to him, but you're wildly over inflating online drama.

4 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

See, that's not helping you. If you want college educated older white voters to like your candidate I'd suggest that being caustic and insulting is not a good plan.

Oh please, college-educated white liberals, talk more about good electoral strategies as the favored candidates of that demo finish below 10% in SC and have their candidacies on death watch.

Yes, this is my point. Warren and Pete just got fucking annihilated and nationally humiliated and the only voting base that cares about mean Bernie Bros online doesn't have a viable home anymore.

So now the NPR pledge drive tote bag crowd has three choices:
1 - Go with the sundowning bank-hugging Blue Dog who doesn't share the values they pretend to have.
2 - Go with the irascible progressive whose base's youth shames them even though they pretend to share his values.
3 - Become dead-enders for candidates who can't win.

Neither of the viable candidates likes the Whole Foods liberal. No one likes the Whole Foods liberal.

womp womp

16 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

Literally all the other major candidates, beside Bloomberg, in the last Morning Consult poll showed that their second choice was Bernie. Of course they all won't go to him, but you're wildly over inflating online drama.

Show me what they're doing today. This Warren voter is going to be sending dollars to Joe. I trust no polls previous to last night. 

5 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Oh please, college-educated white liberals, talk more about good electoral strategies as the favored candidates of that demo finish below 10% in SC and have their candidacies on death watch.

Yes, this is my point. Warren and Pete just got fucking annihilated and nationally humiliated and the only voting base that cares about mean Bernie Bros online doesn't have a viable home anymore.

So now the NPR pledge drive tote bag crowd has three choices:
1 - Go with the sundowning bank-hugging Blue Dog who doesn't share the values they pretend to have.
2 - Go with the irascible progressive whose base's youth shames them even though they pretend to share his values.
3 - Become dead-enders for candidates who can't win.

Neither of the viable candidates likes the Whole Foods liberal. No one likes the Whole Foods liberal.

womp womp

You still don't get it. That's cool. Your earlier comment this morning was telling me what I needed to know. The narrative of Biden v. Trump is not what you or I want, but it's likely to happen. 

3 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Show me what they're doing today. This Warren voter is going to be sending dollars to Joe. I trust no polls previous to last night. 

Cool, so basically you're just going with your gut feeling instead of looking at data (which correctly predicted a huge Biden win last night at 538). Just admit that

https://morningconsult.com/2020-democratic-primary/

Edited by GSU&UT

45 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I'm not surprised that Liz and Pete are doing poorly with black voters. All they are doing is burning cash. There's a demo for each of them and I suspect that their voters will go to Joe when they bow out. Bernie might get some, but I don't expect a lot of them to forgive the Bernie voters and operatives that have spent the last few years alienating people to suddenly be forgiven. 

Those voters represent a smaller percentage of D primary voters than who gave Joe the win. 

How is that outreach to black people is working for ya Bern? I've been banging this drum for a while. And y'all still ain't listening. 

I see no signs that the largest group of D primary voters is going to move slowly or quickly to Bern

Incrementally Bernie has done very well with Latinos since 2016. But he has nothing to offer the Black community, which continues to be his Achilles heel. He needs to find some common ground with the Obama platform like Joe has. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

This Warren voter is going to be sending dollars to Joe. ... You still don't get it. That's cool.

No, I get it perfectly.

Here is the full 12+ minutes.

For certain voting types, the leftward progressivism of Warren was an appealing aesthetic (West Wing "pragmatic progressivism" + the identity politics of a woman) that outranked naked allegiance to class interests. Now the aesthetic is shattered so all that's going to be left is the naked appeal to class interests.

I have known exactly what this type of voter is this whole time. I have been saying it out loud (it's why they get so mad at me on here). And now, when it's time for the mask to come off, your big reveal is that you are exactly who I said you were the whole time?

5 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

Cool, so basically you're just going with your gut feeling instead of looking at data (which correctly predicted a huge Biden win last night at 538). Just admit that

https://morningconsult.com/2020-democratic-primary/

“data”

Polling numbers are all over the place.

An NBC Marist poll had Biden winning SC by 4 points over Bernie.

In your morning consult link, they say that pre-SC their numbers showed Bernie leading Biden with national black voters. Which seems pretty questionable after SC primary results yesterday.

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

Liz really isn't doing poor in the context that she can't reach them.  She can, and she has.  I'm voting for her as did my parents.  Black women are definitely on her side.  If any candidate has spoken to Blacks the best, it's been Liz. 

The problem is people see the polls and are questioning a.) why aren't others seeing in Liz what Black people are seeing and 2.) can she beat trump.  I also believe Bernie's coalition is just too much to overcome for Liz.  I've said it before and I'll say it again--Black people want to beat trump. That (from everything I've seen over the last few months) is the top goal.   The polls still show Biden is the person to do that, so there's your answer as to why most (not all) Blacks are on his side and not someone like Liz. 

Now Mayo Pete?  He's doing poorly because he just doesn't make any damn sense when it comes to Black people and his plans.  I expect him to end his race after Tuesday. 

Why the fuck hasn't Russian Tulsi gotten out yet?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Liz really isn't doing poor in the context that she can't reach them.  She can, and she has.  I'm voting for her as did my parents.  Black women are definitely on her side.  If any candidate has spoken to Blacks the best, it's been Liz. 

The problem is people see the polls and are questioning a.) why aren't others seeing in Liz what Black people are seeing and 2.) can she beat trump.  I also believe Bernie's coalition is just too much to overcome for Liz.  I've said it before and I'll say it again--Black people want to beat trump. That (from everything I've seen over the last few months) is the top goal.   The polls still show Biden is the person to do that, so there's your answer as to why most (not all) Blacks are on his side and not someone like Liz. 

Now Mayo Pete?  He's doing poorly because he just doesn't make any damn sense when it comes to Black people and his plans.  I expect him to end his race after Tuesday. 

Why the fuck hasn't Russian Tulsi gotten out yet?

She didn't reach or connect with Blacks in Souf Carolina.

The whole #OperationChaos thing about Republicans voting for Bernie was bullshit.

Republicans are advocating for Biden's candidacy very openly and from massive platforms.

Look, if you can’t admit that the Trumpkins vastly prefer Bernie (rightly or wrongly) at this point, then you’re too far gone to even engage with.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Links? 

Morning Joe on MSNBC

The NYTimes opinon page (Stephens, Brooks, Frum)

The WaPo opinion page (Rubin, and that guy I can't remember the name of)

Panels on cable news networks constantly have concern trolling Republicans advocating Biden.

16 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Jesus.  Biden has won one race in a small state that caters to his wheelhouse.  Let's stop sucking his cock so fast.

Biden has the momentum now not Bernie. Bernie appears that he will slightly win Super Tuesday but the story will still be that Bernie is slipping. I’m seeing polls that Bernie might not win Texas which seemed a lock a couple of days ago for him.

biden is going to win the nomination. Too many people dislike Bernie. And deep down everyone knows Obama is supporting Biden and every democrat loves Obama.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

5 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Look, if you can’t admit that the Trumpkins vastly prefer Bernie (rightly or wrongly) at this point, then you’re too far gone to even engage with.

If you can't see Trump can't wait to rally his base again on "the crooked impeachment, where Biden did far worse things than him" - you have blinders on. 

Impeachment fires up Trumpers like nothing else. It allows him to control the narrative - again. 

CPAC was all about the "COUP." It rallies the base like nothing else. 

If you can't see Trump can't wait to rally his base again on "the crooked impeachment, where Biden did far worse things than him" - you have blinders on. 
Impeachment fires up Trumpers like nothing else. It allows him to control the narrative - again. 
CPAC was all about the "COUP." It rallies the base like nothing else. 

And you have blinders on if you think there is one single fucking person in this country who would fall for the Biden bullshit, yet still vote Bernie.
  • Like 1

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

And you have blinders on if you think there is one single fucking person in this country who would fall for the Biden bullshit, yet still vote Bernie.

The goal is not to convert them. The goal is to tamp down enthusiasm in the Trump base, not fire it up. 

15 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Trumpkins? I'd be interested to see what your evidence for this is.

But Never-Trump Republicans? It's obvious and I've already specifically cited multiple and could continue to cite them for you if you want.

It's the Never-Trump Republicans who have the platforms and who are trying most actively to influence the Democratic primary. Often boosted by supposed Democrats.

• Like 1