2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

David's "Nothing Good Can Happen" view reminds me of this awesome Tweet from yesterday.

Lots good can happen, I just don't have much hope for truly progressive laws to be enacted as long is there is divided government. Even if Democrats take control of the executive and legislative branches, progressives still have to deal with the filibuster and a right leaning Supreme Court. 

3 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Lots good can happen, I just don't have much hope for truly progressive laws to be enacted as long is there is divided government. Even if Democrats take control of the executive and legislative branches, progressives still have to deal with the filibuster and a right leaning Supreme Court. 

This is fair, especially since Democrats have proven to be spineless pussies over the last 30 years when they get power. It's fine to be pessimistic, but it's not fine to give up and by a gaping vagina about it because boo hoo it's going to be hard. That's why everyone has to do their part (harassing woman and minorities, firebombing GOP offices, attacking Mayor Pete at every turn, constantly reminding everyone that Hillary Clinton sucks etc.) if we are ever going to effectuate any meaningful change. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

This is fair, especially since Democrats have proven to be spineless pussies over the last 30 years when they get power. It's fine to be pessimistic, but it's not fine to give up and by a gaping vagina about it because boo hoo it's going to be hard. That's why everyone has to do their part (harassing woman and minorities, firebombing GOP offices, attacking Mayor Pete at every turn, constantly reminding everyone that Hillary Clinton sucks etc.) if we are ever going to effectuate any meaningful change. 

Sadly, this reminded me that Obamacare doesn't have a public option because of Democrats, not Republicans.

• Like 1

The serious-minded Democratic establishment has proposed cutting SS and Medicare for decades in pursuit of a grand bargain with Republicans.

Then Bernie happens.

Now they're lying their asses off and pretending they never said that and never supported it.

Joe Biden will ABSOLUTELY work with McConnell to cut social spending to balance the budget. He 100% will.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

God that would be so stupid. Cornell West is a jive turkey.

How did that work out for Lawrence Summers when he tried to neutralize West for the Establishment?

West has a wide following. The humans protect him. That irritates neoliberal thought that champions the ubiquity of every person. Doesn’t work with West (or any human in real life). 

humans>corps or ai - irl

2 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

Still laughing at it. Tried to do some LeBron James "the announcement" shit and somehow still fucked that up. I don't know know if you could find a group of people who are more out of touch with the world.

Newspapers should endorse local races. Not presidential races. 

• Like 2

Just now, Texas73 said:

Only a Bernie Bro would think Warren is an establishment candidate. Just saying. 

Only someone fed years of manufactured content believes Warren is progressive. No offense intended. It's part of the game we play. Call them progressive and then they move rightward. Been doing it for decades. Republicans and their red scare tactics helped solidify the idea that even moderate Republicans are too far left, when they are nothing of the sort. It is nothing new. 

1 minute ago, washparkhorn said:

Only someone fed years of manufactured content believes Warren is progressive. No offense intended. It's part of the game we play. Call them progressive and then they move rightward. Been doing it for decades. Republicans and their red scare tactics helped solidify the idea that even moderate Republicans are too far left, when they are nothing of the sort. It is nothing new. 

So you aren't a Bernie Bro?  My apologies.

Just now, Blotto said:

Yeah I still can't figure out if he's being sarcastic or not. Describing Warren as anti-populist seems....strange.

Follow the money. Follow those who are on her team. who did they work for before Warren campaign.

Warren was always Establishment. Her crowning achievement was the creation of a neutered agency to deal with 2008. It remains powerless.

8 minutes ago, Texas73 said:

So you aren't a Bernie Bro?  My apologies.

Bernie Bro was a manufactured label. 

https://theintercept.com/2016/01/31/the-bernie-bros-narrative-a-cheap-false-campaign-tactic-masquerading-as-journalism-and-social-activism/

Bernie has more women supporting him than men. 

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/gyzjmb/bernie-bros-women-under-45-make-up-a-larger-share-of-bernie-sanders-base-than-men

You need to try and break out of your news silo. It limits your access to wisdom. And policy issues require well-informed participants, which news silos do not create. Like Aristotle - attempt to see all 365 degrees of an issue. The algos limit one's ability to see the truth at times. Cheers.

Edited by washparkhorn

2 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Follow the money. Follow those who are on her team. who did they work for before Warren campaign.

Warren was always Establishment. Her crowning achievement was the creation of a neutered agency to deal with 2008. It remains powerless.

I guess we'll just have to disagree on the definition of establishment then. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Gotta imagine that it really stings Joe to not even be Top 4.

Also, if you're one of the two endorsed candidates, how do you promote that? Do you mention the person you're running against? Do you try to make it seem like a solo endorsement?

An Elizabeth Amy ticket would not be inconsistent with their worldviews. An all-women ticket would be energizing for some. 

6 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Bernie Bro was a manufactured label. 

https://theintercept.com/2016/01/31/the-bernie-bros-narrative-a-cheap-false-campaign-tactic-masquerading-as-journalism-and-social-activism/

Bernie has more women supporting him than men. 

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/gyzjmb/bernie-bros-women-under-45-make-up-a-larger-share-of-bernie-sanders-base-than-men

You need to try and break out of your news silo. It limits your access to wisdom. And policy issues require well-informed participants, which news silos do not create. Like Aristotle - attempt to see all 365 degrees of an issue. The algos limit one's ability to see the truth at times. Cheers.

Probably good advice, thanks.

My first vote for president was McGovern, '72 while I was active in the anti-Vietnam War demonstrations. McGovern won both on-campus precincts by 90 points over Nixon but didn't fare well nationally.  

I'll vote blue no matter who but I had too many run ins with Bernie supporters in 2016 with their bullshit #NeverHillary tags. Cheers. 

• Like 1

NYT going after Yang supporter and Harvard Law Professor (progressive) - Lawrence Lessig. He is fighting back.

He attacked the Establishment (MIT and Jeffrey Epstein) and the NYT said Lessig was soliciting donations from Epstein. They play dirty.

Lessig doesn't fully understand the scope of the problem he stepped in. He will. 

Edited by washparkhorn

34 minutes ago, Texas73 said:

Probably good advice, thanks.

My first vote for president was McGovern, '72 while I was active in the anti-Vietnam War demonstrations. McGovern won both on-campus precincts by 90 points over Nixon but didn't fare well nationally.  

I'll vote blue no matter who but I had too many run ins with Bernie supporters in 2016 with their bullshit #NeverHillary tags. Cheers. 

I remember my sisters crying when McGovern lost. We are well right of that point in time now. The move to conservative neoliberal economics in the late 70's killed  progressive politicians. We need that spirit of possibilities back - as a nation.

Apologies for Sanders supporters who come on too strong. They are enthusiastic and that can be overbearing. Their hearts are in the right place. 

Edited by washparkhorn