2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

I believe it was one o them currently popular ironical statements.

I was wondering what that whooshing sound was when I read it.  Now I can see it when I look up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, burntorangebongos said:

A Republican Senator or governor changes parties and creates a centrist coalition. Kasich or Sasse would be examples of who I'm thinking about.

Sally Yates isn't ready for prime time. She needs to get into politics at a lower level and learn the ropes then run for president. 

How are Kasich or Sasse centrists? 

2 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

They are political people so I figure they'll build a coalition and lead it by what that majority wants. I can't think of a prominent Democratic Senator with similar name recognition who isnt long in the tooth.  Maybe more Dem Governors who might be able to do this.

I don't know how pro-life Republicans can do that. For me, a centrist Republican is pro-choice.

Edited by David Dennison

After a few beverages with some family members who run in some higher-level Dem circles this past week, I shared my take that the Dem nominee in 2020 will be Hillary Rodham Clinton.  Because if there's one thing the Dems have proven skill at, it's shooting themselves in the dick.  They started to argue back pretty strong....but then came around to saying that they certainly couldn't guarantee that it wouldn't happen.

Yep.  Hillary 2020.  "I'm with her.  Again.  Like it will do any fucking good."  Makes for a long bumper sticker, but I see it happening.

can't remember if i read it here or some other website, but Kasich as a Democrat would be the perfect middleground to overthrow Trump. As Shaq is the Big Diesel, Kasich is the Big Compromise , a perfect 50th percentile to get the liberals and soft conservatives over to the Dems. He'll win Ohio too and probably the other Rust Belt States. Pick VP from Florida and it's a done deal. 

Edited by Orca of Peace

58 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

After a few beverages with some family members who run in some higher-level Dem circles this past week, I shared my take that the Dem nominee in 2020 will be Hillary Rodham Clinton.  Because if there's one thing the Dems have proven skill at, it's shooting themselves in the dick.  They started to argue back pretty strong....but then came around to saying that they certainly couldn't guarantee that it wouldn't happen.

Yep.  Hillary 2020.  "I'm with her.  Again.  Like it will do any fucking good."  Makes for a long bumper sticker, but I see it happening.

With that ginger Kennedy as her running mate. 

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Not even the Dems are that dumb. I mean, I know they are, but not this time... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orca of Peace said:

can't remember if i read it here or some other website, but Kasich as a Democrat would be the perfect middleground to overthrow Trump. As Shaq is the Big Diesel, Kasich is the Big Compromise , a perfect 50th percentile to get the liberals and soft conservatives over to the Dems. He'll win Ohio too and probably the other Rust Belt States. Pick VP from Florida and it's a done deal. 

I would vote for Trump

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Not even the Dems are that dumb. I mean, I know they are, but not this time... 

Anyone sitting around drinking and resigning them to Hillary v3.0 in 2020 should consider AA

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah...no WAY they’d be dumb enough to nominate someone who is loathed and could lose to Trump.

Honey, the only people who want to redo 2016 in 2020 are Republicans and masochists. 

Let. Her. Go. 

https://www.newsweek.com/2020-candidates-democrats-bernie-sanders-elizabeth-warren-fresh-face-kamala-1028991

A majority of Americans, 58 percent, said failed 2016 Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton is bad for the party, with only 22 percent of self-reporting Democrats saying she’s been a positive force. Nearly three-quarters of African-American voters surveyed in the new Rasmussen questionnaire said a “fresh face” is required in the 2020 election in order to defeat the Republican president, with 65 percent of white voters echoing the same belief.

https://www.newsweek.com/2020-candidates-democrats-bernie-sanders-elizabeth-warren-fresh-face-kamala-1028991
A majority of Americans, 58 percent, said failed 2016 Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton is bad for the party, with only 22 percent of self-reporting Democrats saying she’s been a positive force. Nearly three-quarters of African-American voters surveyed in the new Rasmussen questionnaire said a “fresh face” is required in the 2020 election in order to defeat the Republican president, with 65 percent of white voters echoing the same belief.

She wasn’t terribly popular among Dems in 2016. It didn’t matter. It’s still her turn.

Death.
Taxes.
Democratic electoral ineptitude.

Certainties.

3 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

Yeah, she's not running.

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

She wasn’t terribly popular among Dems in 2016. It didn’t matter. It’s still her turn.

Death.
Taxes.
Democratic electoral ineptitude.

Certainties.

“Terrible hot takes by Brisket” also a certainty. 

Let it go. You’re becoming obsessed talking about her in 2020. 

49 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

Try to figure out a way to get Landrieu to run and you can put whomever as VP—Harris, Warren, HIckenlooper

Ask the people of New Orleans what they really think about Landrieu. He took down the statues and made those pretty speeches even as he was, and continues to, destroy African American neighborhoods via allowing Airbnb absentee owners to buy up block after block

“Terrible hot takes by Brisket” also a certainty. 
Let it go. You’re becoming obsessed talking about her in 2020. 

Meh. I’ve never been obsessed with her, I ain’t now.

But if you think the Dems are too smart to shoot their dick clean off, you’ve been paying zero attention.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Ask the people of New Orleans what they really think about Landrieu. He took down the statues and made those pretty speeches even as he was, and continues to, destroy African American neighborhoods via allowing Airbnb absentee owners to buy up block after block

Mitch is not popular in Louisiana.  I’m glad he did the right thing with the statues but other than that I really don’t see the appeal.

He’s not a qualified POTUS candidate, especially when it comes to foreign policy, which will be more important than ever for the next president