2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

Just now, cactusflinthead said:

You like drawing to an inside straight?

Keep on rocking. 

What's the better option for his vision of the nation?

Yeah Joe Rogan that's right. A cabinet of people that know what the fuck to do instead of ass kissers. 

We're in a terrible position with Biden as our champion, because we can't really dispute people who say our leader is an idiot or demented or incapable or venal or dishonest or a rapist, we can just say, "Fuck you, yours is worse."

It would be useful to watch a fuller context.

"If you want to talk about an individual leader who can communicate, he can't do that."

Joe is right.

While I disagree with Joe because I think Trump HAS gotten worse in the last 4 years, I think Joe Biden has declined more during the primary than Trump has during his primary AND his presidency. And this is with Joe spending the first 9+ months of the primary basically doing NOTHING in terms of campaigning and in a perpetual state of rest/hiding.

What in god's name is this guy going to do with the daily rigors of the presidency?

I know most of you don't want to talk or think about anything negative, but that's a mark against you, not for you. We need to be able to engage with this shit or else we're no better than MAGA guys.

I wasn't talk about Sanders at all since he's not really relevant anymore, but if you want to talk about him, that's fine

I absolutely believe that Sanders would hold up better than Biden under the stresses of the presidency. His heart will probably give out before Joe's will, but in terms of where there brains are now and where they will be years from now, Bernie is the clear choice.

Would you sincerely and honestly argue that Joe Biden is either mentally sharper than Bernie now or will be in a few years?

Biden is a better person with a better moral compass and a higher overall intelligence.

But within the frame of their respective abilities and worldviews, I think Trump operates far more quickly, decisively, and smoothly. Also, Trump is a much more efficient and confident communicator.

"Coherent" is very tough, because I don't think either one is very coherent.

The bar these two are set to clear by their supporters (or, at least, the people who hate their opponents) are like limbo bars used as hurdles. It's fucking distressing.

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

But within the frame of their respective abilities and worldviews, I think Trump operates far more quickly, decisively, and smoothly. Also, Trump is a much more efficient and confident communicator.

just in case you decide to edit. 

My almost 3 year old son operates far more quickly, decisively and smoothly than I do. He's also a much more efficient and confident communicator. 

"NO!" - a quick, decisive, and smooth answer to basically any question. Are you hungry? Do you want to go on bike ride? Do you want to FaceTime with NoNo and Grandad? It takes me a lot longer to form the question then it does for him to answer. Impressive.

"NO, I DIDN'T POOP!!" - Four words. Efficient. Confident. He's a fucking liar and he did poop, but hey, respect the game. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Biden is a better person with a better moral compass and a higher overall intelligence.

"Coherent" is very tough, because I don't think either one is very coherent.

The bar these two are set to clear by their supporters (or, at least, the people who hate their opponents) are like limbo bars used as hurdles. It's fucking distressing.

EL. OH. EL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

By a lot.

I’m watching Joe Biden clips from this week and anyone thinking this has gone full on derangement. Biden appears to be suffering from sort of cognitive disorder. It’s scary to watch him not even be able to read from a piece of paper or put an entire sentence together. How are people just overlooking this? 

If anyone in my family spoke like this I would be making plans at a nursing home for them. And you guys think Biden is ok? 

Trump needs to go. And the Democrats are going to run someone with a medical condition against Trump? Just fucking fantastic. 

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I’m watching Joe Biden clips from this week and anyone thinking this has gone full on derangement. Biden appears to be suffering from sort of cognitive disorder. It’s scary to watch him not even be able to read from a piece of paper or put an entire sentence together. How are people just overlooking this? 

If anyone in my family spoke like this I would be making plans at a nursing home for them. And you guys think Biden is ok? 

Trump needs to go. And the Democrats are going to run someone with a medical condition against Trump? Just fucking fantastic. 

Joe Biden is fine. If you don't think so, don't vote for him.

• Like 2

Just now, David Dennison said:

Joe Biden is fine. If you don't think so, don't vote for him.

Joe Biden is most certainly not fine. He is in serious mental/cognitive decline. As someone who wants to see Trump gone, this is a big fucking problem. Trump is going to be clear and concise if not convincing in his arguments during debates. Biden is going to sound like, well someone with a serious medical condition. How is he still the front runner? Seriously. Someone in the party needs to get ahold of this and make him drop out. Trump is going destroy him during debates. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Newy25 said:

Joe Biden is most certainly not fine. He is in serious mental/cognitive decline. As someone who wants to see Trump gone, this is a big fucking problem. Trump is going to be clear and concise if not convincing in his arguments during debates. Biden is going to sound like, well someone with a serious medical condition. How is he still the front runner? Seriously. Someone in the party needs to get ahold of this and make him drop out. Trump is going destroy him during debates. 

Trump is going to be clear and concise?

He sounds worse than Joe Biden ever has. Watch his briefings. The man is functionally illiterate.

Just now, HenryJames said:

No, he’s not.

His ideas are going to be bat shit crazy, void of reason and probably wrong but he will be consistent with his messaging and be clear about it. And for many Americans living and dealing with a crisis they are going to want to hear someone give them something to believe in. Biden sounds nothing like that. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

His ideas are going to be bat shit crazy, void of reason and probably wrong but he will be consistent with his messaging and be clear about it. And for many Americans living and dealing with a crisis they are going to want to hear someone give them something to believe in. Biden sounds nothing like that. 

Donald Trump sounds even less like that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Trump is going to be clear and concise?

He sounds worse than Joe Biden ever has. Watch his briefings. The man is functionally illiterate.

To you that’s what he sounds like. Because you strongly disagree with his style and approach. But to many Americans that’s not what it sounds like. He’s not slurring his speech and failing to connect words together like Biden. Biden literally sounds like someone who doesn’t even know where he is or what he is talking about far too often. 

Just now, Newy25 said:

To you that’s what he sounds like. Because you strongly disagree with his style and approach. But to many Americans that’s not what it sounds like. He’s not slurring his speech and failing to connect words together like Biden. Biden literally sounds like someone who doesn’t even know where he is or what he is talking about far too often. 

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

You don’t have to convince me Trump should not be President. But what do you think when you watch Biden’s interviews this week? That’s just normal and he’s fine? 

I think that he is orders of magnitude better than the current occupant of the White House and that I would vote for him over Trump even if a doctor diagnosed him with Alzheimer's.

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I think that he is orders of magnitude better than the current occupant of the White House and that I would vote for him over Trump even if a doctor diagnosed him with Alzheimer's.

People who are very partisan definitely will think like you. I’m just not sure independent voters will if he does in fact have Alzheimer’s. And we cannot risk having Trump re-elected. There has to be a better choice. 

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

People who are very partisan definitely will think like you. I’m just not sure independent voters will if he does in fact have Alzheimer’s. And we cannot risk having Trump re-elected. There has to be a better choice. 

There's always a risk. If he gets re-elected, there's another election in four years. History says the odds are stacked way in his favor just by being an incumbent.

58 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Efficient. Confident. 

Decisive. Smooth. 

and this is all from today. he does this shit every fucking day and it’s always like this.

give me trump after a full-frontal lobotomy over this piece of shit criminal fuck.

any breath he takes as president is a breath he’s spending trying to grift his way to more money and more power for himself. any good that happens for anyone else is purely coincidental. 

barron trump would be a better president. 

24 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

your concern is duly noted. it’s gonna be biden, so strap in and get ready. 

4 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

My almost 3 year old son operates far more quickly, decisively and smoothly than I do. He's also a much more efficient and confident communicator. 

Yes, this is my point.

I know many here are just waiting for the heel-turn where I abandon everything I've claimed to believe to support Trump, and they'll read love of Donald into every criticism of any Democrat, but you're reading my point perfectly here.

Donald Trump is a sharper communicator than Joe Biden. That isn't praise of Donald Trump, who is a liar and an idiot, it's an indictment of who Joe Biden is today versus who he was. Both have slowed down, but Biden hit a concrete wall.

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

Yes, this is my point.

I know many here are just waiting for the heel-turn where I abandon everything I've claimed to believe to support Trump, and they'll read love of Donald into every criticism of any Democrat, but you're reading my point perfectly here.

Donald Trump is a sharper communicator than Joe Biden. That isn't praise of Donald Trump, who is a liar and an idiot, it's an indictment of who Joe Biden is today versus who he was. Both have slowed down, but Biden hit a concrete wall.

We'll agree to disagree. I think Donald Trump communicates about as well as a retarded gorilla.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

your concern is duly noted. it’s gonna be biden, so strap in and get ready. 

Well this entire line of discussion was kicked off by an extremely prominent independent saying he would vote for Trump over Biden, so I don't think Newy's concern is entirely fabricated or off-base.

13 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Well this entire line of discussion was kicked off by an extremely prominent independent saying he would vote for Trump over Biden, so I don't think Newy's concern is entirely fabricated or off-base.

The vast majority of the people who listen to that prominent independent aren't going to vote.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

The vast majority of the people who listen to that prominent independent aren't going to vote.

That's true, which is no comfort because that means they are votes we aren't going to get. They are votes we aren't even going to try to get.

3 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

There were better choices a month or two ago. I'm assuming you're not a Bernie supporter, so I don't understand the timing of this comment. 

I do not accept that in the greatest country in the world my final three came down to Sanders, a cranky old man who’s grasp on the realities of economics are somewhere between my golden retriever and my 3 year old nephew, Biden who is going through a serious neurological decay and re-electing Donald Fucking Trump. 

I’m still hoping for Biden to be persuaded to pull out for medical reasons and this being somehow sorted out at the convention.