New Board Help Question Amnesty

Neonmoon

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Don't see anything in settings. Probably best not to browse with your work computer in the meantime. 

Well that is not the route I’m going to chose. 

I guess work will have to adjust to the new board like everyone else 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

How do you turn avatars off? 

I would like to view this board at work without titties bouncing in someone’s avatar on every page. The “man” frowns upon shit like that. 

You should look into this new thing called a smart phone. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

When i tried to upload a gif for my avatar, i get a msg saying its too big.  Its the same one i get from South Austins mom.  Instead of rearranging South Austins mom's guts i want to resize my gif.  Any idea?

Download a program called Irfanview, it is free. It allows you to resize images, both in pixel size and byte size.

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

When i tried to upload a gif for my avatar, i get a msg saying its too big.  Its the same one i get from South Austins mom.  Instead of rearranging South Austins mom's guts i want to resize my gif.  Any idea?

Post your .gif there and a good Samaritan might help you out.

If you use an adblocker you should be able to easily add a filter to block avatars.

Also, another nice feature that I didn't see mentioned is being able to tag users by typing @ then their name. This will give them a notification and is particularly useful when you want to pester the fuck out of someone to get them to reply.

seconded on the reply back option for the baseball board.

apparently, i can't pull this website from my phone but can on my computer and tablet. my phone results say this website has no ip address? is that another issue (phone) or related to this website? 

Just now, Mez2 said:

seconded on the reply back option for the baseball board.

apparently, i can't pull this website from my phone but can on my computer and tablet. my phone results say this website has no ip address? is that another issue (phone) or related to this website? 

Put a www. in front 

38 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

just tried again - google says server IP address could not be found. that sucks

ok, when i turn on my phone wifi I am able to connect to this website but if i'm on data i can't acess this site - is this a phone issue or site issue? 

3 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

ok, when i turn on my phone wifi I am able to connect to this website but if i'm on data i can't acess this site - is this a phone issue or site issue? 

Probably a phone issue.  DNS servers/cache not updated.  Reboot might solve it.

56 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Would also appreciate a spoiler tag option.

Does

this

not work?

eta: it works.  Type Spoiler in brackets.  It may have been Spoil on last one

Edited by Lurch

Any chance of retrieving my avatar from the old site? Or have they all been deleted? The page where I originally grabbed the image isn't there anymore. I probably have it saved somewhere but it will take some digging to find it. I wish I would've found out about the change before the avatars were removed so I could save it. 

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

I’m still having Avatar problems. So they ride the dragon things by hooking their pony tails into them, but they also have sex by intertwining their pony tails? So are they fucking the dragons? Any help is appreciated. 

That's why it is called a 'profile photo' and not an avatar in this realm of the surly

4 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Any chance of retrieving my avatar from the old site? Or have they all been deleted? The page where I originally grabbed the image isn't there anymore. I probably have it saved somewhere but it will take some digging to find it. I wish I would've found out about the change before the avatars were removed so I could save it. 

Here you go

8 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

SIAP - but it doesn't look like the site is loading on mobile browsers. Was working earlier this morning. 

I'm on Android, can't speak to Iphone. 

I'm getting it to load on Chrome on Android.