2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

59 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Johnny - your orange buddy was a Friend of Epstein. He knew what Epstein was doing, but did nothing. Why do you support an enabler of a serial pedophile and human trafficker? 

corgi-8.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Because he’s a piece of shit just like his idol trump. 

Duh.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, sachick said:

I think she staying in because she knows she the best one for the job and those other two are goobers.

But seriously, I just don’t get how Warren doesn’t get any traction. IMO she is clearly the best option. She would kill Trump in a debate. She would get shit done.

The entire debate would be about why she pretended to be a Native American for much of her adult life in order to advance her legal career. 

Man, Beto killed it!

He’s the best extemporaneous speaker the Democrats have by a mile.

I’m surprised he made an endorsement but with it now seemingly a Biden v. Bernie choice it makes sense.

Sirota and some other Bernie folks really went after him when he entered the race and spouted some true garbage about him.

Bet some folks dissatisfied with the choices we’re left with are wishing they had Beto left as an option.

I fully expect Beto to be part of a Biden administration and that makes me happy.

So that made my choice tomorrow easier as I was still vacillating between Warren and Biden.

I’ll be Ridin’ With Biden tomorrow.

• Like 1

Are any of these endorsements gonna make a shit? I just find it hard to believe many voters who weren't already voting for Biden are going to say, "Ooh, Amy Klobuchar endorsed him!"

I guess Pete and Beto probably have more sway but I am curious what kind of effect endorsements from also-rans have.

Oh and watching Beto’s speech on Facebook was illuminating - the comments from Bernie folks was yuck.

I wish they weren’t moving so fast but there were everything from “I’m so disappointed in you” to “you’re a sellout corporate shill” to degrading Amy to outright threats.

It’s been fascinating to watch the progression. When Beto entered the race they were horrible to him and Amy’s family money and put out gaslighting crap about who his donations were from.

Then when he dropped out, the vitriol eased up but they moved onto criticism about his decision not to run for Senate and snarky put downs about his efforts to help state Democratic candidates in Texas.

The last two to three weeks, every time Beto would tweet his comments were filled with folks with rose emojis tweeting “Endorse Bernie, king!!!!”.

Now they’ve gone off the rails with hate again.

I don’t know who it was - maybe Obama himself - but someone with serious juice got on the phone this weekend and yanked everyone in line to get behind Biden.

And it worked.

I really think all the stink about a brokered convention and arguments about pluralities and majorities from Sanders and his campaign and his supporters worked against him. It woke up everyone else and forced them into a coalition.

• Like 1

source.gif
giphy.gif

q6o1ckzy4f641.gif

I don’t understand this thought process at all. Every single day twenty times a day Trump embarrasses himself and the US but you ignore that to takes shots at Biden? It’s just nonsensical thinking, or lack thereof.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I don’t know who it was - maybe Obama himself - but someone with serious juice got on the phone this weekend and yanked everyone in line to get behind Biden.

And it worked.

it's earlier in this thread, but it was reported somewhere that there was a 3way call with Obama, Biden and Pete yesterday that got Pete to make his move. wouldn't be surprising if the same happened with Amy and Beto.

Are any of these endorsements gonna make a shit? I just find it hard to believe many voters who weren't already voting for Biden are going to say, "Ooh, Amy Klobuchar endorsed him!"
I guess Pete and Beto probably have more sway but I am curious what kind of effect endorsements from also-rans have.

As I just said, it did for me.

I was undecided between Warren and Biden going into tomorrow but Beto’s endorsement helped me decide.

I think Pete’s folks are all in with him and his backing of Biden will influence them too.

Lots of candidates this cycle had stans more than supporters. Beto, Kamala, Pete, Yang are the most obvious. I admit I fall into that category too. What their guy or gal says will be followed by a large chunk of their people.

It was mentioned earlier in the thread, but I think there’s a large swath of voters who were just waiting to figure out who was the non-Bernie candidate to get behind. There’s no question now.

Whatever gets you through the night, Bama.

What does that even mean?

What keeps me up at night is the state of this country and getting rid of Trump.

I’ve posted repeatedly that Bernie, Pete, and Biden were my bottom three but unfortunately I’m left with my bottom two.

Because Warren is done. She’ll drop out Tuesday night or Wednesday and she probably won’t endorse anyone. But her lack of endorsement of Bernie will speak volumes.

And I have to make a choice I don’t love but that’s reality unfortunately.

Why are Bernie Bros mad that the guy who has gone out of his way to equate the Democratic Party to the Republican Party is now facing the consequences of that?

No one is “rigging” anything. No one is playing dirty. The party saw the writing on the wall of the mess that would result from the path the race was on and got their shit together and did what they thought was the right move for the country, the party, and the strategy for the election.

Haven’t we all been lamenting that the Dems are sloppy and don’t fall in line like the GOP? They’re finally playing the game.

Unfortunately for Bernie, it’s at his expense. But I guess that happens when you’ve spent your whole career shitting on the people he now needs.

I have a feeling us shitlibs are gonna sleep better tonight than the Bros.

13 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I don’t understand this thought process at all. Every single day twenty times a day Trump embarrasses himself and the US but you ignore that to takes shots at Biden? It’s just nonsensical thinking, or lack thereof.

We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women are created, by the, you know, you know the thing. 

• Like 1

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women are created, by the, you know, you know the thing. 

Hoo boy, making fun of dumb shit crusty old men say is a bold hill to die on for a Trumpkin. Keep fighting the good fight. You're doing what many of us thought was impossible - unifying the Surly Liberal Cabal.

3 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Trump is going to win unless there is a recession. He’s consolidated support from Republicans he didn’t have in 2016.  

If there is a recession before Election Day, he will lose to whoever the Dems put up.  

I’m about 90 percent sure on this. 

Did you miss the midterms?  He's not running against Hillary this time.

3 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Hoo boy, making fun of dumb shit crusty old men say is a bold hill to die on for a Trumpkin. Keep fighting the good fight. You're doing what many of us thought was impossible - unifying the Surly Liberal Cabal.

All 8 of you and your 300 socks will turn the tide in this election. 

13 minutes ago, Seger78 said:

Is nobody else worried that it appears that Biden's mental decline is just barely outpaced by Trump's? Dementia research material will be the only positive result of those two 

i'm not. a few reasons...

one, i think his mushmouth issue is more a result from his speech issues getting worse as he ages, moreso than actual mental issues.

also, i equated it earlier to an elderly parent getting their kids' names confused... it's not that mom doesn't know who Denise, Diane and Donna are anymore, she just can't get the right name out sometimes.

but mostly because...Joe Biden is not a completely hideous human being. that will be a vast improvement even if he is borderline senile (which i do not think he is, see above).

Edited by mchookem

Look, I know decency is a running joke among the #veryonline crowd, but 6 months of this contrast is going to make a mark.  The criticisms of Joe are all superficial, even his rivals admit he’s a good dude.  The same was not said for Hillary.

https://twitter.com/chrislongview/status/1234687267047739392?s=20

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1234641971274272768?s=20

Edited by Chuckie Finster

Like I said, whatever gets you through the night.

Can't even be happy with your choices, so you are lying about Bernie's history, blaming the bros, being motivated primarily by spite and personal grievance. Being exactly what you claim to hate.

You know who won't sleep better? The hundreds of thousands of people who will now have a nominee who literally mocks them when they say they need relief from educational and medical debt. Those in prison for marijuana arrests. Those whose lives were torn apart by the drug war. And the Iraq war. Those who depend on social welfare programs that Joe will happily cut to make deals with the GOP.

But go on, girl boss, you're owning the bros. That's what matters.

You show 'em!!!

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Like I said, whatever gets you through the night.

Can't even be happy with your choices, so you are lying about Bernie's history, blaming the bros, being motivated primarily by spite and personal grievance. Being exactly what you claim to hate.

You know who won't sleep better? The hundreds of thousands of people who will now have a nominee who literally mocks them when they say they need relief from educational and medical debt. Those in prison for marijuana arrests. Those whose lives were torn apart by the drug war. And the Iraq war. Those who depend on social welfare programs that Joe will happily cut to make deals with the GOP.

But go on, girl boss, you're owning the bros. That's what matters.

You show 'em!!!

Bernie can’t help them. Unless he hands them the keys to one of his houses. 

Edited by Johnny Sack

Look, I know decency is a running joke with the #veryonline crowd, but you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think 6 months of this contrast will have an impact.

Did you pay attention to Hillary's 2016 campaign? It's a running joke because this was her entire campaign and it failed spectacularly.

21 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

What does that even mean?

What keeps me up at night is the state of this country and getting rid of Trump.

I’ve posted repeatedly that Bernie, Pete, and Biden were my bottom three but unfortunately I’m left with my bottom two.

Because Warren is done. She’ll drop out Tuesday night or Wednesday and she probably won’t endorse anyone. But her lack of endorsement of Bernie will speak volumes.

And I have to make a choice I don’t love but that’s reality unfortunately.

Why are Bernie Bros mad that the guy who has gone out of his way to equate the Democratic Party to the Republican Party is now facing the consequences of that?

No one is “rigging” anything. No one is playing dirty. The party saw the writing on the wall of the mess that would result from the path the race was on and got their shit together and did what they thought was the right move for the country, the party, and the strategy for the election.

Haven’t we all been lamenting that the Dems are sloppy and don’t fall in line like the GOP? They’re finally playing the game.

Unfortunately for Bernie, it’s at his expense. But I guess that happens when you’ve spent your whole career shitting on the people he now needs.

Voting for a segregationist would keep me up at night. 

Did you pay attention to Hillary's 2016 campaign? It's a running joke because this was her entire campaign and it failed spectacularly.

But, like, people don’t like Hillary. People like Joe. He has his faults, definitely, but people like him. It’s stupid how much more “decency” argument sticks when coming from someone you like.

I know you guys are strongly (even primarily) motivated by how much you hate anonymous online personalities, but you have to understand that makes you a freak anomaly among actual voters.

It didn't work. It's a losing play.

It's a side dish at best. It's not the main. It's not even an appetizer.

I think Biden is a mistake. I obviously am not a Democrat but I think historically a couple of things are true.

Republicans win by running against something or someone.

Democrats win by running for something or someone.

Just the way it seems to me. Biden is simply a plan to run against Trump, he brings no refreshing ideals that liberals care about. He'll stand up for Obamacare but only because he's tied to the first three syllables. He was in favor of the Iraq War, he is in favor of draconian drug laws, he was in favor of ending the ability to discharge student loans through bankruptcy and on and on. It's not just Bernie bros who will be turned off. Biden offers literally nothing to be hopeful about for liberal and progressive voters.

• Like 5

At least he wouldn’t serve them at the White House like some dirtbag.  
Good point. When we were all in college we hated mcdonalds and wendy's and Burger King and 99 cent jack in the box tacos and opted for grilled salmon and salads.

Get over yourself dipshit.
  • Like 2