New Board Help Question Amnesty

Neonmoon

13 minutes ago, 'stache said:

When you click on a thread is there a way to go straight to the first post which you have not yet viewed?

Click on the little bullet/star next to the topic name.

These URLs are what I'm using on my bookmark bar (laptop)

Show unread from people you follow: (links go to first unread). Very similar to Subscribed Thread at the old place.

http://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/discover/followed-content/&stream_unread_links=1&stream_club_select=undefined&stream_club_filter=undefined&stream_classes[IPS\forums\Topic]=1

Show unread from everything (links go to first unread)

http://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/discover/unread/&stream_unread_links=1&stream_club_select=undefined&stream_club_filter=undefin

Edited by retread
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

SIAP - but it doesn't look like the site is loading on mobile browsers. Was working earlier this morning. 

I'm on Android, can't speak to Iphone. 

I'm on iPhone chrome browser and had some issues....cleared the cache and its working great.  may be a coincidence, I don't know.  If that doesn't work trying spraying some Windex on it.

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

So is this the official board going forward?  Or am I going to finally get used to it and then we are going to upgrade?

ETA: doesn't it feel like this board is from 1998 or so?

Sounds like software will be the same, but improvements will be made to the theme, functionality, etc... See the To-Do thread that SpiderAg started.

So how do we embed tweets? I tried earlier, copied the link to the tweet, and then pasted that.  The link showed up but not the embedded tweet.  I copied the tweet and then poasted it and get the text, but not the embedded tweet.  Obviously many others get how to do this, but somehow I don't. I'll claim amnesty and ask for help.

6 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

So what's the answer? I'm having the same problem with embedding tweets.

Just paste the (non-mobile) twitter link into the editor. Wait a few seconds, and the tweet should automatically embed. No further formatting necessary.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

I tried it on Chrome as well and initially it looked like it worked but on the bottom it said it was reading it via offline data. Weird. A couple other guys I know are having the same issue. 

Yeah, I can't get it to work in Chrome on my Android. It let's me look at a cached copy, but says it can't resolve the DNS for viewing live.

19 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

So is this the official board going forward?  Or am I going to finally get used to it and then we are going to upgrade?

ETA: doesn't it feel like this board is from 1998 or so?

This layout is actually pretty nice. Our overlords have also asked for recommendations and desires about how to customize it. 

Patience. Rome was not built in a day. 

^ I've started using Browse>Forums. If you select the 3rd box (red square) it shows something very similar to the old What's New. You can choose which forums you want to include in that listing.

If you pick the 1st box, it will show a list of forums. 

bernorange explains setting up a custom stream here (for subscriptions)    http://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/topic/483-subsribefollow-threads/&tab=comments#comment-7651

sSWBifL.png

Edited by retread

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...