2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

7 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Warren would be better than everyone running. Kamala or Stacy are the obvious choices,  both are young with future elections coming VP for Warren does nothing for her career. 

I see Biden’s VP pick as the next in line after Biden and the wait might no be that long.  Abrams isn’t a good fit for this reason and I’m skeptical on Kamala because of the inexperience with the executive branch but she’s acceptable. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I see Biden’s VP pick as the next in line after Biden and the wait might no be that long.  Abrams isn’t a good fit for this reason and I’m skeptical on Kamala because of the inexperience with the executive branch. 

So what say you?

18 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

We are 4 months away from the Democratic convention.

Calm down lol

Get the fuck over yourself. He’s toast.  I honestly don’t give a fuck what he believes in at this point.  Any energy he expends on his campaign going forward will be to the detriment of Biden, and that is unacceptable.  The die is cast.  Removing Trump is the only thing that matters.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

Get the fuck over yourself. He’s toast.  I honestly don’t give a fuck what he believes in at this point.  Any energy he expends on his campaign going forward will be to the detriment of Biden, and that is unacceptable.  The die is cast.  Removing Trump is the only thing that matters.

This is a healing time. 

Prepare yourselves mentally for this scenario...
Bernie stays in the race and fights very hard until he is mathematically eliminated. Based on tonight's results, he needs about 56% of the remaining delegates and Joe needs 51%.

Am I saying he's got a good chance to win? NOPE!

But the reality is that Bernie has not been mathematically eliminated. He is extremely unlikely to win if everything continues along its present course. If the debates change nothing, Bernie's path remains virtually closed. If Joe's continued public deterioration changes nothing, Bernie's path remains virtually closed. If either (or both) of those things do make waves, we could have a new ballgame.

So Bernie may decide soon to drop out, or he may not.

For those of you popping bottles, just steel yourselves for the eventuality of Bernie putting his chips on the spot marked "Things might change dramatically."

We have 4 months until the convention. We can have a fantastic #Unity party there. We do not need to do that now. In fact, it would accomplish nothing to even try.

5 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Get the fuck over yourself. He’s toast. 

I am losing. Why are you more angry than I am?

Think about it.

Edited by bad_teammate

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

Prepare yourselves mentally for this scenario...
Bernie stays in the race and fights very hard until he is mathematically eliminated. Based on tonight's results, he needs about 56% of the remaining delegates and Joe needs 51%.

Am I saying he's got a good chance to win? NOPE!

But the reality is that Bernie has not been mathematically eliminated. He is extremely unlikely to win if everything continues along its present course. If the debates change nothing, Bernie's path remains virtually closed. If Joe's continued public deterioration changes nothing, Bernie's path remains virtually closed. If either (or both) of those things do make waves, we could have a new ballgame.

So Bernie may decide soon to drop out, or he may not.

For those of you popping bottles, just steel yourselves for the eventuality of Bernie putting his chips on the spot marked "Things might change dramatically."

We have 4 months until the convention. We can have a fantastic #Unity party there. We do not need to do that now. In fact, it would accomplish nothing to even try.

I am losing. Why are you more angry than I am?

Think about it.

Because whatever Bernie does from this point forward in regard to Biden will be the equivalent of a coach inserting a scrub at the end of a lost game and having him try to take out the knees of the other team’s best player.

6 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

I think Bernie should stay in to the next debate but maybe focus more on his progressive message and expressing his vision than on bashing Joe. 

Lay out his vision for the America he wants to forge for the younger gens. I would like to hear him out.

Bernie should drop out and do all of the above in an exit speech.  We do not need to suffer another bullshit debate with Republican troll questions.  Biden doesn’t need to show up either. 

4 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

I think Bernie should stay in to the next debate but maybe focus more on his progressive message and expressing his vision than on bashing Joe. 

Lay out his vision for the America he wants to forge for the younger gens. I would like to hear him out.

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

Because whatever Bernie does from this point forward in regard to Biden will be the equivalent of a coach inserting a scrub at the end of a lost game and having him try to take out the knees of the other team’s best player.

I understand the impulse to want to protect Joe, but that's an awful idea.

6 months of uncontested adoration for Joe will not prepare him to face Donald Trump in a hostile campaign. You don't take half a year off of sparring before your big fight. You take maybe the week before the fight off of sparring.

Bernie is not a nasty fighter. He will not bring up Joe's mental deterioration, he won't bring up Joe's brothers' deals, he won't bring up Hunter. He will attack Joe's record on the issues, which Trump will also do. Joe should learn how to handle that now with strength, honesty, confidence, and poise.

If we want a strong candidate, he needs to be battle-ready. Joe is not even close to battle ready.

If Bernie stays in despite what is basically a closed window and spends that energy sparring with Joe for 2 more months then Bernie is doing us a huge favor and Joe will be a better general election candidate for it.

Don't delude yourself into thinking you can protect Joe Biden and nurse him through this.

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

I understand the impulse to want to protect Joe, but that's an awful idea.

6 months of uncontested adoration for Joe will not prepare him to face Donald Trump in a hostile campaign. You don't take half a year off of sparring before your big fight. You take maybe the week before the fight off of sparring.

Bernie is not a nasty fighter. He will not bring up Joe's mental deterioration, he won't bring up Joe's brothers' deals, he won't bring up Hunter. He will attack Joe's record on the issues, which Trump will also do. Joe should learn how to handle that now with strength, honesty, confidence, and poise.

If we want a strong candidate, he needs to be battle-ready. Joe is not even close to battle ready.

If Bernie stays in despite what is basically a closed window and spends that energy sparring with Joe for 2 more months then Bernie is doing us a huge favor and Joe will be a better general election candidate for it.

Don't delude yourself into thinking you can protect Joe Biden and nurse him through this.

I have serious doubts that Presidential debates will even occur, but assuming they do, Trump isn’t smart enough to do any damage to Joe with anyone but his base.  He will play the greatest hits like he always does.  Bernie is actually smart enough to do some damage, and that is damage that WE do not want done.

15 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Actually, it would be like the coach putting the scrub in and taking out the knees of his own teammate. Also, I keep hearing people on TV and this thread saying we need Bernies young and Latino voters and I get that but it seems like for a Democrat to win the Presidency they also need the olds, African American vote, and suburbs which seem to be voting hard for Biden.  It seems there are more of these groups voting at this point than the young and Latinos so maybe they are the ones that need to compromise and go vote for Joe Biden.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I have serious doubts that Presidential debates will even occur, but assuming they do, Trump isn’t smart enough to do any damage to Joe with anyone but his base.  He will play the greatest hits like he always does.  Bernie is actually smart enough to do some damage, and that is damage that WE do not want done.

With all due respect, this is tremendously fucking stupid.

• Like 1

These groups need to be courted so they can feel included enough to vote. They care about DACA and stopping deportations. They care about student debt restructuring and some kind of college affordability. Joe needs to get more progressive in these areas. I don't know that he is that far apart but he needs to take up the progressive policies on these issues to bring in the young latinos and blacks. Aside from beating Trump (which is important to them), you have to show them you care about their issues.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

It seems there are more of these groups voting at this point than the young and Latinos so maybe they are the ones that need to compromise and go vote for Joe Biden.  

I don't think that is how it works.

1 minute ago, burntorangebongos said:

These groups need to be courted so they can feel included enough to vote. They care about DACA and stopping deportations. They care about student debt restructuring and some kind of college affordability. Joe needs to get more progressive in these areas. I don't know that he is that far apart but he needs to take up the progressive policies on these issues to bring in the young latinos and blacks. Aside from beating Trump (which is important to them), you have to show them you care about their issues.

Just tell them Mexico will pay for it. 

6 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

Lol at some of y’all saying VP is worthless. In a vacuum maybe, but what are the odds the VP becomes Prez when the nominee is a declining 80 year old in a world with a highly contagious virus killing off the olds?

I don’t think people are saying the VP slot is worthless rather they are saying this is a different election and the VP doesn’t need to come from a certain state/region just to win that state/region as in past elections. 

• Like 1

The VP slot isn’t worthless but it’s definitely less valuable than a safe blue senate seat when we could be looking at a 51-49 split in either direction.

There are plenty of great options who aren’t from states with Republican governors.

Hell, plenty of great non-senator options.

6 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I don’t think people are saying the VP slot is worthless rather they are saying this is a different election and the VP doesn’t need to come from a certain state/region just to win that state/region as in past elections. 

People are saying a senate seat is more important.  Im already seeing a huge problem, and that's people talking about Biden winning 40 states.  Do not be fooled, this shit is gonna be a fucking dogfight.  You go all fucking out.  And that includes the best damn VP candidate you can get to say yes.  You need Bernie's Bros, you need everyone.  God damn.  

This is the same democratic party that foisted Hillary upon us all.  Seems maybe instead of the Russians, we should have blamed her dumbass.  This was also a referendum on her.  The results were resounding.  The electorate in key midwestern states didn't magically turn that progressive...they simply fucking hated Hillary.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

You just stole my post.

I brought her up earlier this week.

Don't know much about Whitmer, but I caught her on MSNBC earlier today:

She's definitely likeable.  She seems to dismiss being added to the ticket, though - see 3:32-3:38.  I'd be interested in hearing more of what she has to say if they start pushing her toward the VP slot.

5 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The President being a Bernie Bro is so weird, but not surprising.

This tells you everything you need to know about who the Trump campaign wanted to face/how they see Sanders campaign.

Obviously, Biden should work hard to unite and bring along Bernie’s supporters,  but let’s be honest:  if Latinos and young people voted in big numbers, Bernie wouldn’t be on the ropes.  The cruel math is that consolidating the traditional party and locking down women in the suburbs is the path to victory. Chasing atraditional voters that have not turned out in any election other than 2008 is fools gold. 

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The President being a Bernie Bro is so weird, but not surprising.

Sanders, his supporters, and the Bernie bros need to start cleaning their house. They have allowed this victimhood messaging to resonate. Sanders needs to take a bulk of the responsibility since he chose to run an anti-Democratic party campaign and surround himself with anti-establishment people. 

Sanders has a big job to do. He needs to get to it

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I've called my shot on Biden's running mate: it's Michelle (hear me now and believe me later).

If it's not Michelle, then I'd go with Duckworth or Whitmer.

Doubt it. Seems like she's happy being out of the spotlight and relaxing in Martha's Vineyard at that massive estate. 

11 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Doubt it. Seems like she's happy being out of the spotlight and relaxing in Martha's Vineyard at that massive estate. 

I agree, she's been enjoying life and volunteering with the Obama Foundation. She and the former President have been busy traveling the country for Black History Month and promoting local residents in various states doing big things for their communities. Why would she want to return to the grind? Turning the spotlight on those heroes that walk among us unrecognized is a lot more rewarding.